Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Urethra spasms.... UTI???

gypsy

Have any of you experienced this? I seem to be prone to recurrent UTI's (god, it sucks) but I've never had the spasms before. It's driving me crazy! It's like, every second my urethra feels like its contracting. I'm a little freaked that it could be a symptom of kidney stones.... but who knows.

Hi Gypsy!! OT -- I'm in Delaware too!! Nice to have a fellow DE person here!! Where in DE are ya?

Have you had your sexual partner treated (if you have one)?? I know that without that you can keep getting your UTI back & that is awful, I've had that b4.....plus make sure you pee after sex, it does help a little.

I can't remember me having spasms before with a UTI but the pressure was ungodly. Did you make an appt with your dr??

Hey Jenscat - I'm in Wilmington, where are you? It's so small here, I've probably seen you at some point :) I haven't went to the doctor, I had one left over antibiotic that seems to have helped a little for now - but I had no idea that my partner would have to get treated. I never used to have this problem, now I get them from sex, or even from drinking too much alcohol. It's the most uncomfortable feeling in the world, I might make an appointment today and ask the doc about my boyfriend getting treated too. I just got freaked out cause I've never felt the spasms, and feared it was a kidney stone....which in turn I wondered if I could develop a stone from too much protein or calcium supplements.

You might want to try adding a good probiotic to your diet - especially if you've been taking antibiotics lately. If you're getting recurrent infections, there must be something systemically wrong. Sometimes, we get in a cycle of using antibiotics (which wipe out ALL bateria - good and bad). After things seem to clear up, the beneficial bacteria, which have been wiped out, might need some help in reestablishing - hence the probiotics. Also, do you drink a lot of water? You really need to drink a lot of water if you are getting UTIs. Caffeine will cause spasms/cramping if you're getting an infection. One last thought, you can try buying cranberry pills (health food store). The juice has too much sugar in it. The concentrated pills are much better. Take the higher end of the dose initially and then taper off. They work.
Hope some of this may help!
Tara

gypsy said:
Hey Jenscat - I'm in Wilmington, where are you? It's so small here, I've probably seen you at some point :) I haven't went to the doctor, I had one left over antibiotic that seems to have helped a little for now - but I had no idea that my partner would have to get treated. I never used to have this problem, now I get them from sex, or even from drinking too much alcohol. It's the most uncomfortable feeling in the world, I might make an appointment today and ask the doc about my boyfriend getting treated too. I just got freaked out cause I've never felt the spasms, and feared it was a kidney stone....which in turn I wondered if I could develop a stone from too much protein or calcium supplements.

I'm in Wilmington too, live in the city.............where do you work out? I'm at Pump Fitness behind the Grotto's on PA Ave....

I used to get UTI's often with a particular boyfriend.....the man can have the bacteria on his penis & may not have any symptoms like we do......so may never know he has a UTI (same goes for yeast infections) :worried:

When you see your Dr. ask for both to be treated at the same time & use condoms till you finish your treatment......also Tneuf's post about cranberry will help too.......I've never had a kidney stone but UTI's are awful.....

This is helpful. I do drink 1 gallon of water per day, but one cup of something caffeinated in the morning. I didn't want to drink cranberry juice because of the sugar, but was unsure about the pills. If you guys say they work, I'll try 'em. As far as a probiotic goes - I have some acidophillus pills at home, will this do the trick? I made an appointment for Friday morning, hopefully this won't kill me before then. Usually the come on so fast, but I've managed to stave this one off a bit with that one antiobiotic.

Jen - I don't go to a gym, I have a pretty decent gym where I work so I use that everyday. It's free - which is always a nice thing. I just looked at your gallery, you don't look familiar which is surprising!

The acidophilus is great. Don't bother taking it if you go on antibiotics. Wait until you're done and then take them to boost your good flora back up. I've never had to use the antibiotics when I used all the stuff I mentioned above. Hopefully, it works for you too. UTIs are horrible!

Top Bottom