Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Sweet Potatoes - How to cook?

Gladiola

I usually peel, slice in thick pieces, & bake with a little water in the bottom of the pan, than mash with cinnamon & nutmeg. What a pain! I rarely do that. There's gotta be an easier way!

I found a reciepe for doing sweet potato sticks - cut them length wise in quarters in cover in olive oil mixed with paprika, then bake, but I really don't like the skin & the layer right underneath - very unappetizing.

Regular baking potato & red potato skin I actually LIKE & eat, but that yucky brown gunk under the skin on yams - ick!

So how do you prepare them?

Cut in quarters, throw in a pot with water and boil until soft. Peel the skin, place on a dish pour olive oil and diced garlic on top and ENJOY!!!!!!!

I use a recipe from the looneyspoons cookbook sometimes. It's basically chip like slices coated with egg sub., wheat bread crumbs and fat free parm cheese and some herbs and then bake.

Otherwise I just bake them whole. I hate all nuked potatoes.

Chunk up 3-4 oz, wrap in saran wrap until meal time at work. Toss in the microwave for 2-3 min, eat.

I poke a hole and put em in the microwave for 15 minutes..then i add a tbsp of butter...cinnamon and equal.......sweet potato pie:)

Put a little Pam in the bottom of the pan and cook in slices, or wrap in foil with a few fork holes poked through the skin and eat whole. Sometimes I boil them until they're soft, and mash them up with some tofu for protein. Add in steamed broccoli florets for extra fiber and vitamins.

I love SWEET POTATOES..YUMMY

I'm with the rest of the ladies..I just nuke em! I use FRESH nutmeg to grat on 'em as well...nothing else!

In regards to regular potatoes- Idaho's. I found a recipe that rocks if you have a craving for 'tater chips without all the grease and salt!

You slice the Idaho's VERY thin(leave the skins on)....Spray cookie sheet with some Olive oil or non-fat cooking spray. Heat oven to 400 degrees.Let the taters become real crispy(YOU MUST TURN THEM OVER DURING COOKING TIME)KEEP A CLOSE EYE ON 'EM DURING COOKING TIME! Once they become as crispy as you like..remove from oven and eat. I like to sprinkle a bit of Chile powder over them for some spice.

nuke for 5minutes...

or get Bruce's sugar free canned yams...lol

OR babyfood sweet potatoes.. (only adds water)

dg

Top Bottom