Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

T-Cake's 2006 Log

Congrats on the Teacher of the Year!!

congrats-c.gif

Thank you everyone! :rose::rose::rose::rose: Super nice of you all! :D

I'll have to update my food for the last couple days tomorrow. Been sticking around 1600 cals despite some suger/hypo issues I had today a couple times. I was hit pretty hard by it after I walked an hour outside with Ulter this morning -- then I took 2 CB in the midday and I just didn't have enough carbs to back it up. My body is burning carbs like crazy right now.

Meant to get lower body in tonight, but Ulter and I walked to the gym to find it CLOSED early for Memorial Day. Grrrr. :mad: Oh well.

Like I said, I'll update all my stuff tomorrow. Ratios have been pretty good, so no crazy worries yet. I fly home tomorrow night so I think I need to spend some time now watching basketball with you-know-who. :heart:

G'night for now. :wavey:

T-Cake said:
Thank you everyone! :rose::rose::rose::rose: Super nice of you all! :D

I'll have to update my food for the last couple days tomorrow. Been sticking around 1600 cals despite some suger/hypo issues I had today a couple times. I was hit pretty hard by it after I walked an hour outside with Ulter this morning -- then I took 2 CB in the midday and I just didn't have enough carbs to back it up. My body is burning carbs like crazy right now.

Meant to get lower body in tonight, but Ulter and I walked to the gym to find it CLOSED early for Memorial Day. Grrrr. :mad: Oh well.

Like I said, I'll update all my stuff tomorrow. Ratios have been pretty good, so no crazy worries yet. I fly home tomorrow night so I think I need to spend some time now watching basketball with you-know-who. :heart:

G'night for now. :wavey:
Congrats on teacher of the year... and a good holiday weekend! :heart:

Congrats, T-Cake! :rose:

Looking good in here! Sounds like you are throroughly enjoying yourself with "you know who." :heart:

Have a safe trip home!

:wavey: Yes, I'm alive, I swear.

So where the hell have I been? Um, well.

I got back from FL on Tuesday night, and then I've been so dang busy at work the last few days getting the kids ready for final exams, filling in missing assignments, checking in textbooks -- I swear, every morning I'm like, "Today I will post on Elite!" and again... more time is stolen from me.

I'm still on the right path and all is well. I'll update my routines and food logs in a post later on. My life is just crazy right now! It's making me loopy. :p

Tonight my seniors are graduating; they are such a sweet bunch! It's just been a longggg day and I have a longggg night ahead of me. Did I mention that I also have a mandatory not-paid work day all day tomorrow too on a Saturday? Yeah -- "grrr". :mad:

Anyway, I won't be home until 11 tonight... and then I won't get to post til probably tomorrow sometime during the day. But yes, I'm alive.

On a fun note -- I GOT A JOB IN FLORIDA! :arty:

Super happy about it. I'll be teaching a great A-ranked school teaching 7th and 8th grade science. So super pumped about it. Next step is to finish the school year here and then fly back down to find an apartment.

Weigh in last week I was 168.8, so that makes a total of 16.2 lbs lost since Feb. 2 of this year. Not too shabby. I think I'd lose faster if I wasn't gaining so much muscle, but I'm not going to complain! My arms look KILLER!!! :qt:

Later! :heart:

Forget waiting to update -- I just found out I have some time to kill!

T-Cake's MEGA UPDATE!

Nutritional Updates
Here are all my fitday stats from when I was gone.

Sunday, May 28, 2006
1585 calories
32% p / 39% c / 30% f
Yeah, this was the only day in FL that I wasn't all that pleased with, but I had dinner with Ulter and had been craving sweets forever. I had some cobbler with dinner, so my calories were still okay, but my ratio was off. I felt bad about it later; wasn't worth it.

Monday, May 29, 2006 -- Memorial Day
1604 calories
36% p / 32% c / 32% f
HORRIBLE day in terms of overheating and blood sugar! I have been taking 2 capsules of CB at lunch too and as the weather has gotten hotter both in MI and in FL, my body is just not liking all this heat. I think, however, that it's not the CB causing my struggles but rather my SUGAR levels. I drank so much damn Gatorade this day because no matter what I was eating, I just felt lightheaded and worn out. Not fun -- but I managed to keep a decent ratio and compensate at dinner for the mishaps. VERY IMPORTANT that I just didn't let myself overload on carbs "just because."

