Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

UTI problems

~peaches~ said:
Glad you are feeling some relief, you might be allergic to pads, my sister is, so it is common.
hmmm never thought bout that
who knows tho :heart: thanks

Ok the results are in
and it isnt good
I went to a urologist yesterday after having a cat scan with barium and all that yucky stuff
I have a fistula, between my bladder and small intestines caused by my crohns disease and the fistula is causing my intestines to "communicate" and feed bacteria to my bladder
I actually saw my bladder yesterday, that was so weird but neat
although i didnt like what i saw, it was interesting
So, the next step is to see how big the fistula is, if it is big, i will need surgery to resect my small intestines(removal of a portion) (big surgery) and if its small (please pray it is small) they will treat it with meds, omg i hope its small, i have always known that surgery is a possibility with crohns disease but too soon. I just turned 37 and im falling apart
ugh

Ah shit Klu :rose:

On the plus side, at least you have an answer.

I have a good friend IRL who had constant problems with UTIs, turns out hers were related to a fibroid and she's going for surgery and a potential partial hysterectomy next month.

Man getting old is a bitch, ain't it *sigh* And I really wish someone would explain to me why it all seems to start going haywire below the belt :rolleyes:

Crohn's is such a bitch, my husband's ex has it. Definitely stress makes things worse ... she actually got healthier when she divorced my husband :FRlol:

You know some people have had good luck treating inflammatory bowel disease (Crohn's, colitis, etc.) with the Specific Carbohydrate Diet. I know doctors say diet has nothing to do with it, but they don't know everything. You might want to think about checking it out someday, there's tons of sites on the web, you just literally search "Specific Carbohydrate Diet" it's also called the SCD diet.

*hugs*

musclemom said:
Ah shit Klu :rose:

On the plus side, at least you have an answer.

I have a good friend IRL who had constant problems with UTIs, turns out hers were related to a fibroid and she's going for surgery and a potential partial hysterectomy next month.

Man getting old is a bitch, ain't it *sigh* And I really wish someone would explain to me why it all seems to start going haywire below the belt :rolleyes:

Crohn's is such a bitch, my husband's ex has it. Definitely stress makes things worse ... she actually got healthier when she divorced my husband :FRlol:

You know some people have had good luck treating inflammatory bowel disease (Crohn's, colitis, etc.) with the Specific Carbohydrate Diet. I know doctors say diet has nothing to do with it, but they don't know everything. You might want to think about checking it out someday, there's tons of sites on the web, you just literally search "Specific Carbohydrate Diet" it's also called the SCD diet.

*hugs*
have i told you lately that i Love you?:) your a doll. Im on a basically bland diet right now ugh(ok so im not sticking to it like planned)
im having major issues with all my stomach right now, i wish we could live without intestines but sadly i dont think a bag would be too sexy lol
and as of right now my period is late, my periods are messed up totally right now
either every 3 weeks or every 5 weeks
and its getting old too, my mom says im pre menopausal
oh goodey, hot flashes in the middle of bladder infections and crohns disease
ha

Hmm, Everything I want to mention has already been mentioned by everyone....

I found a good site about it

http://hcd2.bupa.co.uk/fact_sheets/Mosby_factsheets/Urinary_tract_infection.html

This is a good read about the medicines..

UTI is normally treated with an antibiotic. Generally, an antibiotic is prescribed as soon as a UTI is diagnosed, without waiting for the results of a urine 'culture' test. A five-day course of tablets is usually given, but sometimes a single large dose is used. Symptoms usually start to improve within 24 hours, but the full course of antibiotics prescribed should be taken to ensure the infection is cleared up completely.

Occasionally, the 'culture' test result may make it necessary to change to a different antibiotic. Nephritis generally requires hospital admission, where antibiotics will be given by drip into a vein. Some people with recurrent UTIs need to take continuous low doses of antibiotics.

Hope it goes away...

I don't know to much but I can tell you what I do know my mother had a problem with ongoing UTI's and when dr's would treatment with antiboitics in the long run she becam anti-boitic immune. What I do know sometimes UTI's could be heredity I suffer from them my 3 year old also gets them. People always tell me drink lots of cranberry juice. Another thing I use to get them more freuquent when I had an IUD for birth control so it got to the point where it had to come out. Anywyas I thought I'd share what I do know :)

Update on my uti problem
Had surgery august 24th. he got rid of the fistula that had grown into my bladder from my small intestines and my colon. Got rid of alot of scar tissue and took about 8 inches or so from my ilieum, also took my appendix.
had like 16 staples in my stomach, had 2 bags of blood transfusion because i lost alot of blood during surgery, got sick 3 days after surgery, wore a cathater almost 3 weeks after surgery and spent a week in the hospital but had awesome, and i mean AWESOME nurses
but now, 3 weeks after surgery, my urine is as clear as day and it doesnt hurt to pee
and its awesome
granted 2 days after surgery while i was in the midst of pushing my morphine button every 6 minutes, i was thinking.... i wish i had never had this surgery.......but now omg its awesome how it. i go pee just to feel it not hurt
:):):)

Top Bottom