Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

T-Cake's 2006 Log

T-Cake said:
My shin splint/knee injury hurts like hell right now... I'd give anything to just heal tomorrow so I can stop feeling like a quitter. Argh.
:qt:
Hello! Suggestion would be to stop running on your broken knee! How does an injury heal if you keep pounding on it and reinjuring it? Have you seen a doctor, or massage therapist? Have you been icing it and taking anti-inflammatories? When an injury occurs the fastest way to stay working out is giving it some time to heal... You could make matters a lot worse then they are if you don't. Just some advice, but I'm glad to hear about your weight loss, and you don't live that far from me either!

treilin said:
Hello! Suggestion would be to stop running on your broken knee! How does an injury heal if you keep pounding on it and reinjuring it? Have you seen a doctor, or massage therapist? Have you been icing it and taking anti-inflammatories? When an injury occurs the fastest way to stay working out is giving it some time to heal... You could make matters a lot worse then they are if you don't. Just some advice, but I'm glad to hear about your weight loss, and you don't live that far from me either!

Yes! An "A-ha!" moment there. You are SO RIGHT, and I am just an idiot for trying to keep pushing it. I understand that I need to rest it; I think I just keep thinking I'm healed earlier than I actually am. Here's what I've done so far about it:

It started hurting 2 weeks ago; I pinpointed my cardio as the cause, so I stopped doing that and only lifted upper body. So... went a week without cardio... then hopped on an elliptical to 'test the waters'... had pain within 2 minutes. Tried just walking on a treadmill uphill -- that was somewhat better because I had leverage on which way to bend my knee. But again... that was on a Sunday and I gave myself a week off.

LAST Sunday I managed 30 minutes of cardio and was fine. I felt fine prior to the exercise and a little tender afterward. The next morning I woke up to try and do my 5am cardio (my "normal") and my knee was swollen. Put the brace on and wore it for a few days off and on. Felt normal again... managed 15 min. of walking at the gym last Thursday. I was FINE. It felt good, nothing crazy. SO I didn't do anything -- rested Fri. and Sat... and then Sunday I ran because I thought I was ok (jogged... not ran; went easy, barely got my heartrate up) and sure enough... today I hurt.

As of this morning, I woke up and now I can'd determine what hurts more -- the shin splints I've gained or the muscle soreness from running outside for the first time in eons. Yes, I pushed hard. I know it was a mistake.

I'm just getting really impatient.

Here is my epiphany of the moment: Why am I in such a rush to get back to cardio?
1) I'm afraid my losses will stop if I don't (although Ulter assures me my diet and supps won't allow that to happen at this point... did I mention I'm also on T3 and just started a "cycle" last week? Yeah... forgot to mention that...)

2) I haven't had a cheat day since Easter Sunday, aside from a little chocolate mousse and a chocolate covered strawberry yesterday on Mother's Day and last Saturday chaperoning senior prom. As healthy as I am... as healthy as I eat -- I'm starting to think like a deprived fat girl again. :( I miss a day of ice cream as my treat for working hard.

3) I don't get my cheat day back until my training is up and running... I go to the grocery story feeling sorry for myself more often now because I don't have those splurges to look forward to. It's just habitual bad-thinking... I don't "deserve" to treat my body like a garbage can for junk food. I'm smarter than that... but part of me is missing something (probably missing Ulter most...) and is wanting food to fill that void. Without the exercise to kill my appetite, I am REALLY struggling.

That is my honest truth of the day. Any words of kindness are appreciated.

Gymgurl -- The supps have made a HUGE difference with the weight loss. I STALLED OUT at 185 for 10 months... and now I'm rollin' fierce again. I'm not supps-dependent -- I use them the right way with my lifestyle, but my dad, too, has lost 35 lbs since Feb. as well by taking them. It's a lifesaver. He can't say enough about how it's helped his insulin release and losses.

Que -- Heck yeah, RF is killer. ;)

Time to go yell at some kids... *flexes* Watch out, kiddies... T-Cake's on the loose...

Just stopping by to say hello :wavey:
Im new to EF and these logs are an inspiration for me. Keep up the good work and congrats on reaching so far.

