Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Try latex gloves instead of traditional training gloves.

RottenWillow

Plat Hero
Platinum
My bf and dad are doing some major car tuning and we bought a big box of plain old latex gloves that they aparrently sell in all auto parts stores.

I tried wearing a pair while training and could not believe the grip they provided!
:shocked:
I've always shunned training gloves as I hate the loss of feel for the bar and it seems like they impair grip as well. Going bare hand though over time roughens up the skin a lot, which is antithetical to being girlie la feminine.

Cant say this enough....the grip is phenominal. My pull down went up two reps due to the substantial increase in grip.

A box of 50 was about $4 at the local chain auto parts store.

Thanks for the heads up Willow....... Im gonna try that on dl day this week. ;)

Wouldn't your hands get sweaty inside the gloves and then start slipping? Or at least start feeling clammy? I suppose you could throw some baby powder in the gloves...

Sassy69 said:
Wouldn't your hands get sweaty inside the gloves and then start slipping? Or at least start feeling clammy? I suppose you could throw some baby powder in the gloves...

I suppose they could conceivably become so sweaty the gloves might start to slip a little, but I didnt experience that even though my hands did start to perspire a little. I'm telling you....the grip was amazing! My hands felt superglued to the bar.

I never in a million years would have thought of that! But I bet it does feel good. The thing I'm not keen on with regular lifting gloves is that they always seem to pinch part of my palm. That's pretty nifty. :)

Its actually a really insightful idea! I laughed because I just bought a 100 - glove box at home depot because they are so great for stuff like gardening and painting. Anything messy.

My hands sweat like the dickens in latex gloves...... So much that the sweat will run down my arm when I'm wearing them for home projects..... Good idea, but they won't work for me......Plus I have a sensitivity to latex.... Shame, I'll bet the grip is amazing too!

Sassy69 said:

I waer latex gloves all day in the lab...yes they will sweat and then slip on the hand

jenscats5 said:
My hands sweat like the dickens in latex gloves...... So much that the sweat will run down my arm when I'm wearing them for home projects..... Good idea, but they won't work for me......Plus I have a sensitivity to latex.... Shame, I'll bet the grip is amazing too!

takes a while for that much sweat to build up though and you wont be wearing them long enough for that to become a problem. Deads, pulldowns, rows, then take 'em off. If neccessary you could take them off between exercises to allow the sweat to evaporate or smooth a little baby powder on your hands to extend the amount of time you can wear 'em before the sweat becomes a problem.

http://mortuary.ferno.com.au/produc...products_id=787

http://www.med-worldwide.com/product405.html

couple of sources thanks to MS for higher quality, more durable gloves.

Last edited:
RottenWillow said:
takes a while for that much sweat to build up though and you wont be wearing them long enough for that to become a problem. Deads, pulldowns, rows, then take 'em off. If neccessary you could take them off between exercises to allow the sweat to evaporate or smooth a little baby powder on your hands to extend the amount of time you can wear 'em before the sweat becomes a problem.

http://mortuary.ferno.com.au/produc...products_id=787

http://www.med-worldwide.com/product405.html

couple of sources thanks to MS for higher quality, more durable gloves.

Good idea........

Top Bottom