Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Strengthening my grip for heavier deadlift

mistakemaker

[FONT=&quot]My deadlift has improved significantly but now I m at the point that I can lift more than my grip will allow. What can I do to catch my forearms up? I don't want to use straps because I want to build my forearms as much as possible. Its really the hardest workout they get. Maybe I will have to use straps. Maybe there is something I am overlooking? I dunno. Any suggestions?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

I like to use a hook grip myself. It allows your grip to hold absurd amounts while still maintaining symmetry (unlike mixed grip). The caveat is that it will hurt your thumb like hell the first few times you do it, but after a while it stops.

i would say do snatches but many gyms don't allow that with good reason and there is a significant risk of injury

sounds like some high rep deadlifts using a thicker bar is your best bet. i know that worked for me

and good on you for not using wraps or straps. i hate when i see that in the gym especially when they are younger guys. they are only hurting themselves

You can do fireman walks, hanging from a pull up bar. I even recommend buying finger resistance bands to strengthen fingers.

Top Bottom