Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

sprinting on an empty stomach? morning catabolism from cardio?

missyd143

is it true that u can go catabolic if you go do cardio 1st thing in the morning on an empty stomach? should itake or eat anything to prevent this? people say that 30 min of cardio will not burn fat..doing 60 min does....any comments? i think 60 min is too long? and muscle is lost in the long run if you do not eat enouugh protein to rebuild it....tru>>

I would check out the 30 + 30 thread on this board. It all depends on what your goals are? 60 minutes in the morning is something I would do only when getting ready for a show..and I didnt always do that amount of time..I mixed it up...mixing HIIT training in there too. If I did 60 minutes it would be low- to moderate...nothing crazy. I prefer cardio in the AM on an empty stomach...check out that thread..many posts are relating to this topic.:)

Sprint work will use blood glucose. If you are on day 2 or 3 of a low carb cycle, then it could be lights out on the treadmill. If you're liver glycogen is OK in the morning, then you'll probably be OK. None-the-less, sprint work uses mostly muscle glycogen, blood glucose and little fat. The fat burning effect is a function of the increase in metabolism that occurs for hours after the high-intensity work.

Prolonged low-moderate intensity work is OK on an empty stomach.

W6

It is highly important to define your goals. If you want an athletic training effect (improvement for the sake of athletic performance) it is important to have the fuel you need to train hard so that you get the imporvement you're looking for. If however you're looking for an asthetic training effect (fat loss for the sake of appearance)an empty stomach cardio session is in order. To enhance the adjustment your body makes to your effort , rotate your style of cardio on a regular basis. HIT and 30+30 and hill/stair sprints and long hikes and spinning and ... mix it up, and vary the length of time you train. If you really want a training effect, try to coordinate your calorie cycling with the intensity cycling of your cardio. Can you say SHREADDED!!!
To minimize catabolism, eat immeadiately after your empty gut cardio session. Since this is early am, don't be afraid of carbs, and pour on the protein. If you're not afraid of catabolism, you can wait for up to 1 hour before having breakfast. This method will make you lethargic , maybe even lightheaded,so it is best to have something liquid when the time comes to speed up the absorption process.
WW

THANKS ALOT BUT what about having low moderate cardio with my days of low carbs and moderate fat and high protein...i usually up the fats when my carbs are low on days 1 and 2...the other days when my carbs are moderae i lower the fats..is that ok or will that mess everything up?

Up the protein instead of the fat on low carb days. What eat more fat? Went through this with the client I got ready for the Nationals. The person that put together her diet was into the high fat (lots of flax) low carb days. As soon as I cut her fat she started losing fat in a hurry. Fat is fat. Eat it and store it, you can only burn so much.

W6

thanks but why do people say u need fat to burn fat? i do take some flax oil capsules///and i didnt eat fat and my hair started to fall out...and how about low carb days? just oatmeal in the morning...and what kind of fat in what grams should i eat??(im 120)) should i cycle my carbs ...if i eat 20 carbs from just oameal can 60 gframs i eat be fat or just eat all protein??

I'm with w6 on this one. Up the protein not the fat. I would suggest you use food as opposed to suppliments if you can. I know for many of us the ease of whipping up a shake makes it more attractive as a protein source, but a chicken breast, salmon steak, or even cup-o-cottage cheese has plenty of protein. Real food also gives the "chewing satisfaction" that makes many of us irritable when we go too long without it.
WW

i guess u dont belive in keto diets and atkins..cause they have high fat and protein and they lose alot of weight..can this be water weight? i mean a calorie is just a calorie right? cal in vs cal out..if you dont have enough fats you start to hold fat in starvation mode if carbs and fat are low...one has to be moderate...dont ya think? thats what people say? am i right

Top Bottom