Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

what is the best way to compute body fat

The best way is to find somewhere that has a Bod Pod - but few places have them and it'll cost you around $50 or so. But it is the most accurate.

Calipers - probably at most fitness supply stores. Probably a supplement store too. Calipers are unreliable for EXACT BF%, have a high percentage of error. And most people (trainers) suck at taking BF measurements. But can be useful for tracking progress. Oh, and the same person should always do the measurement or else the result is pretty much useless for tracking purposes.

WHATS A BOD POD?

Are they those electronic devices that have two metal feet that you stand on?

I heard they may not be so accurate.

Now if a lady is firm everywhere else, but wobbly in the upper legs, that can lead to inaccurate measurements with the calipers, right?

:jackbox:

Spatts....

I read somewhere (can't remember where, and don't remember exact details) recently that the Bod Pod was found to be more reliable that hydrostatic weighing. Esp. for bodybuilders and/or those with more muscle mass - has to do with the amount of muscle. Also, those who aren't experienced with hydrostatic weghing the result can be off because they don't exhale fully.

Wish I remembered where I read this..... :confused:

Top Bottom