Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Weed Vs muscle

L

Little Girl

I started training a girl who's in pretty good shape: 20 years old, 5'2, 110lbs,14%bf. She'd like to get a little more muscles and a lower Bf. The thing is, she smoke weed every day. Do you think it could have any repercussion on her progress and on her muscle toning??? I don't know...

LG
:)

------------------
I don't believe in luck... Only work can bring us to reach the top!!

It might help here with the eating side of mass gain! But otherwise it's not likely to help her, and more likely to hinder. It really depends on the person. I know too many bodybuilders who smoke weed, but they don't do it every day, and they only smoke when they're bulking and not too worried about gaining a little fat. I think everyday knocks the drive and motivation outta most people. But if she can stay motivated, train hard and stick to a clean diet while smoking, then good for her.

These issues would be what may (and most likely would) hinder her progress:

Respiratory system: Marijuana can be especially harmful to the lungs because users inhale the unfiltered smoke deeply and hold it in their lungs as long as possible. Marijuana smoke can cause the same breathing problems that tobacco users experience, including bronchitis and emphysema.
Cancer: Marijuana smoke contains more cancer-causing agents than is found in tobacco smoke. In fact, studies show that someone who smokes five joints per week may be taking in as many cancer-causing chemicals as someone who smokes a full pack of cigarettes every day.
Reproductive system: Heavy use of marijuana can affect male and female hormones, diminish or extinguish sexual pleasure, and cause a temporary loss in fertility. Among other symptoms, women may have irregular menstrual cycles, and young men may experience the delayed onset of puberty.
Immune System: Animal studies have found that THC can damage the cells and tissues that help guard against disease.

I don't think it's really a very good idea if she wants good results.

Though all of the side effects AB mentions are real, for the most part it doesn't mean your friend can't still gain some muscle and lose some fat while smoking weed. You might say that weed won't hinder her much more than poor diet or lack of rest. People smoke cigarettes and gain muscle, people have low fertility or sex drive and still gain muscle (just think of too much Deca for a male!). People gain muscle and still get cancer from other stuff in their life (maybe even oral AS?).

It still comes down to her ability to handle that shit and stick to the program.

Yes I admit that the possible side effects of pot that I listed above are very black and white, and are no greater than what can be induced through other lifestyle habits.

My only point is that bodybuilding is a very healthy sport aside from the drugs with which it is associated (not by mistake either!) - But a distinction must be made her between AS and recreational drugs. One will necessarily enhance progress and one will be of no direct help to progress whatsoever.

It takes a consistent and regimed approach to diet and training to make solid gains as far as bb is concerned, and my honest opinion is that if you are smoking weed every day, it is likely that some results may be compromised.

I agree with you MS that I am not in effect saying that gains cannot be made...but...there is still a but...

Top Bottom