Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Is there any benefit, or does it just feel good?

FitFossil

When using ointments like Icy Hot, Aspercreme, etc. on sore muscles, is there any benefit, or does it just feel good?

I always put icy hot on my bicep tendons, elbows, shoulders, knees, back, and neck...before I train...always.

B True

Pink Space Biscuit said:

They must smell you from a mile away.

Well...yeah...they do...lol. It is my gym though...lol...

B True

Pink Space Biscuit said:

They must smell you from a mile away.

He could smell a LOT worse...sometimes I just wanna dump a bucket of soapy water on some of the guys. One guy wears the SAME sweatshirt EVERY DAY. The smell of menthol would be welcome compared to stinky odors! Besdies, my favorite gum is wintergreen. LOL

If Icy Hot, etc. makes ya feel better, even if it's a mental thing, why not do it? There's a lot to aromatherapy too.

Zostrix HP doesn't smell at all and works MUCH better if you like the pain.

Word to the wise though...IF you lower back hurts and you put it on your lower back....when you sweat it will run down your crack...and HURT!!! Also...use the rest room BEFORE you put it on. Soap and water does NOT take all of it off!!!

B True

Last edited:
b fold the truth said:
Word to the wise though...IF you lower back hurts and you put it on your lower back....when you sweat it will run down your crack...and HURT!!!

YOWZA!!!! :alien:

MrsPuddlesFL said:
If Icy Hot, etc. makes ya feel better, even if it's a mental thing, why not do it? There's a lot to aromatherapy too.

Precisely. I don't use it before every workout. However, when my lower back or especially my elbows are feeling pretty beat up I will use it before training. Mental or not it seems to help.

Personally, I like Tiger Balm - it stains light colored clothes though. Luckily most of my gym gear is black.

For snowboarding, we use arnica gel. It really helps w/ bruising and the associated swelling, as well as muscle aches. Of course, I wouldn't need anything if I never fell. :) Or ran into anything.

Top Bottom