x
Almost there! Please complete this form and click the button below to gain instant access.
EliteFitness.com FREE Email Series: How You Can Use Winstrol, Masteron, HGH, and Testosterone for a Perfect, Muscular Physique!
- -
We hate SPAM and promise to keep your email address safe.
- -
puritysourcelabs.rudomestic-supply.com

What a Clean Diet Does....A Progress Report!

Welcome to the EliteFitness.com Bodybuilding Site! Please join this discussion about What a Clean Diet Does....A Progress Report! within the Women's Fitness (Female Bodybuilding and Training) category.

Excerpt: Can't believe I am posting these pics, but things B Fold said to me motivated me to do so. :) This is just a reminder of what a clean diet and smart training can do for a body. My diet was all clean foods, no drugs, and I trained my ass off (quite literally!). I'm posting this (and killing my pride!) so nobody - new or old - underestimates the effect of a GOOD DIET. Diet is #1 in changing your body and reaching your goals. No ifs, ands or buts. Don't make excuses, just do it. Now.

Read more or register here to join the discussion below...

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819
    All Natural

Re: What a Clean Diet Does....A Progress Report!

[QUOTE=Daisy_Girl]Can't believe I am posting these pics, but things B Fold said to me motivated me to do so. This is just a reminder of what a clean diet and smart training can do for a body. My diet was all clean foods, no drugs, and I trained my ass off (quite literally!).

You look great!! I have a question-about a clean diet. I told someone I eat lots of seafood-and shrimp is my all time favorite. She said that shrimp, or any seafood, is not a clean protein. What did this mean? It has no fat; it certainly is not processed with salts or sugars. and I do not if I should really say this here-but shrimp cannot be fed steroids so that it grows faster so the fisherman get bigger profits-so what is so bad about seafood?

Just to say, I am concerned about the health affects and possible appearance changes that can result in steroids they now put in plants and farm animals.

Can anyone tell me more?

Quote Quote posted by Dance Princess
    You look great!! I have a question-about a clean diet. I told someone I eat lots of seafood-and shrimp is my all time favorite. She said that shrimp, or any seafood, is not a clean protein. What did this mean? It has no fat; it certainly is not processed with salts or sugars. and I do not if I should really say this here-but shrimp cannot be fed steroids so that it grows faster so the fisherman get bigger profits-so what is so bad about seafood?

Just to say, I am concerned about the health affects and possible appearance changes that can result in steroids they now put in plants and farm animals.

Can anyone tell me more?
    I am not Daisy but seafood is very clean if prepared correctly with out excess butter, oils, sauces etc. This "someone" is telling you stuff needs to buy a clue. Good thing is your actually smart enough to question her "advice."

Elite Mentor

[QUOTE=Dance Princess]
    Quote Quote posted by Daisy_Girl
    Can't believe I am posting these pics, but things B Fold said to me motivated me to do so. This is just a reminder of what a clean diet and smart training can do for a body. My diet was all clean foods, no drugs, and I trained my ass off (quite literally!).

Can anyone tell me more?
    Some people get uppity with large quantities of shellfish (you'll hear all about - oh my cholesterol YAHDA YAHDA) and other fish it's about the mercury so you'd have to limit farm raised fish and eat more wild. As for it being - not clean, other than what QT already noted I'm not sure what else it might mean.

Just as a note EGGS (organic even better) are a great source of protein as well.

Quote Quote posted by superqt4u2nv
    I am not Daisy but seafood is very clean if prepared correctly with out excess butter, oils, sauces etc. This "someone" is telling you stuff needs to buy a clue. Good thing is your actually smart enough to question her "advice."
    One thing to consider is that shrimp & lobster are bottom feeders. Lobster is also very rich so from a "diet" point of view, I wouldn't make those the regular part of the diet but probably more the "cheat meal" part of the diet.

All Natural

Quote Quote posted by superqt4u2nv
    THANKS, I APPRECIATE ANYONE'S LEGITIMATE ANSWERS TO ANY OF MY QUESTIONS WHEN I TALK ABOUT SEAFOOD-I LIKE SHRIMP TO BE BOILED, AND FISH, I LIKE IT TO BE BARBEQUED ON A CHARCOAL BAR B QUE PIT GRILL. I LIKE VEGGIES THIS WAY TOO-I WILL PUT THEM ON A STICK.

