Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Suggestions for home fitness

2horns

A friend broke her foot and obviously will not be able to do cardio. Can some of the ladies here tell me what would be the best workouts and/or options to keep in shape for her at home. She is in good shape but does not go to a gym and wants to know of any "home equipment" or things of that nature that she can use until she gets back to normal. Thanks.

Ow. Sorry to hear about the foot. You never realize how dependent you are on your feet until you don't have them to use.

Always a good time to work on core strength -- fit ball, pilates, yoga -- within the capabilities of the one bum foot of course. Resistance bands & weights. How "home gym" are we talking? Does she have any of the big equipment for lifting or just looking for the mobile-type stuff that doesn't cost lots?

Just wanted to know of some of the "cheaper" type options like maybe some DB's and balls etc...she is pretty bummed out and just wanted some options and ideas. Thanks.

Fit ball & resistance bands and maybe some 12-15 lb DBs? The bands I like you can get at elitefts.com.

I dont know about buying individual DBs. I've seen them selling for about $1/pound.. not all that cheap if you ask me. Theres this place near me -- dont know if you have one -- called Play It Again Sports. Before I had my college gym at my disposal, I had my own weight set at home. I got a great deal on it from Play It Again. If you have one near by, I would definitely check it out.

Other than that, there's a whole lot of bodyweight exercises to do with little or no equipment..
various grip-width pushups, dips, various situps, wall sits, pull-ups with a doorway pull-up bar. And I'm sure if your friend is creative enough, she can think of some other effective exercises as well.

Hope this helps!

Have her check what type of cable box she has, depending on which cable company she has. Where I am -- I have Video on Demand (VOD) and they have a fitness section with Yoga, Pilates, Quickie Workouts, Cardio, etc........... all FREE...... It comes in handy for something different to do at home.

Top Bottom