Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

What a Clean Diet Does....A Progress Report!

Wouahhh girl!! You're such an inspirational hope for everybody!! Can't believe my eyes!!
I always seem to think that the only way for me to lose weight is LESS eating !!

Daisy_Girl said:
Can't believe I am posting these pics, but things B Fold said to me motivated me to do so. :) This is just a reminder of what a clean diet and smart training can do for a body. My diet was all clean foods, no drugs, and I trained my ass off (quite literally!).

You look great!! I have a question-about a clean diet. I told someone I eat lots of seafood-and shrimp is my all time favorite. She said that shrimp, or any seafood, is not a clean protein. What did this mean? It has no fat; it certainly is not processed with salts or sugars. and I do not if I should really say this here-but shrimp cannot be fed steroids so that it grows faster so the fisherman get bigger profits-so what is so bad about seafood?

Just to say, I am concerned about the health affects and possible appearance changes that can result in steroids they now put in plants and farm animals.

Can anyone tell me more?

Dance Princess said:
You look great!! I have a question-about a clean diet. I told someone I eat lots of seafood-and shrimp is my all time favorite. She said that shrimp, or any seafood, is not a clean protein. What did this mean? It has no fat; it certainly is not processed with salts or sugars. and I do not if I should really say this here-but shrimp cannot be fed steroids so that it grows faster so the fisherman get bigger profits-so what is so bad about seafood?

Just to say, I am concerned about the health affects and possible appearance changes that can result in steroids they now put in plants and farm animals.

Can anyone tell me more?

I am not Daisy but seafood is very clean if prepared correctly with out excess butter, oils, sauces etc. This "someone" is telling you stuff needs to buy a clue. Good thing is your actually smart enough to question her "advice." :)

Dance Princess said:
Daisy_Girl said:
Can't believe I am posting these pics, but things B Fold said to me motivated me to do so. :) This is just a reminder of what a clean diet and smart training can do for a body. My diet was all clean foods, no drugs, and I trained my ass off (quite literally!).

Can anyone tell me more?

Some people get uppity with large quantities of shellfish (you'll hear all about - oh my cholesterol YAHDA YAHDA) and other fish it's about the mercury so you'd have to limit farm raised fish and eat more wild. As for it being - not clean, other than what QT already noted I'm not sure what else it might mean.

Just as a note EGGS (organic even better) are a great source of protein as well.

superqt4u2nv said:
I am not Daisy but seafood is very clean if prepared correctly with out excess butter, oils, sauces etc. This "someone" is telling you stuff needs to buy a clue. Good thing is your actually smart enough to question her "advice." :)

One thing to consider is that shrimp & lobster are bottom feeders. Lobster is also very rich so from a "diet" point of view, I wouldn't make those the regular part of the diet but probably more the "cheat meal" part of the diet.

superqt4u2nv said:

THANKS, I APPRECIATE ANYONE'S LEGITIMATE ANSWERS TO ANY OF MY QUESTIONS WHEN I TALK ABOUT SEAFOOD-I LIKE SHRIMP TO BE BOILED, AND FISH, I LIKE IT TO BE BARBEQUED ON A CHARCOAL BAR B QUE PIT GRILL. I LIKE VEGGIES THIS WAY TOO-I WILL PUT THEM ON A STICK.

DOES A "CLEAN FOOD" MEAN FREE FROM ADDITIVES AND THE LESS INGREDIENTS AS POSSIBLE? THAT IS WHAT I LEARNED FROM THAT POSTS I WAS READING LAST NIGHT. I WAS VERY SUPRISED TO FIND OUT HEALTHY DIET IS NOT NECESSARILY A CLEAN DIET. I WILL USE THE BASTING SAUCE WHEN BAR B QUEING-BUT GENERALLY DRESSINGS AND SAUCES "TAKE AWAY" FROM THE TASTE. AND WHAT DO YOU THINK OF SUBWAYS SALADS-WITHOUT THE DRESSINGS? IS THAT CLEAN FOODS? AS I SAID IN ANOTHER POSTS-SUBWAY IS DOING SOMETHING SECRETIVE AND THEY WILL NOT LET THEIR SECRET OUT. AS FAR AS SAYING "WE USE FRESH VEGGETABLES" MY SALADS AT HOME DO NOT TASTE LIKE THAT.

I DO NOT ALWAYS BELIEVE OR ACCEPT EVERYTHING I HEAR. HOWEVER, THIS BOARD DOES HAVE PEOPLE WHO KNOW WHAT THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT.

Princess,

A safe rule of thumb with clean foods is to avoid items that come out of boxes, jars and tin containers, some exceptions - rice and tuna (tuna can contain mercury though but I wouldn't let that make you crazy).

If you eat dairy - milk and cottage cheese would be another exception.

Any green veggie is good - as well as the colored version of those veggies.
Root veggies - also good but eat more green than root.
Tomato - actually a fruit - also good
Onions are very good for you as is garlic.

Animal flesh - less additives the better (hormones and antibiotic - can become expensive though)

Eggs - also very good

Nuts - great fat and protien source

Fruits - depends on your diet - fresh is always best and berries are a choice

As far as eating out - Subway and Panera Bread - although a better choice they do contain sugar and they are high in sodium.

Oh speaking of fish - can't BBQ - grab some foil and salsa (make your own if poss) place the fish on the foil put a layer of salsa wrap like a package on pop it in the over 10-15 minutes later - VOILA very tasty

Dance Princess said:
THANKS, I APPRECIATE ANYONE'S LEGITIMATE ANSWERS TO ANY OF MY QUESTIONS WHEN I TALK ABOUT SEAFOOD-I LIKE SHRIMP TO BE BOILED, AND FISH, I LIKE IT TO BE BARBEQUED ON A CHARCOAL BAR B QUE PIT GRILL. I LIKE VEGGIES THIS WAY TOO-I WILL PUT THEM ON A STICK.

DOES A "CLEAN FOOD" MEAN FREE FROM ADDITIVES AND THE LESS INGREDIENTS AS POSSIBLE? THAT IS WHAT I LEARNED FROM THAT POSTS I WAS READING LAST NIGHT. I WAS VERY SUPRISED TO FIND OUT HEALTHY DIET IS NOT NECESSARILY A CLEAN DIET. I WILL USE THE BASTING SAUCE WHEN BAR B QUEING-BUT GENERALLY DRESSINGS AND SAUCES "TAKE AWAY" FROM THE TASTE. AND WHAT DO YOU THINK OF SUBWAYS SALADS-WITHOUT THE DRESSINGS? IS THAT CLEAN FOODS? AS I SAID IN ANOTHER POSTS-SUBWAY IS DOING SOMETHING SECRETIVE AND THEY WILL NOT LET THEIR SECRET OUT. AS FAR AS SAYING "WE USE FRESH VEGGETABLES" MY SALADS AT HOME DO NOT TASTE LIKE THAT.

I DO NOT ALWAYS BELIEVE OR ACCEPT EVERYTHING I HEAR. HOWEVER, THIS BOARD DOES HAVE PEOPLE WHO KNOW WHAT THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT.

yep..what she said.

2 other Rule of Thumbs

1 - Shop perimeter of the grocey store(bakeries aside) - that is where the good stuff can generally be found

2 - Avoid anything white:

bread
rice
pasta
sugar
dairy

Top Bottom