Tuesday, May 30, 2006
1550 calories
40% p / 34% c / 26% f
DEFINITELY more of a characteristic day for me, even though I was travelling home and doing some more interviews. The day was SUPER long, but I still managed to plan ahead for the airport and the plane ride by having LOTS of ISO-AGB shakes and some eggs when I got home at 11pm that night. Saved my butt and my ratios.

Wednesday, May 31, 2006
1689 calories
50% p / 20% c / 30% f
Back to work today and regimen is GREAT for me. Went over calories because I didn't plan ahead for a post-workout/lift ISO shake. Grrrr. :mad: Oh well -- GREAT ratio at 50% protein (that is actually my current daily goal, and I've been slipping with it lately and settling for 40% -- WEAK, T-Cake -- WEAK!) Had a great lifting session for upper body and totally KICKED MY ASS. I'll post that separately.

Thursday, June 1, 2006
1511 calories
48% p / 21% c / 31% f
Decent day all around. No worries or anything special.

Friday, June 2, 2006 -- TODAY
1577 calories
42% p / 33% c / 25% f
LONG day, and the seniors had their GRADUATION BREAKFAST this morning with a CHOCOLATE FOUNTAIN!!! :arty: Yeah, I know... terrible. But I swear I've been craving chocolate fondue for months now so since it was here, I had some. However, VICTORY for me because 1) I logged it HONESTLY into fitday and 2) I didn't allow myself to sneak/cheat eat it. I was accountable. :D Dinner tonight is a 1/2 white chicken w/o skin from Boston Market and a serving of green beans. I just have to pay the price for indulging during the day, but WI is tomorrow morning, so that is incentive to keep my mouth SHUT!!! :p

Exercise/Lifting Update
* Cardio is now 60 minutes walking outside first thing in the morning on an empty stomach. I did this nearly every day when in FL (even with Ulter -- very cute) and I've done it every day I've been home. I'm really enjoying it more than I thought -- I actually THINK and have more clarity during these walks than when I was doing HIIT on the elliptical.
* Knee status -- Knees are still weird. They're okay during the day but REALLY tired and achy when done with those walks, but I make it with good form.
* When in FL, I lifted the same upper body routine I posted last on here, but didn't keep a log because I left my journal at home in MI! :mad:

T-Cake's Upper Body Lift for May 31
I was SO SORE and really felt exhausted when I was done. Biggest note in my log I wrote was, "MENTAL WORKOUT AND PUSH."

Inclined Bench Press
15 dbs incline 4 = 1 set x 25 (too easy)
15 dbs incline 5 = 1 set x 26 (BEST incline! My pecs and arms are CRAZY POPPING OUT NOW! :arty:)
20 dbs incline 5 = 1 set x 10

Upright Rows
15 dbs = 2 sets x 20
20 dbs = 1 set x 10 (Goal here is to do this until I can reach 12 reps)

Lat Pulldowns
w75 2 sets x 15
w80 1 set x 6 (Goal here is to reach at least 8-10 reps with 80)

Horizontal Lat Rows
w35 3 sets x 15 (Changed seat position and now it's MUCH better form and grip and results!)

Tricep Cable Pushdown
w35 2 sets x 15, 1 set x 12 (Goal here is 3 sets of 15 -- I made faces here I didn't know I had... and threw that sucker down when done. I was MAXED. To quote what I wrote in my journal, "OMFG")

Bicep Curls
Used the BOY grip (wider grips) dbs instead -- OW!
20 dbs 1 set x 8 wrist rotation curls
1 set x 8 hammer curls
1 set x 5 straight arm curls
15 dbs 1 set x 15 straight curls (Felt I needed to compensate for my weakness with the 20s on straight curls)

Ab Work
Inclined Sit-ups = 2 sets x 25
Crunches on the Ball = 1 set x 30
Crunches on the Mat = 1 set x 30
Obliques on the Mat = 1 set x 20 on each side

That should end my MEGA UPDATE! So glad that is out of the way!

:wavey: Off I go to see my seniors gragimitate! :heart::rose::D

It'll be easier for you once your life is back to a predictable and normal schedule. It's hard to be consistant in your training when things around you are not. You're doing a great job of holding it together. I'm looking forward to your move. That will change a lot of this for you.

Top Bottom