Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Temperature effect calories ?

kellydrake

[FONT=&quot]I was wondering if anyone could answer this question for me. If the temperature of your body goes up, wouldn't your calories burned? Like or example if you run 2 miles in 85 degree weather and burn about 300 calories, then the next moth you run the same 2 miles in 95 degree weather does your calories burned go up since your body is hotter? The reason I ask is cause its breaking record highs down here in texas and im running in it. Usually when I go for my run its about 95+ weather. So my usuall 2 mile run feels like 2.5 cause its so hot and the sun just zaps the energy right out of me it feels like.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

Exercising in varying temperatures doesn't make much of a caloric expenditure difference. Extended time in extreme cold can actually make a small difference in your base caloric usage though as your body work to keep your internal organs warm.

In general, you will burn the same number of calories per hour regardless of air temperature unless the temperature affects your economy. Just remember If your running economy is not being affected, you'll burn about the same number of calories in the heat or cold.

Top Bottom