Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

sprained ankle

wanderlusty

of course.

the first time in recent history I've really stuck to an exercise routine and I sprain my ankle.. walking!

I'm very frustrated.

Right now the only cardio I can do is swimming, but I find that super tedious. Maybe if I do intervals it'll be okay, but I can't see 60 minutes three times a week.. I'd go insane! I'm not even sure my ankle will hold up for intervals, however.. gotta be careful!

oh well.. I have been trying to lose fat.. but maybe I should take this next month and try to gain strength especially? In for weeks I can do low impact cardio.. i guess that's really not too long.

Do y'all have any suggestions for leg moves that don't put strain on the ankle? I figure I can do quad extenstions and hamstring curls... what else? squats, lunges, and leg presses are out for a couple of months.

thanks for listening to me bitch and moan ;)

how bad did you sprain it? did ou fall over on your foot when walking? if so, i dont think a few months is what you will need, maybe a week, hopefully!

i would try the exercises you want to do with a light weight to judge how much pain you may feel and go from there. I would personally try everything myself justto see if it does hurt so as not to be able to do the routine. :D

Like i'm not sure if it will pain you too much to do leg press, lunges, squats etc..:confused:

For cardio, i'm sure you can ride the bike maybe.

I have been trying to lose fat.. but maybe I should take this next month and try to gain strength especially?

I hope this doesn't mean that because you are trying to lose fat, you are not strength training right? You gotta lift baby!

So take it slow and easy and try the exercises and judge for yourself. Maybe wrap your ankle for support.

Quit wearing those platforms when jogging ! lol j/k

Honestly though, my ankles have only bothered me for a week or so when I have sprained them lightly. SO hopefully (fingers crossed) thes same will be for you.

But leg extensions, curls, hmmmmm i think everything else uses your ankles. But you do have a whole upper torso to work on in any case! ;)

Best of luck girl:)

luckily my upper body is what really needs working.. lower is quite strong from toting the extra weight all these years ;) Of course, lower body is much more fun to work cuz I feel like I'm actually moving some weight!

the sprain isn't tooo bad.. the pain doesn't bother me so much (it's definetly there, though!), but the thing about sprains if that you really gotta let them heal. If I were to hurt it again while it is healing, that would REALLY be bad news.

I went to the doctor today and he's got me on crutches for a week.. I can walk now, but the more rest my ankle can get, the better it will heal. I have a weak ankle and I don't want to risk doing more to it. My Dr. wants me basically off it for a month, and I'm not supposed to do aerobics or running for two months! uggh. Unfortunately, ligaments take a long time to heal, and in some ways a sprain is worse than a break because afterwards it's easier to sprain again.

I have been strength training for two months.. that's my favorite thing to do, so thank goodness I can still do it for the most part. But as part of my plan to lose cardio I've been aiming for a 500cal deficit and 60 min cardio 3 times per week. I suppose I could lower how much food I eat.. because I seriously doubt I'll be getting as much cardio in the next month. I dunno what to do.. I guess it's kinda inevitable that this is gonna slow me down, but that's life, huh?

life sux sometimes..but try to make it a postive. get frickin strong baby! and let that ankle heel! hehe

sounds like youre getting awesome progress. I am currently trying to build some lean musccle and gain strength. I am lacking in my upper body also, but also want an aweseom set of weels.

best of luck sweetie!

Top Bottom