Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Thoughts on Cheat Meals

I think it's something you like, but do not over do...Maybe 1 serving ice cream, or 1 slice pizza, or a chocolate bar if you are dessert type of gal...

Why are you wary?

There are REASONS behind cheats - helps boost the metabolism. There is a huge difference between a well-planned REFEED and an all out unplanned binge.

Both may have their place - but the planned refeed may help you reach your goals quicker than not ever refeeding.

For the last 1 year, I have been religious about my cheat meals because I LOVE to eat.

My approach is 1 day a week I get to eat whatever I like. I still lift and do cardio on that day, but lunch and dinner are both out. I order whatever I want off the menu; I have a small afternoon snack of my choice between the meals, and after dinner I have dessert of my choice.

I do not log, I do not count. If I want to have drinks, this is the day to do it. :)

I find it helps me keep my sanity and it really does refeed and replenish the body, especially my glycogen stores. By eating 40/30/30 or 50/25/25 6 days a week, the body WILL craves those carbs and fats I'm eating less of... I live for my cheat days. :) Sometimes I'll even have cheat WEEKENDS (on vacation)... and I swear on all things holy, I look THINNER on the day after cheat days because once I get a good sweat session in, my body just lets go of EVERYTHING it was holding in all week.

Trust me -- cheat meal, LOTS of water, some Sesapoo (I mean, Sesapure... ;) ) and all will be great in the world. :D

One of the really big challenges is getting comfortable w/ just eating. Everyone does it, it doesn't have to be your enemy or somethign you are scared of. All a good 'lifestyle' diet requires is a little bit of planning, time to establish the habit you want and then just relax. An optimized diet & training program ("lifestyle") can accommodate a "cheat". It also has a place in a good diet - - exactly as Daisy said. So just no need to sweat. The only time you need to adjust is if you have a very specific goal in mind (e.g. competition) -- because you are modifying your lifestyle with the purpose of achieving a specific look on a specific day - there's no intention of maintaining that goal longer than a day or two. That means you can go a little more extreme and establish a more limited diet with the intention of giving yourself some equally and opposite 'extreme' to rebound and let your body come back to a comfortable medium. But for just normal living and long term goals, use the whole diet to adjust your body down to what you want to maintain, but use the cheats as part of it.

Top Bottom