Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Water retention pills

lildaisy

Hi! I was wondering if anyone has tried diuretics before competition. I will be doing a figure show this Sat. and started a diuretic on Tuesday, I don't have the bottle in front of me but I think the name is MHP. I'm supposed to take 4 in the am and 4 in the pm. The problem is that the bottle did not say how many days before competition you should start nor did it say how long you can take them. My trainer wanted me to water deplete which I will a little bit but since I'm taking these do I even need to??
Lildaisy :)

you probably have xpel. i've used that before. follow directions thru to friday night. good luck at your comp!

I've taken Taraxatone & Dandilion root and started them usually on Monday or Tuesday with a Saturday Comp. I just followed the directions on the bottle.

Thanks guys...
Yes, it is Xpel. I've definitly noticed a difference in my body since taking. Regarding depleting my water (I usually drink 1 gallon/day) today (thurs.) I was going to drink 1/2 gal, Friday 1/4 gallon, and Saturday just sip on a 24oz bottle. I'm afraid to really deplete like my trainer told me too because of these pills.
I'm soooo excited!!!
THanks!!

lildaisy said:
Thanks guys...
Yes, it is Xpel. I've definitly noticed a difference in my body since taking. Regarding depleting my water (I usually drink 1 gallon/day) today (thurs.) I was going to drink 1/2 gal, Friday 1/4 gallon, and Saturday just sip on a 24oz bottle. I'm afraid to really deplete like my trainer told me too because of these pills.
I'm soooo excited!!!
THanks!!

Is this your first show?? If so, then if you follow your trainer's advice - then take note these last few days of how you look & feel. That way you can change something if you need to the next time......

I've used dandelion root and shredded. You definiately should be following what your trainer is telling you to do.

Did you ask him how to take it?

Xpel - it is a potassium / magnesium sparing OTC diuretic. I've never had problems w/ it. The common one people use is Taraxatone, but that is designed to be a 10 day regimen. Xpel is a 5-day regimen, so you should be fine. Follow what it says on the bottle and you are good to go. You shouldn't experience much in the way of muscle cramping because Xpel has potassium & magnesium in it. I would only say that if you experienced any muscle cramping prior to starting it, then that would be just from the depletion process in general. It isn't really anythign to worry about - but it may happen. Sip your water as you need by the time you get to the show itself.

On show day, check w/ your trainer - I've had it recommended to keep some potato chips handy in case you do start getting muscle cramps or get dizzy. I really don't think you will experience this as figure isn't required to get nearly as ripped up as bodybuilding so you simply shouldn't be experiencing the extreme that I've had in the past and didn't really have trouble w/ . If you do feel dizzy or start cramping though, chew on a couple potato chips - the salt will help retain a little bit of water & balance your electrolytes if needed - but as I said - I really don't think you will encounter any problems. And run the above by your trainer -- at least ask for a back-up plan if you do experience any of these issues.

Thanks guys...
I'm going to keep using the pills until the day of the show. Thanks for the advice about the potato chips...who knew???
I'll let everybody know how I did and post pics.

Top Bottom