Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

T-Cake's 2006 Log

Ulter said:
It DOESN'T taste like Chicken. It's not as fatty as a burger but not as without substance as a veggie burger. That's my texture description. :)
:D That's a good description! To me, it DOES taste like a burger, much like a turkey burger would, but much more moist, which I love. Turkey burgers have a tendency to be dried if not cooked right... and veggie burgers (as Ulter said, and I'm agreeing with) seem to leave me wanting more (i.e. a SECOND one!) But yes yes, the buffalo burger is DELISH! :p

que_66 said:
Helllllooooo! Thanks for poppin' in! It's like my little reminder that I need to check in on your thread and catch up! It's been a longgggg time!

SO last night... I ate at Bubba Gump's... oh MAN! :RADAR::D:arty:... I was such a :cow: but it was yummmmmy!

My cheat meal consisted of two drinks (1 margarita and 1 colada type deal), some calamari, onion rings, spinach dip with crackers... then DINNER was the Shrimp Heaven which was hush puppies, coconut shrimp, fried shrimp, peel-n'-eat shrimp, and french fries (I barely touched my fries though... they weren't worth it and I wanted to focus on the shrimp!)... and DESSERT -- we split this chocolate birthday cake amongst the table and I ordered an Alabama (ice cream) Mud Pie.

Ok, so I kept looking around the table and noticing... I think I ate the most off my plate for dinner... I think I ate the MOST appetizers... and I definitely ate the most dessert.

I didn't know whether to feel embarassed... or proud that I knew I worked my ASS off at the gym yesterday to earn that sucker! :jump:

Whatever -- it was decadent. :p

Workout Log for Sunday, Jan. 14, 2007

Lifts: Lower Body Day

Leg Press
WU: 110# x 8

1. 135# x 10
2. 140# x 10
3. same as 2 --> The WU really helped my hips and knees to loosen up.

Good Mornings
1. squat rack bar + 35# x 11
2. bar + 40# x 10
3. same as 2 --> Will do all 3 sets with 40# racked next.

Dead Lifts
1. squat rack bar + 65# x 10
2. +70# x 10
3. same as 2 --> STAY. Owwwwww. :) Tired!

Leg Extensions
1. 55# ea. leg x 10
2. same
3. same --> These aren't hard on my quads... but I can't get the seat comfy enough to a point where the shin pads aren't hurting the fuck out of my tibiae. I was ANNOYED -- need to find my old log where I marked what seat needs to be at... I know I can go higher! :worried:

Leg Curls
1. 55# ea leg x 10
2. same
3. same --> I need to do a WU set next time; I can't go higher b/c my knees hurt too much. I honestly can say I hate doing extensions and curls the most!

Seated Calve Raises
WU: 70# x 8

1. 90# x 10
2. 100# x 10
3. same as 2 --> Progress! :)

CARDIO

5 minutes on the rowing machine -- back hurt... moved to elliptical
20 minutes HIIT on the elliptical; intervals were speed pumps every 4 minutes
20 minutes HIIT on the stairmill using LADDERS (Thanks, DUCKY!!!) L9, 12, 15

A longgggg day at the gym; I am WIPED OUT; lower body workouts just slaughter me but I'm seeing progress so whatever. :qt:

Ulter still says I'm melting away now at a "Biggest Loser" pace -- he says it's incredible because my muscles are showing more and FASTER now because I'm losing the fat so quickly. Looks like my body finally lost it's battle against ME and my bad-ass attitude! :elephant:

Watch out world. :D

I'm Audi! :wavey:

sbt2082 said:
Hi ya there sweeeeeeeeeetie :bigkiss:
HOpe that you are having a WONDERFUL weekend!!!
Yes, I am, and thankfully there is still one day left of it for me! :arty: Hooray!

T-Cake said:
Yes, I am, and thankfully there is still one day left of it for me! :arty: Hooray!
Me too although this three day weekend is going by faster than I'd like! :evil:

Thanks for stopping by my log...mad :heart: to you as always. You make me crave shrimp now :p :chomp:

We will have a support group session for daughters with nutty moms when we meet up at the Arnold. We'd have to put a time on it though because it sounds like we could go on forever.

