Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

trainin for petite woman

troublesome

hi ladies, hopin u can help me, my GF is bout 27 yrs old, 99 lbs, 5'3, needless to say very petite bf % unknown but by looking id say 5% if that. anyway she wants to go to the gym with me and have me help her only thing is im not sure the best way to go about it, any help would be apprctd as far as routine obviously min cardio she wants to build some muscle, any ideas or links to routines for the petite would be greatly apprctd. thanks in advance

Not really sure what it means "petite"... I can show you a female pro who is 4'11" who trains like most guy pros do....

Given her height & weight, talking either or both, very small frame, not much muscle, not much fat but possibly skinnyfat?

Just like anyone else - eat for your goals - its not just about "losing bodyfat" for someone as light as she is for her height - probably more about building some muscle mass. Setting up a diet that provides enough protein to build muscle and enough carbs to fuel training goals. In her case, the total cals can probably be a decent amount if she has a "fast metabolism". But the point is that if she wants to lift, then she needs to fuel to have the energy to lift. If she is new to lifting and needs to build up some strength, again it won't happen if the diet doesn't fuel for it. Then just train as you do but w/ weight that she can lift w/ tight form - the amount of weight is not that important but don't skimp on it "cuz she's petite" or "cuz she's a girl". If its easier to work on the cables or machines that's fine as well.

Generally speaking, the Shadow Project listed in the stickies (can also find that link & more info in the "Are you new to EF Ladies' Board - START HERE"). I also like to recommend the BODY FOR LIFE book by Bill Philips for someone who is new to diet & training.

I'm petite (5'0ft tall) and I don't train any different that men do. Being petite doesn't change how 1 would train to obtain their goals.

I'm 5'1 , but i would not call myself petite, Right now I'm about 116-118 pounds , but I'm training with heavy weights and TRYING to get rid of some fat..

I do HIIT about 4-5 mornings a week and lifting heavy ( well... heavy for me!!!!)
about 4 evenings a week. right now am having a bit if difficulty with my goals, but really need to tweak my diet I think

I think this is one of the reasons so many women don't get the results they want because they think they have to do something so different to the men...

I would say make sure she is eating right and lifting heavy..

Miss24k said:
I'm petite (5'0ft tall) and I don't train any different that men do. Being petite doesn't change how 1 would train to obtain their goals.
I was waiting for you to reply, you would have been my powerhouse example :)
Great post Sassy ;)

troublesome said:
hi ladies, hopin u can help me, my GF is bout 27 yrs old, 99 lbs, 5'3, needless to say very petite bf % unknown but by looking id say 5% if that. anyway she wants to go to the gym with me and have me help her only thing is im not sure the best way to go about it, any help would be apprctd as far as routine obviously min cardio she wants to build some muscle, any ideas or links to routines for the petite would be greatly apprctd. thanks in advance
That has to be a typo female BB rarely even get that low.

thanks for the advice, i hope i didnt come off wrong the wrong way thinkin training would be diff, but i just dont wanna hurt my baby :) :) thanks again oh & bf % was a typo sorry :p ... is there any particular shake you recommend shell only have one a day just to help with protein intake... shes a picky eater & im gettin her to eat more for our trainin but a shake would help... she likes "lean body" any suggs....

Not at all - but many people think there's a "special" way women should train compared to men for some reason. Two things that should go into training for anyone - 1) Lifting w/ focus on tight form before worrying about weights - the form is what will hit the right muscles and also protect you from injury, and 2) Lift to your body's capacity - going heavy enough that it is a challenge to make it to 8-12 reps w/ excellent form (i.e. no sloppy form, no jerking -- that will just get you over to a physical therapist for a $1000 treatment and a lifelong tendonitis problem), but also not too light that there's almost no reason to lift - many women go thru the motions of lifting 5 lb weights w/ tight form because they think they are "lifting" but are scared to death of becoming "big", but its really a complete waste because they aren't challenging their bodies to grow.

That is what will give your baby a strong and resiliant body!

Top Bottom