Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Water Water Water....ugh

Tatyana said:
I think she may be in last week of comp prep.

Well ladies, this may be controversial, but that 8 glasses of water a day for the average person = medical myth.

It is on the 10 ten lists of untruths in the Lancet.

How much you drink is more of a habit or social thing.

If you are an athlete, yes you need to replenish, but that you NEED 8 glasses for health, untrue.

There are other cultures that have diets where they really don't drink much water at all and they are far healthier than the western diet.

For example, traditional Japanese diet, very little water, liquid would come in the form of soups and teas.

If drinking water does not work for you, then look at other areas you are getting liquid.

I think we only need to take in about 1 L of liquid a day for proper renal function, it really isn't that much.

Also that think about chemicals slowing absorption, I would love to hear more, as that doesn't make any sense when you think about water/salt balanace and osmolality.

absolutely; i drink a great deal of water because it's natural and comfortable for me. but medical necessity; not really so much

heatherrae said:
Is it just me, or does anyone else find that drinking lots of water everyday is the hardest part of training. I'm TRYING to get a gallon/day, but UGH, I hate feeling so FULL and bloated with water and peeing every 5 minutes (yes really every five minutes).

I don't mind eating chicken and fish and veggies and egg whites day in and day out. I don't mind the gym (most days) but all this water is DROWNING me!

LOL.

Okay, I'm done whining. Thanks for listening.

i drank a .5 gal a day at one point - then forced myslef to drink 2 gal a day for a month, now getting a gal in is cake

hey heather

Try adding natural flavor to the water.

My wife buys oranges, lemons and grape fruit .She will sqeeze some lets say grapefruit.
Then for every 12oz glass of water she adds 1 oz of grapefruit juice, or lemon or even orange.
It gives the water a refreshing taste with only natural fructose sugar in a very small amount.
This will avoid the chemicals from the fake sweetner drinks .
I think you will like it , a nice glass of ice cold water with some freash squeezed lemon is really nice on a hot summer day.
You could also do some sugar free tea. We have a gallon glass jar my wife puts some Green tea bags in it and a chopped up lemom puts the lid on and places it our side in the sun and the next day you stir it and have some really good Ice tea to drink that kinda helps and me when we are tired of drinking water.

Tatyana said:
Also that think about chemicals slowing absorption, I would love to hear more, as that doesn't make any sense when you think about water/salt balanace and osmolality.

me too. Crystal Light doesn't slow anything from being absorbed, it can be consumed at any point in contest prep.

No problems here. I love water. :)

I have no problem drinking water all day and sometimes I like to add crystal light also my favorite is the peach tea. The problem for me is going to the bathroom all the time! Hi Heather...

Beachboy6294 said:
I have no problem drinking water all day and sometimes I like to add crystal light also my favorite is the peach tea. The problem for me is going to the bathroom all the time! Hi Heather...
lol....

:wavey:

DBBT said:
me too. Crystal Light doesn't slow anything from being absorbed, it can be consumed at any point in contest prep.

Personally, in a choice between not drinking enough water or using dilute Crystal lite (I find it is WAY too strong if you use what they say to use), I would go with the Crystal Lite.

That being said, one other way around the 'too many chemicals' is to prepare a lot of herbal tea and chill it.

I used to just throw a herbal tea bag in a water bottle.

Celestial Seasoning's Red Zinger is awesome for this.

I am almost all out of crystal lite, we don't have it in the UK, we do have this stuff called 'squash' which is similar, but it is concentrated syrups.

It is quite difficult to find any that don't have a lot of sugar or concentrated fruit juices in them.

I'll admit I'm a freak about the water I comsume. I figure if I am so picky about the foods I intake, I'm going to be just as freaky about my water source. I should really check to see what Toledo's record is for contaminates.

I drink only filtered water since I'm a "nut job" on the chemical dumping in our water supplies.

Top Bottom