And GO SPIN - after your incredibly high intensity sessions on the stairmill as well as your long distance runs, I'm not sure what kind of cardio there's left to fear at all.

:bigkiss::rose:

Roonytunes said:
Me too although this three day weekend is going by faster than I'd like! :evil:

Thanks for stopping by my log...mad :heart: to you as always. You make me crave shrimp now :p :chomp:

We will have a support group session for daughters with nutty moms when we meet up at the Arnold. We'd have to put a time on it though because it sounds like we could go on forever.

And GO SPIN - after your incredibly high intensity sessions on the stairmill as well as your long distance runs, I'm not sure what kind of cardio there's left to fear at all.

:bigkiss::rose:
You're welcome and I'm still scared of hurting my little girly parts in spinning class!!! I've heard bad things... should I bring a gel seat? Or does it really not matter because you keep standing up and sitting down? I think I'm more afraid of the pains (and where they will be) AFTERWARD.

I'm off to the gym... AGAIN. 3 days in a row - I did lower yesterday so today is an upper body day with cardio. We'll see what I can muster up. I still need to grocery shop and cook and buy some stuff for the kids to do tomorrow in school; it's a screwy work week for us too -- schedule changes T, W, AND Thursday all for assemblies and various other things. Strange how it works, but the day goes by so much faster.

C-ya in awhile. :wavey:

I agree with Roony! Go and spin, I think you'd enjoy the change of pace after the long step mill and treadmill sessions! You may want one of those gel seats for the first time or two, because I will be honest with ya you're gonna be sore if you don't :lmao: I bought one but ended up giving it away because after the first time it didn't really hurt again ;)

I love Spin class. If you have the right teacher and music the time flies. I never used a gel seat but the first couple classes I was sore. I would just stand up if I was too uncomfortable.

T-Cake said:
CARDIO

5 minutes on the rowing machine -- back hurt... moved to elliptical
20 minutes HIIT on the elliptical; intervals were speed pumps every 4 minutes
20 minutes HIIT on the stairmill using LADDERS (Thanks, DUCKY!!!) L9, 12, 15
I see we got another one :) Hope the step mill kicked your butt! :)
For fat loss, I loved spin too. Something to try if you have a good teacher for sure.

Thanks for the input, ladies!!! :heart:

Ok, now I do want to try it -- maybe I'll go get a gel seat tonight. I need to go to Target to see if they have Slinky toys I can have my kids do a lab with tomorrow, so I'll go looking. I already have one on my old bike at my mom's house -- but I don't like her enough to ask her to mail it to me. :) Not worth the hassle!

And I don't know about the teacher -- I've seen a couple different ones... this long-haired-semi-scary dude teaches the early morning classes... and honestly it annoys me because half the time he's OFF his bike, walking around the room, standing by people. I'm always on the stairmill thinking "WTF? Get you ass up there!!!" But I think I'd be too focused on my own thing to worry.

The last sweat session I died through was BIKRAM YOGA. Anyone ever done it? OMG, man alive, it was H O T!!! The worst mistake I made, though, was taking my supps -- i.e. Cardio Breeze, sesapure, Levorex -- in the morning before the class. HUGE mistake; I spent half the class (it's a 90-minute class, btw) on the floor on my back trying to get my head straight again.

Funny enough... I felt extremely refreshed when I left. I didn't know it's humanly possible to sweat that much.

Today is a cooking day for the week (and yes, Daisy, you can live with Ulter and me! :D ) and my recipes for the week are tortellini/spinach/turkey sausage soup and then MY dish for just me is a pumpkin polenta with chorizo and black beans -- it sounded oddly good to me... so i'm going to try it (but I'll cook it with turkey kielbasa instead of chorizo -- that's off-limits for me).

I'm just sitting here waiting for Ulter... dinner's on the table... tick tock... blah blah. Hungry. :p

Top Bottom