Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

THYROID test result

velvett said:
I think you should wait to talk to your doctor - you don't want to screw around with thyroid and a bunch of different answers from people.

The individual values have one meaning but a combination of values have another.

low TSH and low T4
AND
normal/high TSH and low T4

do not share the same diagnosis
It is very educational from a learning standpoint of those wanting to comprehend these values & what they mean, but Vel you are so right. This has turned is from you asking a question, now all confused because two people told you different things, etc... Take it to the Doctors office & let him/her explain it to you... in GREAT detail ... walk you through it so you understand ... then feel free to come back & fill us in :)

*Bunny* said:
It is very educational from a learning standpoint of those wanting to comprehend these values & what they mean, but Vel you are so right. This has turned is from you asking a question, now all confused because two people told you different things, etc... Take it to the Doctors office & let him/her explain it to you... in GREAT detail ... walk you through it so you understand ... then feel free to come back & fill us in :)

Unfortunately some doctors are real with it either - sometimes it's not the actual result but the interpretation of that result.

velvett said:
sasaI don't understand your answer much..what it meant? Am I hypo or hyper or normal? I'm confused! thanks[/QUOTE said:
I think you should wait to talk to your doctor - you don't want to screw around with thyroid and a bunch of different answers from people.

The individual values have one meaning but a combination of values have another.

low TSH and low T4
AND
normal/high TSH and low T4

do not share the same diagnosis

Exactly.......you cant JUST look at the stimulating hormone and make a diagnosing...because all the downstream factors paint the fine points whereas TSH and T-3 are the broad strokes.

Also - ask if Reverse T-3 was checked.

velvett said:
Unfortunately some doctors are real with it either - sometimes it's not the actual result but the interpretation of that result.
Don't the have insurance for that? ;)

I feel ya ...

Top Bottom