Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

stopped menstrual cycle

jenny27

well it has been almost 4 months since i've had any sign of my period. while i'm enjoying every minute of it, i'm also concerned. do or have any of you had this problem and for how long did it last for? i'm seeing my doctor on the 22nd of this month and i'm afraid she's going to tell me to take a break from working out (which i really really dont want to even consider). let me know what you think. thanks in advance.

Good Heavens Spatts is it actually that you have had only 2 menses each year since age 13!! Is your bone density oke? How would we check this to see? My menses have been irregular since age 14 when i stared skating and later lifting, but i probably still get 10-11 each year.

I'm under the impression that estrogen is only related to bone density in the case of inactive women who do not do the OTHER things necessary for bone density, i.e. - eat decently and engage in weight bearing exercise.

After all, guys don't have periods, don't have much estrogen, and they don't get dowager's humps or as many broken hips, do they?

As I understand it, estrogen is only one of the factors related to bone density, and that the bones themselves react directly to stress by increasing their density when pressure is applied to them on a regular basis. My opinion, which has been confirmed to me by doctors, is that diet and weight-bearing exercise are more important to maintaining bone density than estrogen is, and in general, more healthful and helpful throughout a woman's life. Since high estrogen levels are only programmed to happen through a limit number of years for us, it doesn't make sense to rely on it completely.

Something tells me Spatt eats just fine and lifts PLENTY of weight to do the job.

Fawn

I have also been wondering about this...
I did a 6 week cycle and I haven't gotten my period back yet, and the cycle stopped about 7 weeks ago... I'm at quite low bodyfat right now, don't know the exact figure, but I have veins on my arms and stomach. So do I need to gain weight to get my period back ??? I like the way I look now and don't wanna be any bigger...
I like not having period, but how big of a deal is it not to have the monthly visit ??? I'm planning on seeing a doctor soon if it doesn't show.

Thanks

NF

Its finally being accepted that having a period isnt necessarily that healthy. Some of the more forward thinking doctors are embracing having women use their BC pills with no break (skip the placebos, go right into the next pack).
Your period is basically a hormone fluxuation that causes all those wonderful :rolleyes: things to happen. Some studies are leading doctors to belive that not having a period is much healthier and may lead to reduced incidents of several forms of cancer...

If someone told a guy he had to bleed from his hoo-hoo every 28 days... well, lets just say it wouldnt be a pleasant scene!

I have been irregular from the time I began to menstruate. True, I did have a certain degree of difficulty getting pregnant, but I have four children (THANK GOD) so it is all good. I was only "regular" for about a year or so after having my last. Since then I am more like a bitch. Hehehehehheeee It is kind of wierd because I don't know how I am going to explain to my girls the whole menstrual cycle thing. I mean, I hardly ever menstruate and they are aware of this so I may have a hard time explaining what is supposed to be "normal" for them.

Conversely, I have known MANY competitors who despite their low bf percentage all comiserated about how they never fail to get their periods while competing!

My doc (who I have a tremendous amount of faith in... not BLIND faith) confirmed that this is how my body works and it is all good. It will only get scantier as time progresses.

guess what ladies? with all this talk, guess what i got today? that's right good ol' aunt flo! bummer huh:rolleyes: (guess that explains my cravings the past couple of days). :bawling:

Top Bottom