Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

T-Cake's 2006 Log

T

T-Cake

And here I go...

SO after agonizing about 'to-log or not to-log'... I have decided to begin. Slowly, but surely, I'm getting better about worrying about what others think... and this thread can serve as my daily reinforcement that I work so hard to honor MYSELF first. Go me. Let's get started...

Height: 5'5"
Basal activity level due to career: Busy; on my feet most of the day chasing high school kids and/or lecturing or scolding... my job is exhausting.
Level of activity outside of work: High (details to follow)

Starting point:
1999 -- 260.25 lbs at age 19. Began WeightWatchers using the Flex Plan and got down to about 185. Gained and lost within 20 lbs until I was 26 (Feb. of this year) and then got stuck. Maintaining an 80-lb weight loss, though, for nearly 7 years is pretty damn good, I'd say. But something had to change.

Feb. 2006 -- Found myself crying to Raina's sister on the phone about my now 10-month plateau at 185 no matter what I was doing/eating. Enter Ulter.

Current plan which began on Feb. 2, 2006:

DIET: 1500-1600 calories a day, logged on FitDay daily. 40/30/30 (protein/carbs/fat), 6 days a week when training. Cheat day 1 day a week where I'm capped at 2500 calories, but 40% is now carbs, not protein.

FOOD CHOICES: When I began in February, my carb allotment was still going to ice cream and processed foods/snacks. Then Ulter and I cut down to no-sugar-added... now I am down to the following foods as my carb sources: whole wheat pasta, potatoes, Clif bars, fruit with low GI values. Processed junk is out. This took awhile for me to achieve, but I'm finally doing it.

SUPPLEMENTS:
I'm a hardcore fan of ANAFIT, as is many of us. I have seen a huge difference in my performance training and in, simply enough, my weight losses since I began taking the supplements in February. Being sugar-sensitive and carrying my weight in my lower-body predominantly (hips, butt and thighs), I'm certain what I'm taking is helping me out:
Levorex: 2 at breakfast
Cardio Breeze: 2 at breakfast and at lunch
Sesapure: 1 at B, L and D
Gluorell: 1 at L and D
Non-Anafit items: The following are taken each morning at breakfast and one of each: vitamin E, fish oil, women's multi, magnesium, zinc, potassium glutamate, B complex, vitamin C, dandelion root (for water retention).

TRAINING:
Cardio -- 60 minutes 6 days a week first thing in the morning on an empty stomach.
Lifting -- Sun/Thurs. upper body; Tues/Fri. lower body. I keep a paper journal of all my lifts, sets, reps, and notes as to what to work on (e.g. "focus on keeping back arched; plant heels firmly; try this next time... stay with this weight, etc.)

PROGRESS THUS FAR:

I have been taking progress pics every two weeks since Feb. 2nd. I'll probably put them in my gallery sooner than later. They're dated.

If you'd like to see pictures and/or read my story or more in detail, you can visit my progress site at www.freewebs.com/troychak

Starting weight: 184 lbs on Feb. 3rd (I still WI (weigh-in) at WW (WeightWatchers) every Saturday and attend my meeting for check-in, to give help to people, and to get support and learn something NEW)

Weight today: 169 as of yesterday, Saturday, May 13, 2006.

Inches lost total thus far: About 12 overall. I measure chest, waist, hips, right thigh, left thigh.

Body fat %: As of a month ago, it was 32% (I think). I need to have my gym-teacher friend at work do this again for me soon. I can have her take it both ways -- calipers or hand-held measure.

So that is my story thus far. When I post my next set of measurements, I'll post the differences between my last set taken and the new set. Every Saturday is weigh-in, and I hope to see the scale drop each week... but I can reassure myself when it doesn't knowing that my muscles are now more defined.

I turn to you all because I love my WeightWatcher girls... but I'm getting more serious about my training and how MUCH of an athlete I want to become. I want to be around women who understand this side of me -- the side my family and friends don't always understand.

