Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

what's a good tortilla

went to the grocery and didn't see any flatout stuff. checked by the deli and the bread section. Looked over where i got the mission tortillas in the coolers and no wheat ones. The ones i mentioned are really good and have no funny taste. my kids even ate them and said nothing.
Today i got something by the deli to make some pizzas. It is PITA Gourmet flat bread in whole wheat.
MUUUch shorter ingred. list (always good :) )

cal 130
fat 3
sat.fat 0.5
trans fat 0
chol 0
sodium 180
total carb 21
fiber 2
sugar 0
protein 4

Whole wheat flour, filtered water, yeast, canola oil, salt, calcium propionate.

whaddya think, which is better? Remember i'm trying to cut ;)

getnfit06 said:
went to the grocery and didn't see any flatout stuff. checked by the deli and the bread section. Looked over where i got the mission tortillas in the coolers and no wheat ones. The ones i mentioned are really good and have no funny taste. my kids even ate them and said nothing.
Today i got something by the deli to make some pizzas. It is PITA Gourmet flat bread in whole wheat.

cal 130
fat 3
sat.fat 0.5
trans fat 0
chol 0
sodium 180
total carb 21
fiber 2
sugar 0
protein 4

Looks good also - but I just like all that fiber in the other ones, which make the net carbs lower......I don't see any reason, really (unless you're cutting to compete) why you couldn't incorporate either one into your meal plan.....

Yep, that sounds just peachy! A short ingredient list IS good! lol

jenscats5 said:
Looks good also - but I just like all that fiber in the other ones, which make the net carbs lower......I don't see any reason, really (unless you're cutting to compete) why you couldn't incorporate either one into your meal plan.....

what the gimpy girl here said. ;) (I can say that bec I am gimpy too)

I didn't realized that where you live there are a lot of different types of tortillas.

Here in Mexico, I just classify them in two... the ones made out of corn and the ones made out of flour (the type varies, but still flour).

I prefer to avoid flour made tortillas because of refined flours. Corn on the other hand, provide low source of carbs and contain a lot of fiber too.

nikkita said:
I didn't realized that where you live there are a lot of different types of tortillas.

Here in Mexico, I just classify them in two... the ones made out of corn and the ones made out of flour (the type varies, but still flour).

I prefer to avoid flour made tortillas because of refined flours. Corn on the other hand, provide low source of carbs and contain a lot of fiber too.

In China, we mix corn flour and soy bean flour (roughwrought) together with some saleratus and some water, and then steam it into tortillas.

ilovedance said:
In China, we mix corn flour and soy bean flour (roughwrought) together with some saleratus and some water, and then steam it into tortillas.

that sounds delicious!

getnfit06 said:

cal 130
fat 3
sat.fat 0.5
trans fat 0
chol 0
sodium 180
total carb 21
fiber 2
sugar 0
protein 4

hey there! i get that low carb flat out bread alot and its because those "pizzas" are a great cheat but not cheat meal hehe... and i find it at my local wal-mart right in the deli! so ya might check it out next time you are there :)

Top Bottom