Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

TriMojo's Quest for Muscle Log

trimojo said:
Thanks for the help, Sassy! The article made a lot of sense. :heart:

On Monday, I'll start the 5-8 reps. I definitely will be increasing all my weights then.

How long does one normally stick with a lifting routine? Eight weeks?
I would say as long as you don't get bored and are seeing results...
I have to add things here and there b/c I am in constant need of change, BUT I will say that 4-6 weeks is a good general guideline, after that you can assess your workout and decide to stay with it, change it up etc... I think 8 weeks would be the MAX I would run it for though.

Now throw ALL that out the window if you are doing some type of HST (Hypertrophy-Specific Training) Program, I think that usually changes rep ranges every ~ 2 weeks, or other program designed for you.

Good orning Tri!
AY that husband of yours!!! He thought you wanted a "setsy" pic and He did just that...I agree that at that angle it makes it look larger, it's like the poses many models/photographers use...bend over and skin does not sag...or gravity does not take it's toll...at list it gets frozen on pic.
Try taking one on the side, or standing up that gets back/waist/tush/ hammies...Those are the flat out truth!!!

Took Saturday and Sunday off. It felt really weird. I have been going on 2-4 hour bike rides every Saturday and long runs 1-2 hours every Sunday. I started my period Saturday and it rained all Sunday so I wasn't completely racked with guilt. I felt kinda crappy and it looked miserable outside anyway.

I felt great training today though! I was ready to work and sang with the radio the entire drive to the gym. :) Must be the cardio breeze.

40 min. HIIT cardio and then chest and triceps work. I went up 5-10 pounds on every exercise and did only 6-8 reps.

Then, I went and got acrylic nails. Since my season is over, I can have some "pretty girl" things done. I don't have to worry about stabbing someone during the swim or popping a hole in my wetsuit. I'm not milking any of the goats now either. It seems like the perfect time for nice nails.

I keep looking at my hands like they are "The Thing". Are they really mine?

They feel weird too. I can't type very well yet.

How about even trying to put a wetsuit on with nails!! Enjoy the change for awhile! You deserve it!

Yay, you deserve the girly things, Trimojo! And I think you've got a great behind!

I will say not to worry about how it appears in the pic, the closer a subject gets to a standard lens (I'm assuming it was something like a 50mm) the more it distorts or 'fisheyes' the image causing it to curve and fan out to the sides of the frame. As the ladies said, your back has a very nice shape!:)

florencia said:
I know what you mean with the nails! It happens to me too...wetsuit vs. washing dishes...:evil:

Been a busy week! Got my lifting in though. I cut back on reps and increased all weight this week. I also tried some new exercises. Squat jumps and front squats. The front squats hurt my shoulders a little bit from the bar, I wasn't really comfortable holding it. The jump squats really burned, I liked it. :evil:

And finally some true booty shots, just for Florencia. I promised by Friday! I cannot believe I am posting these, triathlete trauma. My booty has always been my worse enemy after the age of 14. I carry most of my weight in my hips. I've got some german child-bearing hips/thighs. I'd probably be a fertile myrtle.

Any help or critism on my butt is fine. I need all the help I can get. Oh yeah, see my pretty fingernails?
bootyside.jpg

bootyback.jpg

Hey hey hey Tri!!! No squishy fat there!!!!! Great shots...say hello to husband, he's sweet to help! Good night!

I went on a 30 mile bike ride today with another cyclist. It was a great ride, beautiful fall colors but very windy. I haven't gone on a bike ride since my last race three weeks ago. Oddly, I was climbing hills on average 1 mph faster than I was three weeks ago. The guy I was riding with asked me to pull him up the last two hills. ;)

Must be all this weight training, huh?

trimojo said:
I went on a 30 mile bike ride today with another cyclist. It was a great ride, beautiful fall colors but very windy. I haven't gone on a bike ride since my last race three weeks ago. Oddly, I was climbing hills on average 1 mph faster than I was three weeks ago. The guy I was riding with asked me to pull him up the last two hills. ;)

Must be all this weight training, huh?
Great!!!! I think it was multi-factor...a bit of rest helps, kind of like tapering, and weights do help, I think Mostly you are not tired. :qt:

Top Bottom