Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

sweet potato fart

stefanyG

My husband and I are following the same diet for fat loss, and we switch from white potatoes to sweet, but they make us fart too much, anyone here has the same problem with sweet potatoes? thank you.

That's really uncommon. Sweet potatoes digest really well for most people. I suspect the increase in gas isn't from the sweet potatoes themselves but from the fact that you increased your fibre and protein consumption in your daily diet.

[FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal]I am a big advocate digestive enzymes, psyllium husk and probiotics as digestive health supplements.[/FONT]
[FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal]

Take a high quality probiotic first thing every morning with a glass of lemon water before breakfast. Look for a probiotic supplement that is stored in the fridge. Remember that probiotics are a live bacteria and a product stored at room temperature will have a greatly reduced potency. A good probiotic supplement shouldn't be cheap.

Supplement with digestive enzymes with 2-3 meals per day. In particular look for the digestive enzymes proteases and peptidases, as these enzymes split proteins into small peptides and individual amino acids.

Psyllium husk is the highest natural food source of soluble fibre you can obtain. The majority of the fibre you intake from your daily diet is insoluble fibre. The key benefit of soluble fibre is that soluble fibre absorbs water in your stomach and creates a gel. It gives your intestines a sort of 'internal scrubbing' as it passes through. It will help keep you regular and the faster you can remove toxins from your body, the less likely they are to be re-absorbed.

[/FONT]

I would bet it has to do with another part of your diet. Chances are you are consuming a high amount of protein which can lead to this. Are you consuming any dairy such as a whey protein shake?

My husband and I are following the same diet for fat loss, and we switch from white potatoes to sweet, but they make us fart too much, anyone here has the same problem with sweet potatoes? thank you.
Certain foods like Sweet Potato, beans, onions, and garlic are rich in polysaccharides (Polysaccharides are relatively complex carbohydrates). They are the culprits which produces fart.

Top Bottom