DOES A "CLEAN FOOD" MEAN FREE FROM ADDITIVES AND THE LESS INGREDIENTS AS POSSIBLE? THAT IS WHAT I LEARNED FROM THAT POSTS I WAS READING LAST NIGHT. I WAS VERY SUPRISED TO FIND OUT HEALTHY DIET IS NOT NECESSARILY A CLEAN DIET. I WILL USE THE BASTING SAUCE WHEN BAR B QUEING-BUT GENERALLY DRESSINGS AND SAUCES "TAKE AWAY" FROM THE TASTE. AND WHAT DO YOU THINK OF SUBWAYS SALADS-WITHOUT THE DRESSINGS? IS THAT CLEAN FOODS? AS I SAID IN ANOTHER POSTS-SUBWAY IS DOING SOMETHING SECRETIVE AND THEY WILL NOT LET THEIR SECRET OUT. AS FAR AS SAYING "WE USE FRESH VEGGETABLES" MY SALADS AT HOME DO NOT TASTE LIKE THAT.

I DO NOT ALWAYS BELIEVE OR ACCEPT EVERYTHING I HEAR. HOWEVER, THIS BOARD DOES HAVE PEOPLE WHO KNOW WHAT THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT.

Elite Mentor

Princess,

A safe rule of thumb with clean foods is to avoid items that come out of boxes, jars and tin containers, some exceptions - rice and tuna (tuna can contain mercury though but I wouldn't let that make you crazy).

If you eat dairy - milk and cottage cheese would be another exception.

Any green veggie is good - as well as the colored version of those veggies.
    Root veggies - also good but eat more green than root.
    Tomato - actually a fruit - also good
    Onions are very good for you as is garlic.

Animal flesh - less additives the better (hormones and antibiotic - can become expensive though)

Eggs - also very good

Nuts - great fat and protien source

Fruits - depends on your diet - fresh is always best and berries are a choice

As far as eating out - Subway and Panera Bread - although a better choice they do contain sugar and they are high in sodium.

Oh speaking of fish - can't BBQ - grab some foil and salsa (make your own if poss) place the fish on the foil put a layer of salsa wrap like a package on pop it in the over 10-15 minutes later - VOILA very tasty

Quote Quote posted by Dance Princess
    THANKS, I APPRECIATE ANYONE'S LEGITIMATE ANSWERS TO ANY OF MY QUESTIONS WHEN I TALK ABOUT SEAFOOD-I LIKE SHRIMP TO BE BOILED, AND FISH, I LIKE IT TO BE BARBEQUED ON A CHARCOAL BAR B QUE PIT GRILL. I LIKE VEGGIES THIS WAY TOO-I WILL PUT THEM ON A STICK.

DOES A "CLEAN FOOD" MEAN FREE FROM ADDITIVES AND THE LESS INGREDIENTS AS POSSIBLE? THAT IS WHAT I LEARNED FROM THAT POSTS I WAS READING LAST NIGHT. I WAS VERY SUPRISED TO FIND OUT HEALTHY DIET IS NOT NECESSARILY A CLEAN DIET. I WILL USE THE BASTING SAUCE WHEN BAR B QUEING-BUT GENERALLY DRESSINGS AND SAUCES "TAKE AWAY" FROM THE TASTE. AND WHAT DO YOU THINK OF SUBWAYS SALADS-WITHOUT THE DRESSINGS? IS THAT CLEAN FOODS? AS I SAID IN ANOTHER POSTS-SUBWAY IS DOING SOMETHING SECRETIVE AND THEY WILL NOT LET THEIR SECRET OUT. AS FAR AS SAYING "WE USE FRESH VEGGETABLES" MY SALADS AT HOME DO NOT TASTE LIKE THAT.

I DO NOT ALWAYS BELIEVE OR ACCEPT EVERYTHING I HEAR. HOWEVER, THIS BOARD DOES HAVE PEOPLE WHO KNOW WHAT THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT.

The Shadow

yep..what she said.

2 other Rule of Thumbs

1 - Shop perimeter of the grocey store(bakeries aside) - that is where the good stuff can generally be found

2 - Avoid anything white:

bread
    rice
    pasta
    sugar
    dairy

Da Pope

Great bump, thanks for the reminder of how important a diet really is.