Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

T-Cake's 2006 Log

You have the most awesome energy...reading your log, checking your site...it's so obvious that you really enjoy life. That is a breath of fresh air...

AMAZING transformation, chicka! ;) Like Treil, all pics at dirty pics at my job. :rolleyes: I'll check out your updates when I get home.

*Bunny* said:
Bring him to the show in July :) T-Cake you are coming right? Crap when are you moving????

Oh I would TOTALLY bring my bro to the show in July if I could persuade him to. That'd be schweeeeet.

As for my move -- no idea. Sooner the better only because there is a shift in school year calendars. MI runs from Sept 1 or so until late June... but FL runs from AUG. 1 until late May... so basically I'd be getting out of work with my CURRENT job on June 9... and my "summer off" would end by July 15 or so (because I'd probably have to do staff meetings, set up my classroom, and go through a new teacher orientation or FIVE :rolleyes: ). SO to answer your question -- I don't know if I'll still be in MI then, and yes, Ulter and I have talked about that. Meh -- I'm a 'play it by ear' sorta gal... so I'm just gonna wait and see, but I'm well aware!!!

FlyBrownChick said:
You have the most awesome energy...reading your log, checking your site...it's so obvious that you really enjoy life. That is a breath of fresh air...

AMAZING transformation, chicka! Like Treil, all pics at dirty pics at my job. I'll check out your updates when I get home.

WOW, what a NICE compliment!!! Thank you so much! Oddly enough, I am exhausted all the damn time because there is always so much to do and so little time to do it (case in point: I'm FINALLY posting on my own damn log at 1am... Grrr... at least I'm on my laptop in bed!), but I manage. Thanks for appreciating my energy.

T-Cake's Good Moments of Today:

1) I was at work until 6:pm tonight (Ulter says I post about work a lot so far... but I SWEAR it's because it has been consuming me in the last two weeks). KUDOS FOR ME because I was going to go home and rest on the couch, have some dinner, etc. and do my lifting tomorrow. WELL I decided that Friday upper would throw off my schedule and I hadn't planned on lifting until 8pm anyway... so I TRUDGED home... cooked myself a CLEAN DINNER (shrimp and green beans -- I needed to offset some carb-age earlier)... and then I WENT TO THE GYM. I know... I would have gone tomorrow anyway, but I stuck to my guns and got it done.

2) Had a great upper lift, and when on the bike my knee (even though in its bandage) felt pretty good. At the end of the workout it was tired but no crazy pain, thank goodness. I'm slowly going to work back into cardio this weekend (I PROMISE I WON'T RUN!!!)... but at what point is it safe to go back to lifting lower body? Opinions, ladies?

3) I had like 3 or 4 kids tell me today that I am the best teacher in the building or one of the best. That really made me feel good seeing that I do what I do FOR THEM.

4) ARE YOU READY FOR THIS?!?! I pulled a *Bunny* :elephant:

Yeah, man -- there is this other solo chick at the gym who gets her gear on, carries her log around, lifts properly and is just IN THE ZONE. She's the ONLY girl I ever see during my training time who appears to know what she's doing and seems serious about it. Well the other day I saw her walk by and DUDE, he delts and tris were just SO COOL. I just have watched her every now and then for a couple months and think she is so badass. :cool:

SO I mustered up the *Bunny* courage tonight to approach her between her sets and tell her that she is such an inspiration to me and that her tris and delts are AWESOME and she should be really proud. She smiled SO BIG and I felt so good about telling her. She told me I was really sweet for saying that, and I told her that it's cool to see another girl in the testosterone-pool. She said her friends think she's nuts for working out on the 'boy's side' of the gym with the heavier machinery, etc... and I told her I was always intimidated, but I got over it after awhile. It was so cool!!! I felt popular for a minute and was like "WOW -- look at this confidence I have!!!" :spin:

So those are the cool points of the day. I'll have to tell more tomorrow because this was a N O V E L! :nerd: I blab a lot. :D

Goodnight girlies. I'm giving quizzes ALL DAY tomorrow, so I HOPE to God I can manage to really figure out some sort of pattern to my daily rants here...
:yawn: :sleeping:

I must have been buried today by some other good posts! I'll have to sit back tonight and catch up on all the goods of today.

