Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Tips & Tricks for a Fit Lifestyle

nycgirl

We have an Official Bitch Thread, a Strengths Thread and a Weakness Thread, so I decided to create a thread dedicated to the Tips and Tricks that help us every day get closer to our goals. Please add any tips and tricks you have re: cooking, lifting, clothes, dealing peer pressure, etc.

I taught myself (again) how to cook with water and eliminate unneccessary fat. I steam my meat and use their natural fat to brown them.

With regard to YES - do not throw away that little plastic thingy that is in between the pump and bottle!!

Clothes ..... lycra/spandex is your friend.
Manufacturers simply don't account for curves and muscle when they disgin clothes. Shirts without some stretch in them will pull across the lats and shoulders. Pants without stretch won't go over your thighs without some PULL and when they do, the waist is 3 inches too big.

Dieting/Resisting Urges
Makes sure all meals are prepared ahead of time. Take a couple hours at the beginning of the week (Sunday works well) and cook your meat, steam your veggies, chop your veggies, etc. This will save hours during the week. It will also cut down on last minute "I am too tired to make anything so I will stop for fast food" - the food is already made, just toss it in the microwave!

Desserts
SF Jello and FF Cool Whip are AWESOME!

Supplements
Don't take Thermorexin on an empty stomach. :)

Clothing
There is no reason to work out in dumpy, ugly T-shirts & sweat pants. And Cotton clothing is not good to wear when working out anyway.

Keep an eye on the Clearance rack of your local sporting good store (Dick's, Sports Authority, etc). Having the proper clothing (it's equipment!!) will make your workout better, you will feel better, and why not look good too??

Food
This will require a bit of an investment, but if you have the space, DO IT!! Purchase a chest or stand alone freezer. A large freezer will allow you to cook meals in advance & freeze them, so you can pop them in the microwave. Also, you can buy bags of frozen veggies from Costco & the grocery store (when on sale) & always be able to have steamed veggies as a quick side dish.

Broths, certain fruit juices & spices are your friend. Always have chicken & veggie broths (in the tetra packs) on hand, along with a variety of spices & Lemon/Lime juices (bottled or fresh) on hand.

A crock pot can allow you to cook meals in advance too & is less hands on.

Healthy food does NOT have to be boring!!

Take a calcium supplement.

MAKE your training & stuff fit into your lifestyle. You can start out & get totally into it, but after a while you will get sick of the regimen & want a break. Don't be afraid to take the break or else relax it a little and be sure to strike a balance with work, training, social life, other interests. Over the long run, the balance is critical to life satisifaction.

Adjust your goals as you meet them. You cannot forever pursue a 12% bf as your goal. Once you've achieved a maintainable body then look for goals that can be reached by playing with your training, your diet, your cardio, go for more strength (but you may have to accept that you will gain more fat with it, then cut later), bigger shoulders, tighter butt, whatever. Learn different ways to manipulate your results and how your body reacts to them. Reminder - you don't always have to lift heavy to get results....

Supps: Loving: dietex, prenatal vitamins, Cardio Breeze.

Cleanse diet: if you've been following a slightly restricted diet for a 6+ months, i.e. no fruit & colorful veggies, I *HIGHLY* recommend doing a cleanse for a week or two to clean out the refuse.

jenscats5 said:
Take a calcium supplement.

Don't ask me why.
But this is the first thing that popped into my head.

Wear sunscreen.

If I could offer you only one tip for the future, sunscreen would be it. The long-term benefits of sunscreen have been proved by scientists, whereas the rest of my advice has no basis more reliable than my own meandering experience. I will dispense this advice now.

Enjoy the power and beauty of your youth. Oh, never mind. You will not understand the power and beauty of your youth until they've faded. But trust me, in 20 years, you'll look back at photos of yourself and recall in a way you can't grasp now how much possibility lay before you and how fabulous you really looked. You are not as fat as you imagine.
Don't worry about the future. Or worry, but know that worrying is as effective as trying to solve an algebra equation by chewing bubble gum. The real troubles in your life are apt to be things that never crossed your worried mind, the kind that blindside you at 4 p.m. on some idle Tuesday.

