Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Superfoods

Tatyana

Elite Mentor
The one thing I am quite positive about is that most women like to look GREAT.

I really do think that beauty comes from within, and I am not just talking about personality.

I think that a healthy diet and hydration makes all the difference.

I personally LOVE all those happy hippy health food things, and as of late I have been experimenting with a few.

- Maca root
- Goji berries
- Senna powder - tastes mank, never doing this again
- cacao nibs or cacoa liquor
- lucuma powder
- wheat grass juice - tastes disgusting, don't do this anymore
- shitake and maitake mushrooms
- burdock root
- all sorts of seaweed - hijiki, nori, kelp, arame
- spirulina (tastes YUCKY)
- bee pollen
- manuka honey 30+ (YUM!)

I am also a big fan of teas, red, white, green, black, herbal.

A few of these are just awesome, manuka honey really kicked my immune system back into gear when I was quite run down last winter.

A small amount of goji berries/maca root is becoming a regular thing as well.

Lucuma powder is delicious, and it does add something to smoothies.
I would love to hear of any of the other herbal remedies/superfoods that you ladies love and couldn't live without.

Some you can just mix into smoothies, like maca root, suma root, lucuma, spirulina.

Others, like the seaweed or mushrooms are often found dehydrated, so you re-hydrate them, and they are great in stews.

Similarly, the season for fresh lotus root is almost upon us, this is an awesome food, and in chinese medicine, it it thought to be great for your lungs.

All of these, and burdock root (peeled or scrubbed well, sliced) are fantastic in stews.

Seaweed is great in with cooking beans or grains.

Cacao nibs, I like to stuff them in dried figs. They are awesome just to eat straight up with goji berries as well.

Some people like to blend cacoa nibs, goji berries, some type of nut, figs/dates/apricots/coconut, and then press into 'energy balls'.

:jenscat

Goodness gracious... I wouldn't even know where to find most of those foods or how to eat them!

Same here! Have no idea what they are..

Food and healthy diet has been my 'thing' for awhile.

Other more common super foods

- blueberries

- brazil nuts

- raspberries

- aloe vera

- pre-biotics/live yogurt

- avacado

- salmon

- oats

- beans and pulses

Food and healthy diet has been my 'thing' for awhile.

Other more common super foods

- blueberries

- brazil nuts

- raspberries

- aloe vera

- pre-biotics/live yogurt

- avacado

- salmon

- oats

- beans and pulses

I've also been eating healthy for a about 20 years, however, These foods are more commonly found. Exept pulses, don't know what it is. I think when one is a vegetarian, like you were Tat, then we research all types of veggies. I've always been a meat eater.
At least here in the US, you don't find the average person looking for those begetables.
Cool! I'd still like to find the sweet veg you mentioned in my thread...

I think being veggie was really good for expanding the range of food that I ate, I had to really to be healthy.

I was vegan for awhile, but I was a whole and natural food vegan, so things like Linda McCartney meals and quorn were out of the question.

Pulses are legumes, I suppose it really is the English word for beans.

I try and speak both languages, English English and American English on this site as we are fairly international.

:)

Top Bottom