It's pretty overwhelming coming to Elite as a newbie because you just don't know where to start reading. I'm slowly but surely learning more about each of you ladies and the best way to identify you... but it's tricky. I'm tryin'!

I am SO GLAD it's the weekend. I need some sleep BADLY, and never managed to catch up last weekend because of Mother's Day. I am very much looking forward to lounging around this weekend.

I have WI (weigh-in) tomorrow morning; not sure how it'll go, but I've done all I can this week in terms of working out, lifting, eating right, etc. I had started to develop a dirty ANPB habit as of last weekend... so I kicked it and am refusing to buy it for a long while. I'm stickin' to my guns about this. Honestly, I thought I was crazy, but when *B_* said in earlier that she has the same issues with some foods and just CAN'T keep them around -- I suddenly didn't feel so bad. :D

Anyway... I plan to get in some good cardio and lifting this weekend. I might even go tonight and bike for a bit... we'll see how tired I feel after supper.

So I'm still wondering -- if my knee is still tired... I can manage biking right now on a stationary bike (I'm going to try the elliptical first, though)... but when is it safe to lift lower body again? My routine Curegeo created for me was made with my knees in mind so I don't do anything that requires leg extensions at all... I mostly do squats with the ball, leg press, hamstring curls and good mornings with the barbell. I know GMs would be bad right now and risky... and probably squats too... but should I just leave everything alone -- HELP?

My nutrition for the day:

B at 7:15am: 1/2 c. ff egg substitute
4 turkey sausage links
2 slices ff cheese

L at 10:30am: (usually at 11; school changed the schedule today)
1/2 c. whole wheat macaroni
7 oz chicken breast
3/4 c. tomatoes
1 c. spinach leaves
2 T grated parmesan
1 c. red grapes

S at 1pm:
1.5 c. strawberries

S at 4pm @ home:
1/3 c. almonds

D at 6pm:
5 oz ground sirloin (taco seasoning)
1 c. mushroom slices
1/4 c. diced green pepper
2 slices ff cheese
1 c. red seedless grapes

TOTAL: 44% protein
27% carbs
29% fat

Had a harder time reaching 50% protein today, but as long as I'm above 40, I'm still darn close to 40/30/30.

I don't know what it is about Fridays... but I find myself feeling a little blue once I get home. Maybe I'm crashing from the stress of the week... maybe I'm lonely and want to sit at home at eat (old habit...) so I just find Fri. nights and Saturdays to be a struggle with food unless I'm really busy (which I don't WANT to be -- I need to rest!)

I'm going to the gym. I'll bike for awhile or something... I just need to be out of the apartment and/or chew some gum... bad habits are a bitch. Food was just easier to cope with. I can't believe I'm admitting this to you all... :worried:

T-Cake said:
I'm going to the gym. I'll bike for awhile or something... I just need to be out of the apartment and/or chew some gum... bad habits are a bitch. Food was just easier to cope with. I can't believe I'm admitting this to you all... :worried:
^^ so in the same place, need to get moving .. just WINDING DOWN!!! Oh and about the admittance? I often have to check myself ... Think of it as something to reflect upon and chances are there is someone out there who is afraid to post that feels the same.. helping more than you know ... feel me ? ;)

*Bunny* said:
^^ so in the same place, need to get moving .. just WINDING DOWN!!! Oh and about the admittance? I often have to check myself ... Think of it as something to reflect upon and chances are there is someone out there who is afraid to post that feels the same.. helping more than you know ... feel me ? ;)

Totally felt.

