Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

SuperQT’s staying the course log…

superqt4u2nv said:
Seems my sciatica is acting up don't think I stretched enough this AM. Hope I can get in with my chiro soon going to juggle somethings as fat chance of me doing my sprint plyos tomorrow move them to Saturday to go with the track work. Might go for a bike in the AM depending on how my glute feels. Been about a month since my last ajustment guess I am do.

what are you doing to stretch? static stretches only? any foam rolling?

bignate73 said:
what are you doing to stretch? static stretches only? any foam rolling?
I am going to have to go with a no on the foam rolling since I don't even know what it is. Explain please ;)

No cardio this AM hoping I am good to go for two sessions tomorrow that is providing my chiro fits me in. No gym tonight cause I go to an information session for the force. :elephant:

8:00
4 lean ground beef
grapefruit

10:00
1 oz almonds

12:00
1/2 whole wheat bagel
4 oz chicken breast
2 cups cucumber
diet pepsie
1 liter water

2:00
1/2 whole wheat bagel
4 oz chicken breast
diet pepsie

4:00
4 oz tuna
green apple
1 liter water

6:00
2 hard boild eggs
1 liter water

1 oz almonds

9:45
1/2 c ff cottage cheese

Calories Eaten Today
grams cals %total
Total: 1717
Fat: 63 563 34%
Sat: 8 75 5%
Poly: 11 102 6%
Mono: 25 229 14%
Carbs: 119 401 24%
Fiber: 19 0 0%
Protein: 174 696 42%

Last edited:
superqt4u2nv said:
I am going to have to go with a no on the foam rolling since I don't even know what it is. Explain please ;)

Oooooo, foam rollers feel REALLY great. They will stretch out a back and glutes like nothing else. I LOVE my roller.

Do a general internet search for foam roller exercises.

Daisy_Girl said:
Oooooo, foam rollers feel REALLY great. They will stretch out a back and glutes like nothing else. I LOVE my roller.

Do a general internet search for foam roller exercises.
They are also really good if you place it under your hip and then roll it down your leg on your ITB band it really helps stretch it out!!!!

a foam roller is a form of self myofascial release. similar to what ART practitioners do, but milder and more for daily use. it allows you to break up adhesions and stretch the muscle from the center out. a good visual would be if you were to hold a rubber band by both ends and pull from each end, thats a static stretch. now hold both ends then have someone push down on the middle, see how much longer it can stretch?

breaking up small adhesions are similar to untying the knots that a muscle my have that inhibit it from stretching normally. if you have sciatic problems my first guess would be that you have overly tight lateral stabilizers (piriformis, medial glutes etc). this tightness can push that sciatic nerve up against the sciatic notch and cause pain.

bignate73 said:
a foam roller is a form of self myofascial release. similar to what ART practitioners do, but milder and more for daily use. it allows you to break up adhesions and stretch the muscle from the center out. a good visual would be if you were to hold a rubber band by both ends and pull from each end, thats a static stretch. now hold both ends then have someone push down on the middle, see how much longer it can stretch?

breaking up small adhesions are similar to untying the knots that a muscle my have that inhibit it from stretching normally. if you have sciatic problems my first guess would be that you have overly tight lateral stabilizers (piriformis, medial glutes etc). this tightness can push that sciatic nerve up against the sciatic notch and cause pain.
Thanks :) I got an appointment with my chiro tomorrow night and he also does ART I will ask him about these foam roller exercises. He has shown me a few exercise already that have really helped. I went from seeing him once or twice a week to once every 3-4 weeks since he showed me the other exercises.

Also prep testing is Monday May 29th I am starting to think it is more and more possible for me to make the August acadamey. :elephant:

There is some great suggestions here! The Foam Roller really helped work out the kinks with all that dang sprinting I did last summer... saved my ass ... (literally) :)

Nice job :qt: keep at it gurl ~ ;)

Good to see you logging, QT! Good luck with that sciatic....I know what you're goin' thru with that!

Weight 163 dropping some water :D

6:00
1 liter water
HITT
3 min warm up 4.0
10 intervals
1 min 7.0
1 min 4.0
2 min cool down 3.0

4 oz lean beef
grapefruit

10:00
1 oz almonds

12:00
1.5 liter water
4 oz chicken breast
2 rice cakes
2 cups cucumber

2:30
1.5 liter water
4 oz chicken breast
2 rice cakes

5:00
1 oz almonds

6:30
1 1/2 scope ON vanilla whey
1/2 scope orange gatoraid

Cute spot boy was there he is easy on the eyes and knows how to give a spot. Problem is I forget his name he told it to me like a year ago (when he asked me for deadlifting advice :D ) but I can't remember it :worried:

Bench Press 95 x 8/ 105 x 8/ 115 x 5 x 2
Decline Press 95 x 6 x 3
Incline DB Flies 25 x 8/ 30 x 8/ 35 x 8/ 35 x 7/ 35 x 6
Smith partial pin press 20 x 8/ 30 x 8/ 35 x 8 x 2
Tricep Press down 50 x 8 x 4
EZ curl 55 x 8 x 4
Hammer Curl 23 x 8 x 4

2 liters of water drank over course of the work out.
Strength is still blah do to running on 5 hours or less sleep need to work on this,

1 1/2 scope ON vanilla whey
1/2 scope orange gatoraid

9:30
2 hard boild eggs

Last edited:
Top Bottom