Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

The Transformation continues !

Re: 84 Days...T Contest Log

Friday, March 18

I want to start by telling you all that I have been trying for 2 days to find the most appropriate words for this post. There doesn’t seem to be any.

Some things have transpired, over this last week, that have left me in a dilemma and at a real crossroads. It reminds me of the poem by Robert Frost – The Road Not Taken….Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both….

I have decided that I will be withdrawing from the contest. It is with very mixed emotions that I share this decision. Out of respect for my fellow competitors, as well as for myself, I am choosing not to make public the reasons why I have come to this decision. I have spent the last day or so contacting those of you who have really supported me from day one and you already know. If I have missed anyone in that list, I apologize, and would gladly discuss it privately.

I just want you all to know that this, by no means, is a reflection on my commitment to continue dieting or training. It will be easy to assume I’m quitting. In fact, it’s quite the opposite. If there’s one thing my time in this contest has given me, it’s a renewed love of training and working toward a goal. I really have worked myself out of the training and dieting rut that I was stuck in for a long time. My weight has finally started dropping and I have been able to maintain some consistency for a period of time. I will be back on stage sometime in the future and this has been a great way to jump start that. I am withdrawing because it is the right thing to do, given the situation, and I need to preserve my own integrity and esteem.

Let me finish this by saying a true and sincere thank you to all of you who have supported me and followed my log. I have gained some real friends out of this experience and I am humbled by the support you each have given me. I may continue to log my progress as I’ve had fun with that part of this.

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I –
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.
- Robert Frost

Thanks for letting us know Roxy.
I sincerly hope the very best for you.
Best regards,
Zed

Saturday, March 19

I'm working on getting my log name changed but I'm going to keep logging my progress. It's still the same game...just on a different playing field now. :)

Today was an off day of lifting for me but...I decided to face my evil nemesis...the river valley stairs. It was not any easier! I still thought my lungs were going to jump out of my throat. I dragged my son along and he could have easily doubled what I did. I don't think he even started breathing heavy. I did the 4 sets of stairs and am home with jello legs now.

Everything else is status quo.

I went to see the movie Paul last night. It's pretty funny if you like that type of humor. :)

I just saw the message you left me. I just hope you're ok T. Seriously, let me know if you need anything. You can always send me your primo :):) If ya want Hahaha

Sunday, March 20

I had a kick ass workout today! I trained legs. I've gone back to the Max OT training formula but using some of the compound lifts that Zed got me doing. I'm still cutting and at a lower carb level so wanted to lower volume slightly but keep my lifts relatively heavy.

Started with 10 mins of warm up intervals on the treadmill. 2 mins walking, 2 mins jogging - incline 3, HR 150.

Leg Press
no weight - 20
90 - 10
180 - 6
270 - 3
270 - 5
270 - 4
270 - 6
*I supersetted with calf raises...same number of sets, same weight, each set 10.

Squats
90 - 8
140 - 6
140 - 6

Seated Leg Curls
90 - 10
120 - 6
120 - 6

SLDL
90 - 8
90 - 6
90 - 6

Donkee Calf Raises
3 sets of 12 at 260 lbs

I finished with what I like to call cardio therapy. I did 30 mins of low intensity cardio on the treadmill with a good friend. He will be competing at the North American's this year and then the Canadian Nationals. It was great to debrief and just talk about my life lately, training, dieting and all the challenges that come with contest prep lifestyles with someone who is at that level. I felt renewed and even more more motivated to keep going with my personal transformation.

I've been thinking about goals and am going to finish out the 12 week cut, as originally planned, and then decide from there. I am not sure I'm ready to put stage prep back on the table and may keep working towards dropping fat but keeping a healthy balance in my life. I can compete in October or not until next June so we'll see how things progress. I'll probably do a one week diet break and then start cutting again. I've done more socializing this weekend then I have in the last 2 months and it's felt pretty good. I'm pretty sure I have spring fever (even though it freakin snowed here again today) and I want to be out having some fun too. :)

Thanks, Radar, for changing the title for me. Much appreciated!

I just saw the message you left me. I just hope you're ok T. Seriously, let me know if you need anything. You can always send me your primo :):) If ya want Hahaha

Thanks for the note Rick!

I may have a taker for the primo already but it not...I'll let ya know. :)

Last edited:
Monday, March 21

"Oh, the weather outside is frightful..." LOL..Seriously though...again with the snow?!? Cars in the ditch, blowing snow and all that good stuff! It never ends! It's no wonder we drink so much up here! Geez!

On that note, I did not get up for morning cardio this morning. It was one of those nights where I'm sure I saw every hour on the clock and I could hear the wind blowing and it seemed much easier to reset the clock.

I was on a timeline tonight but got into the gym for a chest/ abs workout.

Bench Press
bar - 20
20 - 10
40 - 6
50 - 4
50 - 6
50 - 5
50 - 5

Did leg raises in between each set of bench press. Butt at the edge of the bench. 7 sets of 10.

Incline DB Press
25 - 10
30 - 6
35 - 4

Dips
Got 5 unassisted
3 sets of 8 assisted

I'm gonna be sore! My chest/ arms were shaky.

Finished with just 10 mins of cardio...my usual intervals on the treadmill.

I've had a couple of comments recently on how I look like I've lost weight. I have varying sizes of gym clothes and I'm just about ready to put the "fat" pair away because I can't pull the string any tighter and I just about lost them tonight in the gym. My gym is very multi cultural and there is a large population of guys from the Philippines there. A few of them always chat with me about my training, diet and tonight one of them, in his broken English, told me I looked "less fat". I must have given him a funny look because then he said.."I mean you're losing body fat". LOL Hey man..I'll take it! Anything that involves less fat is working for me! :)

Good updates my gurl and thanks for keeping up your log on here.
Very good gains in your workouts too. Just be careful on those stairs with your sciatic thingy!
LOL on the less fat philippino comment. Gotta love the Philippinos!
Best regards and good luck in your venture!

Hey Roxy... How's everything going? I have been flat out but seen your recent posts and I hope everything is ok...
PM if you ever need girly talk

Top Bottom