Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

walking on an empty stomach burn fat

missyd143

hey i dont like running and when i run i feel like im breaking down muscle tissue so i walk instead on an incline pretty fast..if i do this for 45 min can i burn fat along with me eating a low carbs diet ? like 50%-p 20%c 30%f....so will running oor walking be catobolic? or nno cardio

You tend to burn more fat (as opposed to muscle or fat) when you are at 60% and 80% of your MHR (Maximum Heart Rate).

I've read that "for best results, aerobic and fat burning, keep your heart rate in the Fat Burning Zone for at least 12 minutes because this is the amount of time needed for the body to start producing fat burning enzymes.

The idea is that you want to get your body to use fat for energy. After 12 minutes you start to burn fat at a higher rate. In general, if you train at the higher end of your MHR, you will burn more glycogen. Training at the lower end of your Training Zone for a longer period will allow the body to use your fat reserves for energy, thus burning fat.

So if you're heart rate is in that target range and you're on the machine for 45 mins ... you're laughing! :D

WEIGHT TRAINING is what is important...it is what creates the lean tissue..not cardio..cardio is great as a last resort..shed some extra calories etc..I decided to cut back on cardio..doing only 2-3 days a week..tops..will add cardio as I get closer to a show..gives me something to work w/ later instead of using diet, and cardio all at once...you can get fairly lean on diet alone..then add your cardio when you stop losing bf etc....its like playing cards...save your Big ones till ya really need em.

Originally posted by New@gettinbig WEIGHT TRAINING is what is important

Sorry new@,
wasn't insinuating that you don't do weights ... I was just saying that if you are going to do cardio and you choose to walk instead of run, then you still burn fat...

Gladiola,
Are you hunting for trolls?

My Opinon

Ok firstly if you want to loose body fat then it is preffered if you do your cardio/aerobic training first thing in the morning when you wake up preferebaly on an empty stomach. If you can t do this then try this instead. After your meal wait at least hours before doing your cardio training in order to burn more fat.

I know this may sound wierd but i tried the not eating for 3 hours before cardio method and wasnt week at all, after my workout though I ate a portion of proteins and a portion of carbohydrates and felt great.

BTW: Drink lots of water during your workout this keeps the hunger substitued for a while

Good Luck :)

Re: My Opinon

BatZgirl said:
Ok firstly if you want to loose body fat then it is preffered if you do your cardio/aerobic training first thing in the morning when you wake up preferebaly on an empty stomach. If you can t do this then try this instead. After your meal wait at least hours before doing your cardio training in order to burn more fat.

Good Luck :)

Batz...

How many hours?

Thanks!

Wyst

Re: Re: My Opinon

wyst said:

Batz...

How many hours?

Thanks!

Wyst

Hey Wyst

Sorry about,
Ok so when youve finished eating your meal wait at least 3 hours before training this helps burn more fat :)

Top Bottom