Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

What is in a birth control pill?

Tarheel

They manipulate hormones, right? Is it a steroid or a hormone or what? What type of dose is in each pill? What are the side effects to them (I've heard infertility if you take them too long?)

And no, I dont plan on taking any BC pills, I was just wondering how something in a little pill can stop a woman from getting pregnant. Surely it has to have some effects on the endocrine system.

So it makes girls more girly?

Is that why teenage girls are sometimes given the pill, not to stop babies but to make them mature faster?

While I'm no doctor, a slightly different explanation was told to me by one. BC pills work by shutting off a woman's own body's hormone production. The body realizes that its getting the hormones from the pill. So, you stop ovulating. Its actually possible to have lower levels of estrogen/progesterone in your body while on the pill than without it. They give it to teenagers who aren't interested in preventing pregnancy in order to regulate their menstrual cycles (PERIODS).

Top Bottom