Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

T-Cake's 2006 Log

Ulter said:
It'll be easier for you once your life is back to a predictable and normal schedule. It's hard to be consistant in your training when things around you are not. You're doing a great job of holding it together. I'm looking forward to your move. That will change a lot of this for you.
^^ Ain't that the truth ... hang in there Cake .. you're kicking some major booty girl :)

Great job with the updates ... :D

*Bunny* said:
^^ Ain't that the truth ... hang in there Cake .. you're kicking some major booty girl :)

Great job with the updates ... :D
Thanks for the kudos. :rose: Always awesome coming from the best!

Ulter said:
It'll be easier for you once your life is back to a predictable and normal schedule. It's hard to be consistant in your training when things around you are not. You're doing a great job of holding it together. I'm looking forward to your move. That will change a lot of this for you.
LY too :rose: You're so right.

Saturday, June 3, 2006
Today was so off-kilter because I had to be at work ALL DAY, which is something that never happens in teaching. On my way home from work, I had this raging bitchiness that was just awful... I ended up sleeping on my couch for 2.5 hours. I think my body and mind are just exhausted.

I am tempted to slip up this week -- way more than usual -- and it's really frustrating me. I had my run-in with the chocolate fondue yesterday... and today it was 2 marshmallows and a graham cracker. Total processed sugar that I had to 'confess' to Ulter... and I just felt horrible about it. Then I got home all depressed, feeling like a failure... and I wanted to binge on a Clif bar. Yeah -- totally stupid. I don't know what has come over me as of late -- but something is wanting me to sabotage myself. I keep thinking it's deprivation... but it's more like rebellion, but I don't know against what.

That being said, after my nap I had some grapes... then went to the gym to lift lower body, even though I didn't want to at all. I was going to skip my walk afterward... but ended up saying I'd do 30 minutes. I made it the whole hour It was great, and I really thought long and hard about how I just need to GET REAL about my addiction to food and sugar. It's really not a light matter.

I felt empowered by my lift and cardio, as well as my all-protein 4th meal at 9:30pm when I finally got home.

:heart:If you have any words of encouragement for me on food addiction and how to get this nagging 'I'm deprived and I want junk' feeling to go away... please help me. I need encouragement SO BADLY right now.:heart:

Finally -- at my WW weigh-in this morning I was 166.8 lbs -- I have lost 18.2 lbs since Feb. 2 now and I have lost a total of 93.2 lbs since I was 19.:arty: It was awesome to see the scale DOWN significantly; I just wish it had brightened my spirits some. 6.5 to go until the 100 LBS LOST MARK. So damn cool :D

Nutrition for Today
B @ 7:30am
1/2 c. egg substitute, ff
2 slices ff cheese
4 turkey sausage links

S @ 11:45am
1 c. red seedless grapes

L @ 12:30pm
Quizno's -- 4 c. salad greens with 1/2 c. tomatoes, 8 oz. chicken breast, 2 T cheddar, and 1/2 c. red onion (ordered the Honey Mustard CHicken salad w/o bacon, btw, and changed the dressing b/c HM is too high in carbs)
Dressing -- 2 T red wine vinegrette
3/4 portion of low-carb flat bread

"S"/cheat @ 2:30pm
1 graham cracker rectangle
2 large marshmallows

S @ 7pm - post nap
0.5 c. red seedless grapes

D @ 9:30pm
0.5 c. egg substitute
2 slices ff cheese
2 turkey sausage links

TOTALS
1600 calories
47% p / 25% c / 27% f (Nice work considering my sugar issue)

Training Log
Lower Body + Abs

Leg Press
w120 2 sets x 25
w140 1 set x 20

Hamstring Curls
w82.5 3 sets x 15

Leg Extensions NEW SINCE MY INJURY
w30 1 set x 25
w45 2 sets x 25 (will do 3 sets on 45 next time)

Hamstring Dead Lifts
30 dbs 1 set x 15 (too easy; not enough strain on hams)
35 dbs 1 set x 15, 1 set x 5 (KILLS my hands; my hands are just too tiny and can't grip and hold 35s for that long -- I need to give up HDLs all together and only do good mornings; just need to kick some stupid 'use-squat-rack-as-curl-bar' asses out of the way)

Ab Work
Declined sit-ups 2 sets x 25, 1 set x 20
Crunches on ball 2 sets x 30
Obliques on mat 1 set x 20 per side I need a new oblique workout!!! Suggestions, please!