Looking forward to reading more of your progress. :twirl:

T-Cake said:
Yes! An "A-ha!" moment there. You are SO RIGHT, and I am just an idiot for trying to keep pushing it. I understand that I need to rest it; I think I just keep thinking I'm healed earlier than I actually am. Here's what I've done so far about it:

It started hurting 2 weeks ago; I pinpointed my cardio as the cause, so I stopped doing that and only lifted upper body. So... went a week without cardio... then hopped on an elliptical to 'test the waters'... had pain within 2 minutes. Tried just walking on a treadmill uphill -- that was somewhat better because I had leverage on which way to bend my knee. But again... that was on a Sunday and I gave myself a week off.

LAST Sunday I managed 30 minutes of cardio and was fine. I felt fine prior to the exercise and a little tender afterward. The next morning I woke up to try and do my 5am cardio (my "normal") and my knee was swollen. Put the brace on and wore it for a few days off and on. Felt normal again... managed 15 min. of walking at the gym last Thursday. I was FINE. It felt good, nothing crazy. SO I didn't do anything -- rested Fri. and Sat... and then Sunday I ran because I thought I was ok (jogged... not ran; went easy, barely got my heartrate up) and sure enough... today I hurt.

As of this morning, I woke up and now I can'd determine what hurts more -- the shin splints I've gained or the muscle soreness from running outside for the first time in eons. Yes, I pushed hard. I know it was a mistake.

I'm just getting really impatient.

Here is my epiphany of the moment: Why am I in such a rush to get back to cardio?
1) I'm afraid my losses will stop if I don't (although Ulter assures me my diet and supps won't allow that to happen at this point... did I mention I'm also on T3 and just started a "cycle" last week? Yeah... forgot to mention that...)

2) I haven't had a cheat day since Easter Sunday, aside from a little chocolate mousse and a chocolate covered strawberry yesterday on Mother's Day and last Saturday chaperoning senior prom. As healthy as I am... as healthy as I eat -- I'm starting to think like a deprived fat girl again. :( I miss a day of ice cream as my treat for working hard.

3) I don't get my cheat day back until my training is up and running... I go to the grocery story feeling sorry for myself more often now because I don't have those splurges to look forward to. It's just habitual bad-thinking... I don't "deserve" to treat my body like a garbage can for junk food. I'm smarter than that... but part of me is missing something (probably missing Ulter most...) and is wanting food to fill that void. Without the exercise to kill my appetite, I am REALLY struggling.

That is my honest truth of the day. Any words of kindness are appreciated.

Gymgurl -- The supps have made a HUGE difference with the weight loss. I STALLED OUT at 185 for 10 months... and now I'm rollin' fierce again. I'm not supps-dependent -- I use them the right way with my lifestyle, but my dad, too, has lost 35 lbs since Feb. as well by taking them. It's a lifesaver. He can't say enough about how it's helped his insulin release and losses.

Que -- Heck yeah, RF is killer. ;)

Time to go yell at some kids... *flexes* Watch out, kiddies... T-Cake's on the loose...
Hmmm I dunno about the whole treadmill incline thing. You said you hyperextended your knee.... and yet you are walking on an inlcine which kinda pushes your knee towards hyperextension... or makes it more likely especially if injured. I would suggest riding the stationary bike first. Obviously icing, and taking ibuprofen. You can take ibuprofen beforehand to ward of any swelling that could happen, ice afterwards 15 min and then heat 15 minutes... Anti-inflammatories again if needed. You have come a long way to screw yourself up worse. Give yourself a little break in that respect... At the same time think about the effects ice cream will have on your system. Yeah it tastes good, but a taste lasts only a moment, the effects last a life-time. So as I do.... avoid the aisle, when anyone mentions a food you used to think was awesome say out loud discusting, and quit throwing a pity party. It's only going to make you give in sooner, faster, and more often. It's a battle with most anybody to eat and lead a clean life-style. Only you are in control of your own fate when it comes to diet and exercise. Look around and you can see how most people feel not only about fitness but their self-esteem. They get enjoyment out of every food particle they shove in their mouth. It comes a time when you have to weigh the pro's and con's... What's more important : the now gratitude or the life-long gratification to what you have done for yourself and for your family?
Again I'm not saying cheating is off the record.... By no means. Maybe cheating is a wrong term to use?!? Maybe it's a mental game that the word needs to be changed to something less sinical like golden opportunity.... I dunno.
At any rate you are on the right path just keep moving down it :heart:

Hey T-Cake! I checked out your site - WOW, you've made A LOT of progress so far! Congratulations!!!! :rose:

