Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Take 1, Cut 1...2007

rocky_road

This is my log! I'm actually going to go through this one. It is my first cut. For the first year i've been here i've basically just learned a whole bunch, now I'm putting that into a recorded program. Goals are to lose fat while improving upper body strength. Still trying to pass a certain test that requires 6 pull ups and 42 push-ups.

Stomach=My worst body part
Pictures= Stomach Pushed out/Relaxed/Tightened
...at about 7 PM and right after eating, yet it seems like the pictures make me look thinner than I really am. Who really knows. Our bodies change to much to really know, but pictures can't lie.

Pushout.gif

Relaxed.gif

Pullin.gif

Want to decrease my bodyfat (22% by one person's caliper) and weight to 135 lbs or less by April 1, with the appearance of my stomach as my main comparison tool. That's about 12 weeks to lose 8-9 lbs.

Starts Sunday, January 7th, 2007.

Welcome to log world! 12 weeks -- walk in the park! If you can, get your bodyfat measured - don't spend your whole time measuring success w/ the scale. I've had my weight drop 2 lbs but bodyfat drop by 9%.

Sun Jan 7, 2007 <3
(A Very Good) 'Morning!

Weight: Surprisingly Low 141 lb

9:30 Steel Cut Oats ~ .3 Cup, 4 Egg Whites, 1/2 Apple

For after church... 12:10 1/2 South Beach Diet Bar

Warm Up 5 min jogging, stretching, 18 Push Ups

1st Chin-Up Workout from T-Nation "Keep Your Chin Up"
http://www.t-nation.com/findArticle.do?article=260chin2

Incline Chin Up 6/8/6 reps

3 Position Static Holds
Set 1: Finished Position 30 sec, Midrange 22 sec, Starting Position 8 sec
Set 2: 19/14/24 secs

Lat Pulldown
12 lb plates
@4 plates x 7 reps too easy
@5 x 6 too easy
@7 x 5
@8 x 4 hard
@9 x 3 hard

Partial Chins: 5 going down only very slightly

HAND STRENGH WORK:
Forearm roll--tough as shit!
2 reps @ 5 lb toooo hard
5 reps @ 2.5 lb x 2 sets

PWO 1:20
1/2 South Beach Diet Bar, Sliver of Chicken, 2 slivers of bell pepper

Last edited:
rocky_road said:
Sun Jan 7, 2007 <3
(A Very Good) 'Morning!

Weight: Surprisingly Low 141 lb

9:30 Steel Cut Oats ~ 1 cup(?), 4 Egg Whites, 1/2 Apple

For after church... 12:10 1/2 South Beach Diet Bar

GYM: 1st Pull-Up workout!:

PWO: 1/2 South Beach Diet Bar, Sliver of Chicken, 2 slivers of bell pepper
Hey girl. Looks like a good start and your body has a great foundation to work with already, don't doubt it! :qt: 12 weeks is going to be simple, just like Sassy said.

Are you using FitDay to track what you eat? Do you have a food ratio in mind for protein/carbs/fat percentages?

I ask because while your breakfast looks good, the carbs in the steel oats might be a bit high... maybe you just need 1/2 of that as a serving size (thought I'm not sure... I don't eat carbs at breakfast... just PM part of the day); I'm glad you balanced it out with eggs though :)

Lunch needs a bit more. :) How much chicken is a "sliver"? Gotta fuel those workouts girl, even afterward.

Did you know that after you lift weights is the time when your body's muscles are opened up and waiting for you to fill it with protein, their building-blocks? That's why it's always important to eat (or drink) something with lots of protein just after a weightlifting workout (such as your push-up workout).

Keep us posted. You work hard and this progress will be QUICK. And YES get that body fat measured!

Welcome to logging, Rocky Road! Bunch of knowledgeable ladies (and gents) here, a gold mine of information, in fact. Don't be hesitant to ask them anything. :)

Thanks for your support, girls!
Edited all the wrong stuff. Have no idea why I thought I had eaten a cup of oats--that was just the amount in the whole batch.

To do today:
Clean out freezer to make my own shelf (Mom gave the okay..yay!)
Figure out meal plans for this week
Figure out if the bread Mom bought is healthy--it's that "Healthy Oat" brand and the main ingredient is Whole Wheat Flour, but the 2nd ingredient is some kind of Enriched flour; what do you think? When I shop I always buy the 100% whole wheat kind

2:30 Lunch
Rest of 6 oz Chicken (always Boneless, skinless)
1.2 cups broccoli
.4 Cup WW Pasta
2 Tablespoons Tomato Sauce
3/4 cup milk

I am sure the bread is "healthy" - unless one of the ingredients is rat poison or lard, it is "healthy".

My thoughts are this .....

1) If you are trying to lose a few lbs and become healthier - then just about everything can have a place in your diet. It is all about moderation and eating to maximize your goals.`

2) You are still very young and need a lot of nutrients. No need to start deeming foods "good" and "bad" at this point. Eat a wide variety of foods, all with high nutritional values.

Good point. I'm just curious as to if I should eat the bread or not, and if I should ever buy that kind again.

3:15 2 Tablespoons Naturally More Peanut butter with a little extra liquid egg white added in

ANOTHER QUESTION: I just noticed that Fit Day PC Version won't let you copy/paste any charts, so how do you guys transfer your total cal and macros onto EF every day? Do you simply type it out? Seems like it would take a lot of extra time compared to just copy/paste. What a bummer. Thanks....

Does the bread fit into your daily calorie count and macro count? Does it offer you any health/performance benefits? If it fits into your daily diet plan and/or it offers you some other benefit - then it is fine.

There is room for just about anything in a well-designed plan (except, of course, a pre-competition diet, lol). In my opinion.

I don't use the PC version (pay version). The free version lets you copy/paste easily.

Top Bottom