Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Takniteasy's Log (Finally!)

Update continued...

7/27/06

One of my best friends had major surgery today, so no training and eating is a bit screwed up.

Meal 1: between 6:00 a.m. and 10:30 a.m.
Coffee, H2O, coffee and a few almonds

Meal 2: 11:00 a.m.
1 cup baby spinach, 1 cup sliced strawberries, 1 dozen steamed shrimp, ½ tbsp olive oil, tbsp balsamic vinegar

Meal 3: I don’t remember what time as I was back up at the hospital.
Handful almonds – I’m guessing ½ cup or so

Meal 4: 5:30 p.m.
Leftover sautéed sea trout, ~1.5 cups steamed green beans, 1/3 cup mac n’ cheese

Meal 5: 9:00 p.m.
1 tbsp ANPB

7/28/06

Workout: Shoulders & Arms (4TUT)

Superset:
Side laterals w/DBs
1 x 10 reps 7.5#, 1 x 10 reps 10#DBs, 1 x 10 reps 10#DBs
Seated DB Press
1 x 10 reps 15#DBs, 1 x 10 reps 15#DBs, 1 x 10 reps 15# DBs
Front DB raises
1 x 8 reps 10#DBs, 1 x 10 reps 10#DBs, 1 x 10 reps 10#DBs

(Was going to do upright rows but those tend to aggravate a neck injury. Does anyone know of something else to take place of upright rows?)

Superset Biceps: 6TUT
Incline curls – 4 sets x 10 reps 10#DBs
Alternate DB curls – 4 sets x 10 reps 12.5# DBs

Superset Triceps: 6TUT
Overhead extensions (cable) – 1 x 10 reps 30#, 1 x 10 reps 40#, 1 x 10 reps 50#, 1 x 10 reps 55#
Pushdowns – 4 x 10 reps w/same weights as extensions

Had doctor appointments today and spent time at hospital relieving friend’s family for a while.

Meal 1: 8:00 a.m.
2 scoops Isopure in 16 oz H2O

Meal 2: 11:30 a.m.
Subway turkey/bacon w/provolone cheese wrap (same condiments as other day)
Unsweet ice tea
Developed a cervical migraine at some point this afternoon – went home, took some drugs and crashed for about hour and a half.

Meal 3: 5:00 p.m.
Homemade Chili mac (made with lean ground beef, lo-so tomatoes, Kraft mac n’ cheese, seasoning)

Meal 4: about 8:00 p.m.
1 tbsp ANPB

Still felt bad so went to bed shortly thereafter.

Okay, so now I am caught up. At least for the time being. Now to catch up on everyone else's logs. :)

Food doesn't look all that bad......don't worry about it.....Nice of you to support your friend like that - that's what's most important.... :rose:

Hi there so your post on my log...(which is not as detailed as yours) LOL.
I think your pics from 98 are great...Do you have a competition goal coming up?
Thanks for the compliment! :qt:

florencia said:
Hi there so your post on my log...(which is not as detailed as yours) LOL.
I think your pics from 98 are great...Do you have a competition goal coming up?
Thanks for the compliment! :qt:

You are quite welcome! And no, I don't have competition goal unless you count my competition with my own aging body :p

I would like to get somewhere close to what I looked like in '98. I just need to tweak my eating habits a little more. And since I was "let go" from my job today, I will have more time to devote to getting back on track with diet and training.

I ran a report on FitDay showing my average caloric intake and breakdown percentages for the past month. Not real good: Average daily caloric intake = 1138 kcals
:worried: Average protein intake = 96 grams Average carb intake = 84 grams and Average fat intake = 49 grams.

So, basically I have been starving myself.
:rolleyes: I know better than that. But since a tremendous amount of stress has been eliminated, my focus can once again be on my health. However, today is shot because of the pecan pie I made yesterday. I have had 1 major slice already today and will probably have another tonite. :chomp:

takniteasy said:
You are quite welcome! And no, I don't have competition goal unless you count my competition with my own aging body :p

I would like to get somewhere close to what I looked like in '98. I just need to tweak my eating habits a little more. And since I was "let go" from my job today, I will have more time to devote to getting back on track with diet and training.

