Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

vegan protein effectiveness

allison_fit

I'm a vegetarian women looking to gain some mass with the proper training, I would like to know if vegan protein is as effectives as regular protein , if it's not I'm willing to try whey or other type of protein as long as I get results, thank you.

There are some good vegan proteins out there but you have to get used to them. A lot of them will have carbs too so make sure you read labels. Stay away from soy though. Look at a pea or hemp based product.

The problem with vegan protein powders is that they have a much lower bioavailability then animal based proteins like dairy. Basically, your body doesn't absorb it very well.

The gold standard is a good quality whey isolate. Human breast milk is 80% whey protein. Whey protein has an amino acid profile that is pretty much perfect for humans.

You can read up on whey protein isolates more here -> https://www.evolutionary.org/whey-protein-isolate/

Top Bottom