Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Thyroid issues

M

*MissFit*

I'm noticing alot of people seem to have problems..

Are yours overactive or underactive?

Personally... i have just been diagnoised with a overactive thyroid and have been told i have to get blood work every 2 months for the next little bit because if it goes over one more point i will have to be medicated.

I'm not sure about all this and was just wondering what types of problems others are experiencing with thier thyroids?

Underactive / Underfunctioning

I am medicated at this point, low dose. Only for about 1 week now. We are monitoring symptoms as well frequent bloodwork. I actually just went in form more bloodwork today - to check for disease in my Thyroid. Additionally, I have to set up an appt for an Ultrasound to check my Thyroid for tumors or growths. It appears I am going to have to get bloodwork about every 4-6 weeks. As well as go to the doc about every 6 weeks.

My Thyroid malfunction went COMEPLTELY unnoticed by me. It wasn't until routine bloodwork was done that we noticed there was a problem. In hindsight, the symptoms we discussed made sense, but I never put 2 and 2 together.

I think MANY people are too quick to blame their Thyroid for problems (i.e., weight gain). So many people who have problems losing weight say "it must be my thyroid is low" or "my thyroid is the reason my metabolism is slow". Most times, weight gain is due to overeating, not underfunctioning Thyroid.

haha i agreee.. i actually went in because i had gained a few pounds.. thought i was pregnant.. it came back negative but said hey we should check your thyroid.. to see if its underactive..

FUNNY FUNNY it comes back and its over active.. (turns out i was just retaining alot of water that week)

Daisy_Girl said:

I am medicated at this point, low dose. Only for about 1 week now. We are monitoring symptoms as well frequent bloodwork. I actually just went in form more bloodwork today - to check for disease in my Thyroid. Additionally, I have to set up an appt for an Ultrasound to check my Thyroid for tumors or growths. It appears I am going to have to get bloodwork about every 4-6 weeks. As well as go to the doc about every 6 weeks.

My Thyroid malfunction went COMEPLTELY unnoticed by me. It wasn't until routine bloodwork was done that we noticed there was a problem. In hindsight, the symptoms we discussed made sense, but I never put 2 and 2 together.

I think MANY people are too quick to blame their Thyroid for problems (i.e., weight gain). So many people who have problems losing weight say "it must be my thyroid is low" or "my thyroid is the reason my metabolism is slow". Most times, weight gain is due to overeating, not underfunctioning Thyroid.

Daisy_Girl said:

What kind of symptoms did you have?

My symptoms:
Often cold, especially extremeties
Very dry skin
Brittle hair and nails
Tough to maintain weight, it takes A LOT for me to maintain my weight. I gain weight easy, but so do many people. It goes *way* beyond that.
Fatigue, often extreme (often stress related, so it is hard to pin that only on Thyroid)
Ongoing low body temp, even while on Thermogenics / Caffeine (I took my waking morning temp EVERY morning for over a month, it is often below 97 degrees)
HEREDITY

I have an extensive family history of Thyroid issues (father, grandmother and brother). This, in combination with my numbers and my symptoms, made my doctor medicate me.

Since myn is overactive i have almsot the exact opposite symptoms.. and bring insomnia on top of that.. BAHHHH

Daisy_Girl said:
My symptoms:
Very dry skin
Brittle hair and nails
Tough to maintain weight, it takes A LOT for me to maintain my weight. I gain weight easy, but so do many people. It goes *way* beyond that.
Fatigue, often extreme (often stress related, so it is hard to pin that only on Thyroid)
Ongoing low body temp, even while on Thermogenics / Caffeine (I took my waking morning temp EVERY morning for over a month, it is often below 97 degrees)
HEREDITY

I have an extensive family history of Thyroid issues (father, grandmother and brother). This, in combination with my numbers and my symptoms, made my doctor medicate me.

I got diagnosed with an overactive thyroid about 4 years ago when I was in boot camp. I had no idea at all, no symptons what so ever.They kept me in boot camp for an extra two weeks while they did testing and figured out how severe it was. They said for sure that it is over active, and I get blood work done once a year. I also had to ingest some green stuff, so they could track how the green stuff got processed through my thyroid. I dont remember the outcome of that or what the point of the test was to beging with...

They said there was nothing they could do, other than to REMOVE the thyroid completley, resulting in me having to take meds for the rest of my life. Lots of people recommend taking t3 in conjunction with clen. But if you already have a screwy thyroid- shold you stay away from t3 completley?

kjgray said:

Lots of people recommend taking t3 in conjunction with clen. But if you already have a screwy thyroid- shold you stay away from t3 completley?

YES YES YES ...... Stay away from it. If you are OVERactive....WHY ON EARTH would you take MORE thyroid med? Especially NOT under a doctor's care? This would be a STUPID idea.

Particularly if you have been diagnosed, don't self-medicate. For that matter, dont' try to self-diagnose & then self-medicate based on your self-diagnosis.

Daisy_Girl said:
My symptoms:
Very dry skin
Brittle hair and nails
Fatigue, often extreme (often stress related, so it is hard to pin that only on Thyroid).

This sounds like me!
:worried:

Top Bottom