Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

What a Clean Diet Does....A Progress Report!

I eat yogurt in spurts. Not craving them right now, but when I am I like to add sliced almonds to it too. Pretty filling.

Do you guys ever buy just the plain yogurt? I have stopped getting flavored stuff because of the High Fructose Corn Syrup. GOSH, that's in everything!! Anyways, just wondering if you just eat it plain or if you have any ideas for adding stuff to the plain flavor. I was thinking maybe Splenda??

I buy just plain and add Splenda. I know a lot of people stay away from fruit, but I will occasionally add in some lower GI fruit to the yogurt.

Has anyone tried that new flavored syrup made with splenda? Comes in all kinds of flavors, usually by the coffee stuff in the store. It rocks, I put the vanilla flav in my diet rite and in my oatmeal. May be good with a dab in yogurt too.

Daisy,

You know I think you look TOTALLY HOT by my posts on your pics thread;).

When you lost this weight, how did you determine your caloric intake? Did you do 12 x body your body weight at the time you started?....Did that number have to be adjusted as you lost fat?

Thanks!
Buc

I honestly didn't do any calculations - at all. Sorry I can't give insight or guidance on that. It's just that through many years of trying to find a "good diet" and seeing what foods work and what don't, researching "clean diets", and using information on cleans foods (mostly gathered here) I came up with a workable diet FOR ME. I tried to keep it simple, didn't use a lot of foods, and kept my foods clean and as natural as I could.

As I lost fat, I started dropping my starchy carbs and ate more veggies. So naturally, my caloric intake fell. Instead of a small whole potato, I ate 1/2 one, then 1/3. Then I switched to Yams, then to green veggies. The only starchy carb I had was my Cream of Wheat in the morning.

Let me know if you have any other Qs or if I can give any more insight into how I worked my diet. :)

And thanks for the nice words - you know how much I appreciate them! :)

Daisy_Girl said:
As I lost fat, I started dropping my starchy carbs and ate more veggies. So naturally, my caloric intake fell. Instead of a small whole potato, I ate 1/2 one, then 1/3. Then I switched to Yams, then to green veggies. The only starchy carb I had was my Cream of Wheat in the morning.

That sounds like very solid advice to me.

Diet Question?

Daisy_Girl said:
What I had been doing was AM cardio 5x per week and lifting 3x a week. This got the excess fat off, and I maintained my muscle mass but built no extra muscle. I actually lost the 30lbs in 4 months, but in the last 2 months have focused on building muscle. So now I am changing my workouts and what I am eating now has changed a little.

This is basically what I ate for 4 months straight, with one cheat day a week.

Meal 1: (post cardio)
1/2 - 3/4 cup Cream of Wheat with cinnamon and splenda
1 whole egg, 5 egg whites

Meal 2:
Protein Shake

Meal 3:
4oz Chicken
3-5oz Red Potato
Almonds

Meal 4: (usually post lifting)
Protein Shake

Meal 5:
4oz Chicken
Green Beans or Salad (no limit)

Meal 6: (before bed)
Protein Shake
Natty PB
Skim milk with shake or water? What brand off shakes did you take? On your salad was it plain or did you add a little olive oil with vinger? I am assuming the chicken you ate was all boneless and skinless. Also I hate potatoes think I could switch them up with another small serving of carbs? I am seriously thinking of giving this diet a go it seems boring but your results were amazing and with one cheat day a week I think I will live. Are they an condomints like salsa or ketchup you would use. Or just eat it all plain?
Thanks in advance,

Top Bottom