Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Struggling with pull ups

buffchick66

I really want to be able to do reps of pull ups but feel I cant get past where I have been for the last few weeks. Any advice to push me through this ?

How many reps do you do? You can do less reps, stay away from failure and add more frequency.

However if you can do only 1 rep, you should start with resistance bands or in a graviton machine and progress from there.

You should also do other movements to help you with back strength and hypertrophy, like rows and pulldowns. You can also train the negative part of the movements. Instead of pull you up, you start at the top and go down slowly.

first off DO NOT overtrain on pullups. it is a great way to fuck up your shoulders and elbows. you won't get better by overtraining

my advice is do variations of a pullup, specifically monkey bars. also you can start implementing 2-5 pound weights strapped to you when you do pullups but be patient

Use 'jump' pull ups to get past a plateau. Do as many pull ups as you can regularly, then use a stool to use your legs to help you get a couple extra forced reps

I really want to be able to do reps of pull ups but feel I cant get past where I have been for the last few weeks. Any advice to push me through this ?

You can try doing negative reps where you climb over the bar and then lower yourself down while keeping good control.

You can also use these resistance bands to do assisted pull-ups.

Doing pull downs and other rowing movements will strengthen your pull power.

Top Bottom