Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

starving at night...........

Sassy69 said:
I like the EAS shakes - they come in the box drink thingies in packages of 4. But they are very small servings... I would rely on protein powder more - I actually travel w/ a shaker or a good jug thing (not a large plastic cup w/ the straw thing because you can never get the straw part clean) and keep a baggie of protein mix & scoop w/ me. Just add water & you have instant drink for a lot cheaper.

I would probally do better if I did just bring my protein and mix it with the water I drink already. It just isn't as good. But you do consider that a meal replacement?

hmm. i rarely drink protein shakes mixed with water all by themselves as a meal.

If I want it to be a quick meal I either add milk or eat some diet yogurt after the shake.

whey mixed with water would keep me satisfied all of 5 minutes and I'd be hungry again! lol

Those EAS shakes are good but they are expensive

yeah, protein shakes (whey) by themselves aren't a meal replacement IMO.....unless it's pre-bed, then it's just easier than cooking/eating/chewing food......Casein protein sticks with me longer than whey does or you can have whey with a fat, like PB.....or nuts......

And yeah, the slimfast has sugar & junk in them, just read the ingredients.....regular protein is much healthier....and you can add fruit & stuff to it yourself so you know what's in it....

:heart:

Last edited by a moderator:
That is what he ment to say Sassy lol......Ksharp..I mix mine with fat free milk in the little blender and it tastes fine...Duck had me eat oats/hotwater and protein powered mixed into a paste and it was good lol....

I hate cottage cheese too - makes me gag. :)

Can try some plain yogurt mixed with berries (NOT the non-fat crap, regular stuff), 1oz cheese and apple, celery and PB, etc etc .....

Protein shake with water is a great post-WO nutrition, but not the best alone befopre bed - too fast digesting. Make a "shake" with 1/4 skim milk, rest water, protein powder, couple berries and peanut butter (or add 1 tbsp plain olive oil for fat, no flavor)

Have you tried flax seed oil before bed?

Gymgurl said:
^^ yuck^^ lol....but it is great in uping your cals when you are to low lol

yes I know its gross... but sure helps with upping cals and helping hold you over during the night. I do the whole, hold the nose close and just pour it in the back of my throat thingy. ewwwwwww

Top Bottom