Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

What is the difference between eating healthy & eating clean?

2tone

Hi All,

Newbie here and I am trying to understand the difference between eating healthy and eating clean? I've been given some really good advice and it's been suggested that I should be sure to eat clean. But I don't really understand the difference between healthy eating and clean eating?

Eating clean: (personal definitions may vary, but this is the jist)
--Keeping processed foods OUT of your diet as much as you can. Basically, if it has more than one ingredients, it is probably processed. Almost everything that comes in a box/bag/container is processed. Keep it simple, easier to digest, easier for your body to use efficiently.
--Most carbs are complex. Lean towards veggies - preferably green ones. Potatoes are good (sweet potatoes and yams too), rice is typically brown. Bread is usually a no-no
--Majorly limit sugars. This includes fruit. Fruit, while healthy and non-processed, is all sugar. Limit amount of fruit you eat.
--Meat is lean. Typically chicken, fish, or beef. Can use spices, but not typically marinades.
--Fats are healthy fats from nuts (usually almonds), Flax Oil, Olive Oil.

Basically, it is very simple, not fancy, very boring. Yucan add to it as you see needed, depending on your goals and your ability to stick with the diet.

Eating healthy is eating a balanced amount of food, usually based on the food pyramid. Things like fruit, corn, breads, pastas, etc are fine. There is MUCH more "wiggle room".

Bodybuilders/Fitness Competitors and those who aspire to be/look like them usually eat more clean than just healthy. Their diets are kinda based upon the saying "food is fuel", that's it. Looking like that isn't fun, it is hard work and takes a lot of will power and determination. It isn't a healthy career, really.

BUT, those who compete always have an "off season" where they are more lienent about what they eat. This helps with keeping the metabolism guessing, gaining muscle, as well as for sanity. Not many people can eat clean year round.

JMHO. :)

Thank you Daisy_Girl,

You've really made it easy for me to understand. That was a great explination. :)

We dont speak of the food pyramid. The food pyramid is the axis of evil nutritional misinformation.

Clean- No crap

healthy- balanced, getting all the micronutrients you need as well.

Top Bottom