So here is the report from the gym tonight:
* Attempted cardio on a stationary bike -- hit minute 22:30 and I started getting little zings/shocks of slight pain behind my right knee. I STOPPED. It was hard to stop actually... but I'm glad I checked the time. That's the same time I had when I was running last weekend and started to hurt.
* So I managed 22 minutes... and it's ok NOW... I wore my knee bandage... but it was just uncomfortable to keep going.

So I talked to Ulter about it all. New game plan:
* I need to get an MRI for my knee(s). Yeah... not sure how I'll manage this but I have to. He's right, it's a must.
* It seems that walking as exercise is okay for me so long as I'm not on a treadmill. So the new goal is 45 min. of walking outside and hopefully 60 min. if I can get it. I just need to get my cardio back in again.
* Since I lifted upper on Thursday, tomorrow (Sat.) I'll recreate a lower routine and get back into that. Bit of a change of schedule for me b/c now I'm not accomodating for 'cheat' days anymore, but that's no biggie.

Hopefully that works out. The biggest trick now is finding a good spot to walk in this area first thing in the morning outside. If I stay near my apt, it's not all safe at 5am... but my dad lives in a nearby golf community so I think I'll drive there and walk there instead.

I'm exhausted. Again, I blab. :verygood:

:elephant: T-Cake is BACK IN THE GAME! :elephant:

Havin' a decent day today:

WI was this morning. Since last Saturday, I'm up 1.8 lbs... totally impossible scientifically based on what I'm eating, my level of daily activity and my supps and what nots I'm taking... so I'm chalking it up to water weight. Next week I'll be down again, I hope.

Food thus far:
2 scoops ISO-AGB @ 8:30pm with SobeLean

GYM

Post-gym Clif bar at 12:30pm

Lunch: 4 cups medium Greek salad veggies/lettuce with 6 oz chicken breast and 3 T. V&O greek dressing @ 1:00pm

Snack @ 3pm: 1 c. red seedless grapes

:D I am HAPPY because I WORKED OUT today :D

Ulter and I decided last night that it's time for me to redesign my lower body routine to accomodate for my knee. So today I did just that, being careful not to do any moves that fully extend my leg and being careful if there's a risk. Here's what I managed:

7 minute warm-up on stationary bike

Leg Press: --> felt great, no pain.
w120 2 sets x 20 reps
w 130 1 set x 20 reps (was careful to keep seat up close (made sure back was proper form in the seat) and kept my hands on my knees to focus on not extending fully)

Hamstring Curl
w80 2 sets x 15
w 82.5 1 set x 15 (felt great -- no pain)

Good Mornings
BB only 1 set x 12 to refresh myself on proper form
BB+10 2 sets x 10 each (focussed on keeping knees a little flexed and planting my heels , not locking the knees)

Straight Leg Dead Lifts
w30 dbs 3 sets x 15 (just a little chicken here with this move because 'straight leg' isn't something I totally want... haha. kept knees flexed - a hard thing for me to focus on, but I guess the injury will teach me better form and to slow down and be careful)

Ab work:
Crunches on ab ball 2 sets x 30
Declined situps 2 sets x 20 --> OMG, I LOVE THESE. Never done them before and here I'm thinking I've been missing out.

AFTER THE LIFT... I managed a 60 minutes (4.3 miles) walk outside. Kept my knee brace on the entire time and I felt so good to just break a little sweat and be active again.

SO the plan is to keep up the low-impact walks daily, aim for 30 min. minimum but truly get to 60 as long as I'm not in pain. It wasn't a problem to get 60 in today so I don't see why it'll be otherwise.

Knees feel fine as of now. Came home from the gym and they were tender but eventually felt suddenly stronger... but I still took some aspirin and I still iced each knee in the back for 30 min. a piece and then I iced my shins for the same amount of time to make sure I don't get shin splints, but I think I'm okay! :spin: Hooray!!! :spin:

Top Bottom