Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Ummm.. yucky question

Jacqueline747

How Many Times A Week Do You Poop?

How many times a week do you poop a week? I haven't gone since Saturday. I have never really been an everyday type of person but this is getting ridiculous. I drank some Senna tea last night so we'll see how it goes. I've done everything from CKD, just raw fruits and veggies and a Body for Life diet and it's usually always the same. MAYBE 1 or 2 times a week and normally only on Saturdays.. my cheat day!!
I eat tons of Romaine lettuce, spinach, celery and cucumbers so I know fibre isn't an issue. I also drink at least 4.5Litres of water a day.
Another weird thing... I got my TOM 2 times this month... 15 days apart.
I've also tried Senna-S as per my doctor. I had to like double dose for 2 days for anything to happen.

Thanks and.. ummm... sorry?

Jacqueline747 said:
How many times a week do you poop a week? I haven't gone since Saturday. I have never really been an everyday type of person but this is getting ridiculous. I drank some Senna tea last night so we'll see how it goes. I've done everything from CKD, just raw fruits and veggies and a Body for Life diet and it's usually always the same. MAYBE 1 or 2 times a week and normally only on Saturdays.. my cheat day!!
I eat tons of Romaine lettuce, spinach, celery and cucumbers so I know fibre isn't an issue. I also drink at least 4.5Litres of water a day.
Another weird thing... I got my TOM 2 times this month... 15 days apart.
I've also tried Senna-S as per my doctor. I had to like double dose for 2 days for anything to happen.

Thanks and.. ummm... sorry?
Have you tried strong coffee??

Darlin - doenst seem like you ar getting enough fiber......and I dont care what the "normal" recommended amount is....doesnt mean its "normal" for you.

The cheat day correlation makes sense.

T has a good point about strong coffee...

Well everyone is different - but it looks like this "issue" isn't normal for you......do you track your foods via a free site like www.fitday.com?? Cuz fitday tracks your fiber for you - you should be getting 25-35g of fiber per day....so you probably aren't getting enough.....

BTW - romaine lettuce, celery & cucumbers don't have a lot of fiber.... 1 cup of cucumber has only 1 g of fiber, it takes 1 whole cup of celery to = 2 g of fiber, and 1 cup of romaine has only 1 g of fiber also.....

having your period twice might also have something to do with it. The hormonal cycle actually has lots to do with regularity. The two may be related. I would try some pysllium first, and then if that doesn't work I would go to the doctor.

Maybe you should try a good colon cleanse. Also, ground flax seeds are really high in fiber. They work well for me...and you also may want to make sure you're getting enough good fats..that can have an effect too.

My dear girl, you should go at least once a DAY, at worst occasionally skipping a day. NOT once a week, that is cruising for bowel problems as you mature.

What you are experiencing is known, politely, as slow bowel motility. It can be caused by a couple of things, but I honestly don't think your problem is lack of fiber. If you eat a couple of cups of steamed or raw veggies a day and at least one good sized salad (1 or 2 cups of lettuce) at least every other day you should be quite adequately fibered up. Frankly, if laxatives aren't doing anything for you unless you double the dose, you have something else going on ... and BTW, just because senna is natural does NOT mean it's NOT addictive .. you're treading on dangerously thin ice with regard to laxatives.

Unless you have a seriously shy colon, like if the time you go on Saturday is when you would normally be at work, while I've heard of that I can't imagine your body not eventually shifting itself to a later schedule ...

I have only discovered ONE thing that causes true low motility, gluten intolerance (although I suspect any low grade food allergy/intolerance would do it). Basically what happens is the natural parastolsis that moves the material through the digestive track is halted by exposure to what the body perceives as a toxin (which is why laxatives aren't really helping). Medicine is totally hopeless when it comes to diagnosing intolerance versus true allergy, because there IS no true empiric test for it, which is why doctors are next to useless when it comes to diagnosing this stuff.

You have something going on with you girl, particularly when taking into consideration the double periods (assuming you aren't on chemical birth control, if that's the case then it's a whole different set of issues). You look like you're a relatively young woman from your avatar.

Anyway, if you want to pursue this, you need to METICULOUSLY record every bite and sip that goes into your mouth for AT LEAST two weeks. In addition you need to track your bowel habits, things like headaches and heartburn if you ever get those problems, and when you get your period and for how long it lasts ...

BTW, do you get frequent yeast infections, bladder infections, or unexplainable skin rashes?

Adding pysllium can make it worse, because once inside your intestines it expands 40 times it's size, and if she has a blockage somewhere, which sounds like could be possible it's going to make the problem worse.

MM is a smart woman, take her advice. And good luck!

Fats are a huge issue that gets overlooked in this dept... MM has a valid set of points, you need to suss out the physiological/enviromental possibilities... and Miss24k has a good point about the psyllium: dont eat a pile of any non nutrient dense cellulose fiber at one sitting, its not about how much, but how 'regularly' you add non dietary fiber to your diet, a little goes a long way...

musclemom said:
My dear girl, you should go at least once a DAY, at worst occasionally skipping a day. NOT once a week, that is cruising for bowel problems as you mature.

What you are experiencing is known, politely, as slow bowel motility. It can be caused by a couple of things, but I honestly don't think your problem is lack of fiber. If you eat a couple of cups of steamed or raw veggies a day and at least one good sized salad (1 or 2 cups of lettuce) at least every other day you should be quite adequately fibered up. Frankly, if laxatives aren't doing anything for you unless you double the dose, you have something else going on ... and BTW, just because senna is natural does NOT mean it's NOT addictive .. you're treading on dangerously thin ice with regard to laxatives.

Unless you have a seriously shy colon, like if the time you go on Saturday is when you would normally be at work, while I've heard of that I can't imagine your body not eventually shifting itself to a later schedule ...

I have only discovered ONE thing that causes true low motility, gluten intolerance (although I suspect any low grade food allergy/intolerance would do it). Basically what happens is the natural parastolsis that moves the material through the digestive track is halted by exposure to what the body perceives as a toxin (which is why laxatives aren't really helping). Medicine is totally hopeless when it comes to diagnosing intolerance versus true allergy, because there IS no true empiric test for it, which is why doctors are next to useless when it comes to diagnosing this stuff.

You have something going on with you girl, particularly when taking into consideration the double periods (assuming you aren't on chemical birth control, if that's the case then it's a whole different set of issues). You look like you're a relatively young woman from your avatar.

Anyway, if you want to pursue this, you need to METICULOUSLY record every bite and sip that goes into your mouth for AT LEAST two weeks. In addition you need to track your bowel habits, things like headaches and heartburn if you ever get those problems, and when you get your period and for how long it lasts ...

BTW, do you get frequent yeast infections, bladder infections, or unexplainable skin rashes?

Once again - an EXCELLENT post by MM... :rose:

Top Bottom