This is me. Whoever takes time to read me and comment, thank you to you. I'm learning that I am really becoming an athlete... and I'm starting to feel like I fit in someplace.

Last edited:
:rose:
thYougogirl.gif

Thanks, Bunny. :verygood:

Alright so now that my basics are out there for my 'intro', here is my current predicament:

I am injured. I really hate this. *sigh*

Curgeo is my weight-training bud who set up my lifting routine, and we were so careful when planning it not to hurt my sensitive LEFT knee.

SO what happened? I was rollin' along, doing great, and I busted my RIGHT knee doing CARDIO. Grrrrr.

That was about 3 weeks ago now. I basically put my resistance on the elliptical machine way too high and my knee hyperextended back and it's just really prone to keep doing that now.

To treat it, I wear an Ace bandage when it hurts, even at work, but it's hard still because I'm on my feet so much. I cut out cardio because I simply couldn't handle it, but I kept doing my upper body lifting twice a week. That has been pretty consistent.

Last week I managed 30 min. of uphill treadmill walking at the gym on SUNDAY... then managed only 15 min. last Thursday night. Very big difference from my usual 60 minutes, and I'm feeling like such a slacker; can't stand it.

Today I ran outside for 30 minutes (3.1 miles; a 5K), and didn't stop (except once to remove the bandage that shifted and was hurting my knee). I was ok... until after Mother's Day brunch when I walked around and found that O M G I have an awful shin splint now above my right knee. Glorious.

SO I'm agitated. My progress would be so much better if I was just training as much as I was again... but I have to heal and I"m so impatient. I've been icing my knee now for the last 2 hours, so hopefully that helps.

I've never been injured before. My stubborn nature doesn't help. Due to having 2 mom's for Mother's Day, my day is packed so I'm going to do upper body tomorrow instead of tonight (gym closes at 6 on Sunday). No biggie there... but MAN I want to get my cardio back! *pout*

Ok rant over.

fatguy.gif

Welcome Welcome Welcome & good luck with the goals.

Sorry to hear about the knee, give it time to heal.

T-Cake said:
And here I go...

Slowly, but surely, I'm getting better about worrying about what others think... and this thread can serve as my daily reinforcement that I work so hard to honor MYSELF first. Go me. ............

I want to be around women who understand this side of me -- the side my family and friends don't always understand. .............

This is me. ................

I'm learning that I am really becoming an athlete... and I'm starting to feel like I fit in someplace...........

What an awesome first post, T :rose:

I can relate on so many levels.

Congrats on progress so far and I wish you all the best with the rest of your goals. You know the right people to help and you've come to the right place.

:heart:

Thanks for starting a log. It should be interesting to watch you change over the summer. Congrats on your results so far. :heart: :heart:

Welcome T-cake! It's awesome that u have already made such a big progess in the past years.
Keep it up and enjoy the progress! :qt:

Ulter said:
Thanks for starting a log. It should be interesting to watch you change over the summer. Congrats on your results so far. :heart: :heart:

You're welcome, and yes -- lots of good change to look forward too.

Thanks to everyone too for the nice compliments. It really is a journey of sorts, and I have always prided myself on never being a quitter... but I really have embodied that since I started my serious training this year. Always have to keep things interesting, right?

SO -- I accidentaly took 2 CardioBreeze (CB -- still learning if these are universal abbreviations on the boards here...) at dinner tonight around 6. Crap. That sucks. *sigh* Guess I'll be up for awhile.

I'm supposed to meet a WW gf of mine tomorrow night for dinner because she is in town, so hopefully I can leave work early and get some lifting in before that. Just need to plan ahead since I never made it today.

My shin splint/knee injury hurts like hell right now... I'd give anything to just heal tomorrow so I can stop feeling like a quitter. Argh.

Did I mention I post a lot? Oh well -- it's my log, and I'll rant when I want to, I suppose. :) :qt:

Hi and welcome....did you really see that much of a weight difference with the supplements?

Top Bottom