That smile of yours will def. light up a room! Seems to be a common denominator with teachers (see hotteacher's photos). Special breed! :)

Well, it's ABOUT TIME you finally do this log thing!!! lol

treilin said:
Hmmm I dunno about the whole treadmill incline thing. You said you hyperextended your knee.... and yet you are walking on an inlcine which kinda pushes your knee towards hyperextension... or makes it more likely especially if injured. I would suggest riding the stationary bike first. Obviously icing, and taking ibuprofen. You can take ibuprofen beforehand to ward of any swelling that could happen, ice afterwards 15 min and then heat 15 minutes... Anti-inflammatories again if needed. You have come a long way to screw yourself up worse. Give yourself a little break in that respect... At the same time think about the effects ice cream will have on your system. Yeah it tastes good, but a taste lasts only a moment, the effects last a life-time. So as I do.... avoid the aisle, when anyone mentions a food you used to think was awesome say out loud discusting, and quit throwing a pity party. It's only going to make you give in sooner, faster, and more often. It's a battle with most anybody to eat and lead a clean life-style. Only you are in control of your own fate when it comes to diet and exercise. Look around and you can see how most people feel not only about fitness but their self-esteem. They get enjoyment out of every food particle they shove in their mouth. It comes a time when you have to weigh the pro's and con's... What's more important : the now gratitude or the life-long gratification to what you have done for yourself and for your family?
Again I'm not saying cheating is off the record.... By no means. Maybe cheating is a wrong term to use?!? Maybe it's a mental game that the word needs to be changed to something less sinical like golden opportunity.... I dunno.
At any rate you are on the right path just keep moving down it :heart:

You are SO RIGHT. I'm tellin' ya', THIS is why I find it really important for me to be on these boards now and start a log. Like I've said, I LOVE LOVE my WWer girls... but if I mention things about ice cream or temptation... the subject of "moderation" will come up... and "there's always tomorrow." Granted -- it's a great mental strategy -- but I just need another side of the story: women to say 'Hey -- it's NOT worth it! Don't do it... you've worked too hard for it.' At least you seem to understand why I just CAN'T be near certain foods, you know? Caving to things like that can be mentally crushing to me at times, so thank you for pointing all that out.

As for the incline on the treadmill, I just meant a little one, nothing too crazy. If it was too parallel to the floor, then my knee was pushing too far BACK. I'm actually thinking this injury stemmed from an interval training run I did way back in February. During my sprints, I threw my knee out too FORWARD and since then it has been playing tricks on me. I'm nursin' it today, I promise. Still going to do upper body lift tonight, but I'll wear my knee brace and be real careful. That doesn't seem to aggravate it.

scorpiogirl said:
Hey T-Cake! I checked out your site - WOW, you've made A LOT of progress so far! Congratulations!!!!

That smile of yours will def. light up a room! Seems to be a common denominator with teachers (see hotteacher's photos). Special breed!

Well, it's ABOUT TIME you finally do this log thing!!! lol

Awww, thank you!!! :) I actually need to get some photos in my gallery here. We took pictures during Mother's Day yesterday, and I was looking at them last night and showing them to Ulter. I said to him, "OMG, when did I get hot?!" Even this morning, my dad emailed me some more... holy cow, I can't believe that's ME!!! Egads! Go me. :)

Even if I can't train as hard as I want right now... as least I'm still lookin' good!

Your pics are amazing T-Cake! :)

Nice work gurl!

Did you ever specifically list what you were eating? Esp to cause a stall out?

And what 'cycle' are you on? & why?

She just started T3. She's got family history of thyroid problems and has symptoms of the same thing and 5mg of Oxandrolone to offset LBM loss. It'll probably go until she can do cardio again at least and maybe another 6 weeks.

Ulter said:
She just started T3. She's got family history of thyroid problems and has symptoms of the same thing and 5mg of Oxandrolone to offset LBM loss. It'll probably go until she can do cardio again at least and maybe another 6 weeks.
Hiya T-Cake nice to meet ya ... ;) *edit* what is the oxandrolone & why use it?

------------------------------

T-Cake .. diet info por favor :rose:

Diet tweakage will help re-assure Ulter's telling you that you'll be fine without the cardio ... esp if the diet is in check :) & until you can hit it hard again gurl ....

:)

Top Bottom