Do one thing every day that scares you.

Sing.

Don't be reckless with other people's hearts. Don't put up with people who are reckless with yours.

Floss.

Don't waste your time on jealousy. Sometimes you're ahead, sometimes you're behind. The race is long and, in the end, it's only with yourself.

Remember compliments you receive. Forget the insults. If you succeed in doing this, tell me how.

Keep your old love letters. Throw away your old bank statements.

Stretch.

Don't feel guilty if you don't know what you want to do with your life. The most interesting people I know didn't know at 22 what they wanted to do with their lives. Some of the most interesting 40-year-olds I know still don't.

Get plenty of calcium. Be kind to your knees. You'll miss them when they're gone.

Maybe you'll marry, maybe you won't. Maybe you'll have children, maybe you won't. Maybe you'll divorce at 40, maybe you'll dance the funky chicken on your 75th wedding anniversary. Whatever you do, don't congratulate yourself too much, or berate yourself either. Your choices are half chance. So are everybody else's.

Enjoy your body. Use it every way you can. Don't be afraid of it or of what other people think of it. It's the greatest instrument you'll ever own.

Dance, even if you have nowhere to do it but your living room.

Read the directions, even if you don't follow them.

Do not read beauty magazines. They will only make you feel ugly.

Get to know your parents. You never know when they'll be gone for good. Be nice to your siblings. They're your best link to your past and the people most likely to stick with you in the future.

Understand that friends come and go, but with a precious few you should hold on. Work hard to bridge the gaps in geography and lifestyle, because the older you get, the more you need the people who knew you when you were young.

Live in New York City once, but leave before it makes you hard. Live in Northern California once, but leave before it makes you soft. Travel.

Accept certain inalienable truths: Prices will rise. Politicians will philander. You, too, will get old. And when you do, you'll fantasize that when you were young, prices were reasonable, politicians were noble and children respected their elders.

Respect your elders.

Don't expect anyone else to support you. Maybe you have a trust fund. Maybe you'll have a wealthy spouse. But you never know when either one might run out.

Don't mess too much with your hair or by the time you're 40 it will look 85.

Be careful whose advice you buy, but be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia. Dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it's worth.

But trust me on the sunscreen.

by Mary Schmich

Last edited:
velvett said:
Enjoy the power and beauty of your youth. Oh, never mind. You will not understand the power and beauty of your youth until they've faded. But trust me, in 20 years, you'll look back at photos of yourself and recall in a way you can't grasp now how much possibility lay before you and how fabulous you really looked. You are not as fat as you imagine.

This is sooooo true!! So very true....

Thanks to everyone on their posts- kudos to you all! I really enjoyed reading them and they helped me to appreciate and meditate on many things in life. I really do need to stretch more, i don't do this enough and its so important when you train, even w/o training & cardio you still need to do it. I feel relaxed and limber afterwards. :)

1. Whenever you get a craving, brush your teeth. I dunno....works for me.

2. Wear sunscreen :)

3. Invest in great gym shoes/running or walking shoes

4. Find someone really good with eyebrow shaping. Great beauty tip.

5. Get enough sleep

6. Do SOMETHING for your soul every week.....take a homeless person food, go visit an elderly person in a nursing home with no family, take care of an AIDS patients pet while they are in the hospital (sometimes that is all the family they have), rescue an animal.

Great the most comfortable and funkiest running shoes you can find (I am currently sporting the orange spring nike shox) .........

littlemully said:
Great the most comfortable and funkiest running shoes you can find (I am currently sporting the orange spring nike shox) .........

I just got the Asics Nimbus & theyre about the most obnoxious pair of running shoes out there (neon green!).

My only tip is find a picture of the person you want to look like (for me- that Amy Fadhli) & tape it to your frig. It seems to help me get past the ice cream cravings & stay on track. good luck :)

Top Bottom