Then, like I said, I walked 60 minutes outside (4.3 mph pace). Tomorrow is upper body and then more cardio.

Goodnight all :wavey:

T-Cake, I'm guilty of not reading your log before now, but WOW!!! You are a STAR!

1) Teacher of the Year!!
2) Multiple job offers!!
3) Almost 100 lbs. lost!!

GREAT job!

Sooo......are you coming to the July show (Treilin's)?

nelmsjer said:
T-Cake, I'm guilty of not reading your log before now, but WOW!!! You are a STAR!

1) Teacher of the Year!!
2) Multiple job offers!!
3) Almost 100 lbs. lost!!

GREAT job!

Sooo......are you coming to the July show (Treilin's)?
Awww, thanks for the compliments! :heart: Super nice of you. :) Yes, I've definitely had my fair share of hard times and I've had to bust my butt to get where I'm at today with ALL three of those things, especially #3. I have 6.5 lbs to do until the 100 lb mark... I want it real bad now.

Sunday, June 4, 2006
Today went real well with both training and food. I managed to have breakfast out at a family-owned restaurant that doesn't serve ANYTHING healthy and I wasn't afraid of slipping up anymore. I was avoiding that place like the plague for awhile, but I'm much more in control now than I was a couple months ago.

During my walk, I realized just how much clarity I get during that hour. It makes it so much easier to get goin' with it, and usually I don't even want to stop.

Below are my stats for my nutrition, my training today, AND MY MEASURMENTS which I have never posted before. To keep it short, I will only post where I was on Feb 2. when I started training with Ulter's help... and today's measurements. Side-by-side comparison. :D

Nutrition
B @ 9am
0.75 c. egg substitute
1 c. grilled chicken breast
4 tomato slices
4 turkey sausage links
32 oz. water

L @ 1:30 @ Papa Vino's (with my brother)
1 grilled salmon fillet (7 oz)
0.75 c. linguine
2" square of bread
1 tablespoon of olive oil (in pasta)

S @ 4pm
1.5 c. strawberries

D @ 6pm
2 Don Marco "healthy torillas"
1/2 c. red onion
1 T garlic, shopped
1 c. raw spinach
2 plum tomatoes, chopped
1/2 c. fat free cheese (1/2 mozzarella, 1/2 cheddar)
Made quesadillas after I sauteed all the veggies together -- SUPER good! Also great if you do spinach with tomatoes, feta, and mashed chickpeas/garbanzo beans and garlic. Just an idea!
10 small strawberries

S @ 10pm
SF orange Jell-o

TOTALS
1588 calories
49% p / 23% c / 28% f

Training Log
UPPER BODY + ABs

Inclined Bench Press
15dbs 2 sets x 25
20dbs 1 set x 12
*All incline 5; great sets.

Upright Rows
15dbs 2 sets x 25
20dbs 1 set x 10
*REALLY CRAZY DIFFICULT, but felt very effective. Still aimin' for 12 reps with 20s...

Lat Pulldowns
w75 black bar 2 sets x 15 (BARELY made it to 15 on set 2)
w80 black bar 1 set x 10 (Journal reads, "HOLY F*CK")
*These KILLED -- silver bar is a wider grip than the black one so it's always easier... any thoughts on whether one grip is better than the other? Should I rotate them?

