Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Is there a way to figure out how many calories you are burning?

MandieG

That's more percise than the monitors at the gym??

I want to try to cut my diet a little more to help with fat loss, but I don't know how many calories a day I"m working off in the day.

Thanks
Mandie

exercise-wise a good rule of thumb is 10mins cycling/stepping/x-trainer burns roughly 100kcals. On the treadmill 1 mile at 2% incline or 1 mile outdoors burns around the 100 kcal mark too.

I usually estimate around 300kcals for a good 45-60 mins lifting and thats probably on the conservative side. There are formulas for calculating exactly how many kcals burned based on your bodyweight,age and BF % but I tend not to get too bogged down with the exact numbers, it can get a little obsessive. I prefer to go with how my body feels and looks in response to my diet.

Last edited:
Buy a heart rate monitor that calculates the calories for you based on your height, weight, age and heart rate. Polar makes one that costs $100.

Some of the treadmills at my old gym allow you to input your gender, age, weight, bf% before you begin your workout, and they ask for your heart rate at several points. I'd assume those would be a little more accurate than the ones that just count calories based on averages.

FigureSkater said:
Some of the treadmills at my old gym allow you to input your gender, age, weight, bf% before you begin your workout, and they ask for your heart rate at several points. I'd assume those would be a little more accurate than the ones that just count calories based on averages.

That's true cuz the machines that don't ask for all that info are based on a 150 pound man.....(read that somewhere)

Top Bottom