I ran a report on FitDay showing my average caloric intake and breakdown percentages for the past month. Not real good: Average daily caloric intake = 1138 kcals
:worried: Average protein intake = 96 grams Average carb intake = 84 grams and Average fat intake = 49 grams.

:rolleyes: I know better than that. But since a tremendous amount of stress has been eliminated, my focus can once again be on my health. However, today is shot because of the pecan pie I made yesterday. I have had 1 major slice already today and will probably have another tonite. :chomp:
Yummy I love pecan pie! I have not had a slice like in 10 years!
I am just like you in competition with my aging body!
I will be 40 in October, and for some damn reason (getting older I suppose) I still think I am 18...
It happens alot, when I am putting on my sneakers of course I am looking down, so I can still see somewhat of a resemlance with that 20 year old body...but when I look in the mirror...DANG it hits me...like the gong show!!!LOL....
So my basic target zone are my hamstrings and glutes...yes fatty deposits and gravity!!! LOL...or is it Crying in silence?
I am on a 1300 calorie intake for now 40/30/30...
I took a week off because of travel and did no weights, some jogging but it really does not count.
I just wish theer was a magic wand for sagging skin...Only Dorian Grey...
The real secret I guess would be for me...NOT TO COMPARE MYSELF WITH 20 YEAR OLDS... That would be so wise....
:worried:

takniteasy said:

OH thank goodness!! I think this will be a blessing in disguise!! This "situation" has IMO placed a lot of unnecessary stress on you - take some time off, decompress & take care of YOU for a couple of days.....Your idiot boss made his bed - let him lie in it.....F him.....

jenscats5 said:
OH thank goodness!! I think this will be a blessing in disguise!! This "situation" has IMO placed a lot of unnecessary stress on you - take some time off, decompress & take care of YOU for a couple of days.....Your idiot boss made his bed - let him lie in it.....F him.....
I agree!

jenscats5 said:

Thanks sweet lady! Boy, did you ever hit the nail on the head! Yep, he made his mess and now he has to clean it up, by himself. I did actually spend this afternoon decompressing. Had a decent lunch with another slice of pecan pie and relaxed for about 3 hours with a good book. Even made chicken enchiladas tonite that came out perfect. My cooking has suffered immensely over the last few months and my good guy has been very understanding about ruined meals. Dinner tonite was a definite treat for him!
:)

I will still hit the gym first thing in the morning, although a little later. It will feel good to be able to focus on my training.

florencia said:
The real secret I guess would be for me...NOT TO COMPARE MYSELF WITH 20 YEAR OLDS... That would be so wise....
:worried:

:FRlol: Sister, I need to do the same thing!

Seriously though. You look much better than alot of 20 y/o women, so there is no comparison!
:heart:

Last edited:
8/01/06

Weight: Don't know, didn't go near a scale

7:15 a.m.
1 large cup black coffee w/pinch of Splenda
1 cup fresh blueberries (for tummy with T-Rex)
1 T-Rex

8:00 a.m.
Trained Legs

Giant Set - 5TUT
Stiff deads - 40# preloaded bar
Leg extensions - 45#
Lying ham curls - 45#
Lunges - Smith machine w/xtra 10# - alt legs

3 sets with 12 reps on each exercise - 2 minutes rest between sets

1 set x 20 reps Wide stance squats - Smith machine + 20#

ABS - 3 sets of the following cycles:
Bicycles - 30 secs
Scissors - 30 secs

Meal 1: 9:45 a.m.
1/2 cup Cream of wheat (cooked amount) prepared with H2O
1/2 cup Eggbeaters Southwestern eggs

Meal 2: 12:00 p.m.
1.5 cups baby spinach
1/2 cup fresh blueberries
1 can tuna, drained
2 tbsp Light Done Right French dressing
5 Ritz crackers

Meal 3: 3:00 p.m.
2 tbsp ANPB

I feel much better today. I filed for Unemployment benefits and was qualified immediately, Yeah! Got final paycheck in the mail. Surprise to me. Former training partner actually met me at the gym this morning. She has stood me up numerous times in the past, so this was a surprise also. We had a good workout and supposedly will meet up tomorrow afternoon.

Although I have not stepped on a scale, I feel much lighter.
;)

Top Bottom