Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

THYROID test result

sasa

Hi girls,
I didn't been for while, but finnaly I have done my thyroid test, here is result, I don't understand it too much, because my doc send me this and I have to go there for consultation next week. so here it is.

Total T4 6L normal range 6.09-12.23 ug/dl
T3 Uptake 39.5 normal range 32.0-48.4 ug/dl
T7{FTI} 2.37 normal range 1.95-5.92
TSH 0.010L normal range 0.35-5.60 uIU/ml

so what you think? Am I hypo or hyper or normal???

thanks

sasa said:
Hi girls,
I didn't been for while, but finnaly I have done my thyroid test, here is result, I don't understand it too much, because my doc send me this and I have to go there for consultation next week. so here it is.

Total T4 6L normal range 6.09-12.23 ug/dl
T3 Uptake 39.5 normal range 32.0-48.4 ug/dl
T7{FTI} 2.37 normal range 1.95-5.92
TSH 0.010L normal range 0.35-5.60 uIU/ml

so what you think? Am I hypo or hyper or normal???

thanks
It appears that these two are off a little. However, I'm not a dr. so I have no idea what it means! lol

Sorry I couldn't be of much help.........:(

http://www.altsupportthyroid.org/tsh.php

http://www.endocrineweb.com/tests.html

according to those:

you Thyroid Stimulating Hormone is VERY low - sure you have the decimal in the correct place/correct units?

TSH = LOW

Everything else is normal/normal low - this probably means that you have subclinical hyperthyroidism - in other words it will most likely resolve on its own.

Interestingly - depression WILL lower TSH in the same way

the number is right..yes I know my TSH is LOW...but somebody else on thyroid forum wrote me that if I have LOW T4 + low TSH I'm HYPOTHY...so now I'm really confused!!!

My old test 3 month ago when I been on SYNTHROID 200mg + thyroid pills {comb t3/t4..something like armour} the results WAS

T4 12.3 normal 6.09-12.23
T3 45 normal 32.0-48.4
T7{FTI} 5.54 normal 1.95-5.92
TSH 0.025L normal 0.35-5.6

After this I slow down my dosage and now I'm currently takeing just combination t3/t4. and the results is UP!!!

So a search on google for low tsh and you wil see it is basically the same thing I replied

The Shadow said:
So a search on google for low tsh and you wil see it is basically the same thing I replied
The links I sent you explain this, sasa. :)

Well, low TSH and low T4 is not the same as normal/high TSH and low T4.

I will leave it at that.

I don't understand your answer much..what it meant? Am I hypo or hyper or normal? I'm confused!
thanks

The Shadow said:
according to those:

you Thyroid Stimulating Hormone is VERY low - sure you have the decimal in the correct place/correct units?

TSH = LOW

Everything else is normal/normal low - this probably means that you have subclinical hyperthyroidism - in other words it will most likely resolve on its own.

Interestingly - depression WILL lower TSH in the same way
Sasa....

"A low TSH result can indicate an overactive thyroid gland (hyperthyroidism)"

http://www.labtestsonline.org/understanding/analytes/tsh/test.html

He is saying you probably are HYPER not HYPO ... Did you call your doctor & ask them to explain it fully?

Also from that website:
A standard reference range is not available for this test. Because reference values are dependent on many factors, including patient age, gender, sample population, and test method, numeric test results have different meanings in different labs. Your lab report should include the specific reference range for your test. Lab Tests Online strongly recommends that you discuss your test results with your doctor.

sasaI don't understand your answer much..what it meant? Am I hypo or hyper or normal? I'm confused! thanks[/QUOTE said:
I think you should wait to talk to your doctor - you don't want to screw around with thyroid and a bunch of different answers from people.

The individual values have one meaning but a combination of values have another.

low TSH and low T4
AND
normal/high TSH and low T4

do not share the same diagnosis

Top Bottom