Horizontal Lat Rows
w35 3 sets x 15
*Felt AWESOME! Closed my eyes and grunted my way through it; awesome.

Tricep Cable Pushdown
w35 2 sets x 15
1 set x 13
*REALLY close to 15s for all three sets! These were killer! Lots of grunting and throwin' it down again.

Bicep Work
Switched back to the "girl" dbs with the smaller, more manageable grips
20 dbs wrist rotation curls 1 set x 20
hammer curls 1 set x 15
straight curls 1 set x 8
15 dbs straight curls 1 set x 20 (Again, compensating for weakness...)

At this point, my upper body was BURNT OUT. I know I had a great workout, but again, it was mentally exhausting because every set I'd tell myself "You can do one more rep..." I don't know what got into me.

Ab Work
1 set declined sit-ups of 25
2 sets x 20 each side -- oblique dips/leans with 25 lb plate
I really wanted today to see how I'd do with these today; nothing crazy with ab work because I did it yesterday, but I wanted to try something for obliques since I feel they need more of a workout.

CARDIO: 1:05 walk outside -- 4.4 miles around the city block where my gym is.

MEASURMENT SIDE-BY-SIDE

March 7, '06 June 4, '06 TOTAL Loss
Weight: 178 Weight: 166 Weight: -12 lbs
Chest: 37.5" Chest: 35" Chest: -2.5"
Waist: 38" Waist: 35" Waist: -3"
Hips: 45" Hips: 41.5" Hips: -3.5"
Thigh: 27.5" Thigh: 24.5" Thigh: -3"

TOTAL INCHES LOST: 24 INCHES :arty: That is INSANE!!!

Nice note to end this on. :D :wavey:

T-Cake said:
LY too :rose: You're so right.

Hope to meet you at Treil's show if you're still in town.
Nelms is right.. you have so many things to be proud of .. and yet another ... Great job on the 24 inches :rose:

*Bunny* said:
Hope to meet you at Treil's show if you're still in town.
Nelms is right.. you have so many things to be proud of .. and yet another ... Great job on the 24 inches :rose:

Thanks, girl. :heart: Not sure about the show in July; all depends on when I have new job orientation and how close it is to the start of school.

I'm finishing up at my current school this week, flying down to Fl again on Saturday to find an apartment and get furniture, and then hopefully I'll be moved down by the 30th of June. School starts in FL July 31st -- so really my "summer" this year is only 5 to 6 weeks.

No stress or anything :qt:

Awkward moment of the day by the way:

Me: Instructs class on what to do during the hour today, how to study for finals tomorrow, etc. "Any questions?"

Student Raises hand, I call on him. 10th grade boy.

Student: "Miss T., you're the hottest teacher in this school ever, you know that?"

Me: "Um... okay. What do you want?" <Note sarcasm -- Flattery gets them nowhere>

Yeah -- STRANGE. :p

Gymgurl said:
Please come if you can! There will be a bunch of us from here!!
Absolutely, of course. It all comes down to the two universal issues: Time and money.

I've already flown to FL twice in the last month and still have to pay for my move, which is going to be a HUGE expense. If I can fly to Detroit again for it, I will... but I just can't make any promises. :( Of course, you have to know I'd be there if I were staying in Detroit.

By the way -- can I just say that I just told a kid in the cafeteria that I'd throw him? Yeah -- last day of school with a full schedule, and these two 9th graders (a boy and a girl) are, like, fake wrestling and throwing against the wall... so I walked over, told them I'd throw them so far their heads would spin, to shut the hell up and grow up already because -- hellooooo -- it's been a year and it's time. :qt:

God that felt good. A-holes. So glad I don't have to do that duty anymore ever... way too tempting to hurt someone now that I know I have the physical capability to do so. :evil: :verygood:

WE??? Am I missing something darlin....LOL I am blonde ya know! You guys a couple...Okay GG none of your business..hey is this why your moving to florida

Top Bottom