Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

What is happening to female competitions?

Mr.Jabalaba

As a female bodybuilder I wonder – why did theyremove the female Mrs. International competition? What did they findwrong with it? Why did they replace us with the Physique in Olympia?No more Ms. Olympia – sad thing!

i don't follow bodybuilding competitions so this is the first i have heard of this

my guess is that the shows are too long and nobody wants to sit there watching females, old guys, physique or teenage class for 4 hours before we see the big guys. who has time to do that? this is why i don't go to shows anymore.

My theory is that they are trying to follow with the modern trends. Few people like to see really muscular male-like female bodybuilders, so they decided to ditch them, and introduce the bikini style comps, where the physiques of the ladies are more commonly accepted. And I can't really blame IFBB for that - in the end of the day it is a business, and they need to see what their customers want to see.

They got rid of female bodybuilding because it wasn't filling the seats. The IFBB is a business after all. They want to sell tickets.

I watched the Mrs.Olympia bodybuilding competition a few years ago and it was a ghost town. There were maybe 50 people watching.

The sad reality is that the vast majority of men and women do not find female bodybuilding attractive so they don't support it. They like the look of bikini, figure, and physique much better. That's why the IFBB got rid of bikini and focuses on just those divisions now.

Top Bottom