Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

weighted crunches

elitef

I am interested about ab workouts and i read in a M&F Hers something that seems incredible to me!
Aleksandra Kobielak (a Czech fitness champ well known for her good abs) said that she worked her abs on a decline bench , holding a 45 (yes 45!) lbs plate behind her head for several sets of 25 reps.
Do u think it s genuine, do u perform that kind of exercice too?

elitef said:
I am interested about ab workouts and i read in a M&F Hers something that seems incredible to me!
Aleksandra Kobielak (a Czech fitness champ well known for her good abs) said that she worked her abs on a decline bench , holding a 45 (yes 45!) lbs plate behind her head for several sets of 25 reps.

Yes I do do them; however I use a 25lb plate & hold it in front of me.....for 25 reps, 3 sets....

Just to keep this in perspective - abs are all about 1) diet 2) genetics 3) training, in that order. Let's also keep in mind that if she's world-level competitor, chances are she's also "supplementing", which will allow for much heavier lifting.

But if you take a browse through some of the girls' logs on the ladies board, you'll see some doing decline crunches w/ 25 lb plates.

I personally don't do a lot of ab work and none like this due to lower back issues. I do more along the lines of hanging abs, cable reverse ab crunches on a fit ball and things of that sort. Before the back injury, I'd done plenty of ab work w/ my feet propped up & lying on a flat surface and using 10 or 25 lb plate.

One thing I note about using the decline bench is that it has the little foot rest thingy that you can use to pull against as well .. sort of a bit of cheating there.

elitef said:
Holy Cow... I sometimes do what Jens does (25 lb plate on Chest), but I just switched to at least 10lb plate behind the head for full declines, slow reps, 3-4 sets 25 etc... Can't even imagine a 45'er... :evil:

Top Bottom