Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Weights for abs

giantmma

I recently added weights to my abs routine and I am starting to see alot of improvement then when I wasnt using weights. Shows a big difference!

Yes, as with any other exercise you do, to continue to stimulate your muscle, you will need to overload over time.

Sent from my ASUS_Z012DC using Tapatalk

It's best to train abs with short high rep workouts every other day or 3 days per week.

The goal when training the abdominals is completely different then when training other body parts. When training other body parts like chest, back, legs etc. the goal is to make those muscles bigger and larger.

That obviously isn't the goal with abdominals. With abs, the goal is to define them and keep the midsection tight.

You want to train abs with high reps and to train them frequently to tone the midsection and keep the midsection tight.

This is the template I recommend for ab training:
super set 1 : 3-4 sets of lower ab exercise x 20 reps super set with upper ab exercise x 20 reps
super set 2: 3-4 sets of lower ab exercise x 20 reps super set with upper ab exercise x 20 reps
3-4 sets of an oblique exercise like decline bench romanian twists - 20 reps per side
1 set to failure of a functional ab exercise like plank or ab roller

Top Bottom