Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

What about women

Prettylittlepest said:
Ty boys.. whose daisy?

Daisy is one of the Mods on EF. She knows her stuff. Raina, BrickGirl and Quadsweeps Sister are also great resources. If you PM them of post a request for advice they'll always around to help. Some of the gals here have taught me a thing of 2 about dieting!

slat1 said:
Welome to the board. I agree that the womens forum will offer you better advice... Daisy's posts are educated and informative!
*Ha ha... its funny how gentlemanly the guys are when a cute girl puts her picture in her avatar!

LOL!!! No shit!!!! Let one person ask if they can drink winstrol and the gloves are off!!!! :)

hammertime30 said:
Yeah...I don't like all the isolated exercises which was similar to my wife's routine....You're just wasting energy and time being that isolated movements are more for sculpting and not as much for bulking.

Now this is my wife's new routine courtesy of me...and she's packing on mass and strength now. Get rid of the machines and start using free weights

leg day - squats, leg press, standing calf raises (3 sets each) 6-10 reps

chest and tris - flat bench, incline dumbell press, push downs, parallel dips (3 sets on the bench) 2 sets on the tris 6-10 reps

shoulder and abs - reverse military press, dumbbell press (3 sets each) 6-10 reps...side laterals, front laterals (2 sets each) 10-12 reps...cable crunches, standing leg raises (3 sets each....15-20 reps)

back and biceps - lat pull downs, bent over rows, seated cable rows (3 sets each, 6-10 reps....barbell curls (3 sets 10-12 reps)

keep your sets and training days moderate...train 1 body part per week......women training naturally are more likely to overtrain than men because of testosterone levels....push each set to failure (not saying you because I don't know you, but women have a tendency of not pushing themselves hard enough).....

Good advice.

TheRide said:
LOL!!! No shit!!!! Let one person ask if they can drink winstrol and the gloves are off!!!! :)
can i drink winstrol ? ouch , stop it , ow ouch owie owie owie owie

Oh wow. Well first, welcome! Ignore all above posts with the words "winstrol", "deca" and "test cyp". We'll save that for a later lesson.

Generally speaking, there is no difference between the way men & women "should" train. The stuff you are doing is the stuff that you find in the circuit training machines at the gym. Not a bad thing, but you are cheating yourself out of some more productive exercises. The best you can do for yourself is develop core strength & really good form on the basics. If you get really basic, squats, deadlifts and bench presses will do great things for you. This gets you into the realm of the free weights - dumbbells & barbells. You don't need to lift heavy, so don't get put off by the vision of becoming a sweaty, musclebound, shemale. Free weights force you to develop excellent form and balance and also give you a range of motion that you won't get with machines.

Your training split is upper body / lower body. This is very similar to what some good beginning training programs like that presented in the "Body for Life" program. (This is a book by Bill Phillips that introduces pretty diet & training regimen for beginners to the fitness lifestyle.)

As far as "what guys do to bulk up" - the training isn't really what determines how "big" you get or whatever other change you want in your body. The diet will determine that. As I said above, you don't necessarily have to lift heavy, but you do need to not cheat yourself by being scared of stackign the weight on. Lift what you can while keeping good form. Keep the reps lower - for example, if I can do an exercise at a particular weight for 12 -15 reps with good form, I'll up the weight by an increment (e.g. 5 lb for arms, 10 lb for back / chest or 25-45 lb for legs) and try to execute at least 8 quality reps. If I can't do that I'll back off on the weight a little and work back up to 12-15 quality reps. The form & intensity will get you some good result.

Cardio-wise, don't be scared to back off a little on that or change it up. I gather you are doing the same low intensity cardio 45 min 5 days / week? You can try doing 1-2 sessions/week of shorter time, interval training - e.g. on a treadmill, sprint for 2 min, walk or jog for 2 min to get your heartrate back down, then sprint for 2, walk for 2, repeat for say 20 min. Do a couple sessions / week of your regular longer, low intensity cardio. Personally I don't do cardio on leg day because I have already beaten my legs to crap with the training and doing cardio will just overtrain them. Also remember that you are doing cardio on the other days as well.

i think my ardio is pretty intense daily ranging from 45min-1hr. my arms and my legs are both getting quite solid.. i s a short time.. ppl are even commenting.. just my middle.. why in the hell is nuthing happening there damnit!!!! :chomp:

Sassy69 said:
Oh wow. Well first, welcome! Ignore all above posts with the words "winstrol", "deca" and "test cyp". We'll save that for a later lesson.

Generally speaking, there is no difference between the way men & women "should" train. The stuff you are doing is the stuff that you find in the circuit training machines at the gym. Not a bad thing, but you are cheating yourself out of some more productive exercises. The best you can do for yourself is develop core strength & really good form on the basics. If you get really basic, squats, deadlifts and bench presses will do great things for you. This gets you into the realm of the free weights - dumbbells & barbells. You don't need to lift heavy, so don't get put off by the vision of becoming a sweaty, musclebound, shemale. Free weights force you to develop excellent form and balance and also give you a range of motion that you won't get with machines.

Your training split is upper body / lower body. This is very similar to what some good beginning training programs like that presented in the "Body for Life" program. (This is a book by Bill Phillips that introduces pretty diet & training regimen for beginners to the fitness lifestyle.)

As far as "what guys do to bulk up" - the training isn't really what determines how "big" you get or whatever other change you want in your body. The diet will determine that. As I said above, you don't necessarily have to lift heavy, but you do need to not cheat yourself by being scared of stackign the weight on. Lift what you can while keeping good form. Keep the reps lower - for example, if I can do an exercise at a particular weight for 12 -15 reps with good form, I'll up the weight by an increment (e.g. 5 lb for arms, 10 lb for back / chest or 25-45 lb for legs) and try to execute at least 8 quality reps. If I can't do that I'll back off on the weight a little and work back up to 12-15 quality reps. The form & intensity will get you some good result.

Cardio-wise, don't be scared to back off a little on that or change it up. I gather you are doing the same low intensity cardio 45 min 5 days / week? You can try doing 1-2 sessions/week of shorter time, interval training - e.g. on a treadmill, sprint for 2 min, walk or jog for 2 min to get your heartrate back down, then sprint for 2, walk for 2, repeat for say 20 min. Do a couple sessions / week of your regular longer, low intensity cardio. Personally I don't do cardio on leg day because I have already beaten my legs to crap with the training and doing cardio will just overtrain them. Also remember that you are doing cardio on the other days as well.

Well, considering what you wrote in a previous thread - your diet sucks. In the other thread, the info you posted showed that you rarely eat, and when you do, the food choices could improve. You will never lose the fat in your middle unless you get strict on the diet. Women have a hard enough time losing middle fat (estrogen), and if your diet is not CLEAN and high in protein, you will have an even TOUGHER time.

Check out the stickies at the top of this board. They will give you some ideas on food choices as well as basic diet info.

DIET will burn the fat a million times faster than cardio.

Top Bottom